Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PPG Infinite vs Phonem?

ok, its about time I bought one of these, Im ready for a wavetable au, anybody have both of these? Trying to decide which one to get, they seem kinda sorta similar ? Seems like PPG Infinite has some out there soundscape type of stuff. hmmmm I could use some of that :smile:
Ill probably end up with both, just wondering which is " better", or rather what people prefer?

Comments

• I have all of his apps. Strangely I mostly love to use Wavegenerator.
    Phonem is really good, but Infinite is Wolfgang’s latest app. If I had to choose, I’d choose Infinite.
    I believe you can import Phonem and Wavegenerator patches into Infinite.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:
    Is Wavegenerator the least CPU-hungry PPG app?
    I'm looking for an AU-capable PPG/Waldorf-type of wavetable synth to use in BM3 on an old iPad Mini 2.
    Thanks.

Then choose Wavegenerator. It’s the original Wavetable synth. AU of course.
    On my old 12,9 it doesn’t use much power.

• edited December 2017
  • @Kühl said:
    I have all of his apps. Strangely I mostly love to use Wavegenerator.
    Phonem is really good, but Infinite is Wolfgang’s latest app. If I had to choose, I’d choose Infinite.
    I believe you can import Phonem and Wavegenerator patches into Infinite.

Cool, that sounds like the way to go, thanks!

• @StudioES said:
    Thanks for the input @Kühl

What is missing in the AU version versus the full standalone?

The Standalone version IS AU. You set up things in the app. If you open it as an AU, you get a simpler interface, but the engine is the same. It’s really a great synth. One of my favourites. It’s growing on me every time I use it.

• edited December 2017
  • The nice thing is that you can make any sound you want in standalone mode and bring it up in AU mode.

Here you see the difference. I loaded the au into AUM.
    The Option Flags in the upper left corner is missing in the AU.

• Don’t let the interface intimidate you. The sounds are marvellous and it comes with several sound banks.
    It’s very KRAUT :smile:
    Infinite must be the definite alternative of AU options

• edited December 2017
  • Been playing with Ifinite for a few hours, this thing is a beast

• What about minimapper?

• I would suggest WaveGenerator. I think t’s the best of the four in terms of versatility and app design. I got all 4, and it and WaveMapper are my favorites (although WaveMapper UI can be a bit confusing at first), followed by Phonem and Infinite.

I wish UI got a better treatment for all of these apps. The engine is amazing though.

Speaking of which, been having problems adjusting things in WaveGenerator and Phonem. In WaveGenerator on the Wave page basically can’t adjust anything (in all 3 grids) precisely even with a Pencil. I click on one thing but it registers as a click nearby. A parallax effect basically. Arp is especially off. In Phonem the Spectrum Editor is also affected in the same way, (but the Matrix touch responses work well and are very exact) I just got these apps and absolutely loving the possibilities but I can’t use them because of this.

Could you guys test how it works on your devices please? (iPad Pro 10.5” here)
    @Kühl @Strizbiz @studioAB @ExAsperis99

• @epfox said:
    I would suggest WaveGenerator. I think t’s the best of the four in terms of versatility and app design. I got all 4, and it and WaveMapper are my favorites (although WaveMapper UI can be a bit confusing at first), followed by Phonem and Infinite.

I wish UI got a better treatment for all of these apps. The engine is amazing though.

Speaking of which, been having problems adjusting things in WaveGenerator and Phonem. In WaveGenerator on the Wave page basically can’t adjust anything (in all 3 grids) precisely even with a Pencil. I click on one thing but it registers as a click nearby. A parallax effect basically. Arp is especially off. In Phonem the Spectrum Editor is also affected in the same way, (but the Matrix touch responses work well and are very exact) I just got these apps and absolutely loving the possibilities but I can’t use them because of this.

Ipad 10.5 here also, having the same problem. This used to work fine on this ipad, so probably caused by the last updates (ppg or ios). I think a lot af apps are struggling with the new refresh rates of the ipad pro screen.

• Thanks for checking @charleso
    I think new features are cool, but Apple shouldn’t treat us as beta testers. I would rather wait a few months for updates while all compatibility is tested. And it’s unfair to devs, as they get bad reviews and they have to spend time fixing what Apple broke. It seems Apple doesn’t care much about maintaining backward compatibility on iOS. I saw many bad reviews for apps like Procreate because people upgraded iOS and it introduced a big bug. But though it was fixed, most people don’t bother changing reviews. (Reminds me of that Jakob’s YouTube video where he strongly advices to wait before updating iOS)

• @charleso said:

@epfox said:
    I would suggest WaveGenerator. I think t’s the best of the four in terms of versatility and app design. I got all 4, and it and WaveMapper are my favorites (although WaveMapper UI can be a bit confusing at first), followed by Phonem and Infinite.

Ipad 10.5 here also, having the same problem. This used to work fine on this ipad, so probably caused by the last updates (ppg or ios). I think a lot af apps are struggling with the new refresh rates of the ipad pro screen.

Interesting, I'll give this a go later as I have a 10.5" as well.