Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone else having issues with garageband as of 7.0.2?

As of 7.0.2 Garageband won't work for me as an output device. Anyone else having this?

Comments

• edited October 2013

Yes, I can confirm that this is a bug with the iOS 7.0.2 point release which causes this behavior of GarageBand (as far as I know it's only GarageBand but of course it could be other apps, too).

So basically: iOS 6 is fine, iOS 7.0 and 7.0.1 are okay with some apps showing buggy behavior that haven't updated to the latest SDK and iOS 7.0.2 breaking GarageBand.

We refrained from sending another round of emails this time because we got enough drama last time we did.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

I suggest either downgrading to iOS 6, iOS 7.0 or waiting for the next point release of iOS or GarageBand.

• edited October 2013

You got drama from just one person. You said at the time you thought that you'd done the right thing, and a lot of people supported you. Doing the exact opposite now is disappointing to say the least. I respectfully suggest you examine your motives here, they seem a little petty.

• Okay, awesome thanks. Not a big deal for me I was just making sure it wasn't just me. :)

• @PaulB

Wow, meta-drama!

• I may be misinterpreting what took place, Sebastian is free to set me straight.

• edited October 2013

There's a saying here in the US that tongue-in-cheek describes the unfortunate situation that @Sebastian is finding himself in: Damned if you do; Damned if you don't.... It's unfortunately a no-win situation regardless of the best of intentions and efforts...

• Personally, I think he was right and motivated by noble intentions the first time...

• edited October 2013

@PaulB: We've gotten a lot more .... ahem... "replies". Some from from people we've been working with in the past.

We've decided that we've already warned people to wait with updating to iOS 7 and us sending another note that reads "Hey people, now... definitely don't update to iOS 7.0.2 if you want to use GarageBand with Audiobus because Apple's own point release just broke their own app in this context!" would just come across as pretty weird.

We'd be putting ourselves in a position that requires us to be the watchdog of everything that's broken for musicians in iOS 7 (and most likely iOS 6 as well) and we simply cannot provide such a service.

The truth is, that Apple needs to provide such a service. They need to do a better job of communicating with developers and users. I don't know how they're going to go about this because they've got hundreds of thousands of developers and hundreds of millions of users but... they have to fix it. Apple's own developer forums and their bug tracking system sort of work but they could be improved vastly.

End of rant.

• edited October 2013

That's an excellent explanation of a very reasonable position. No hint of a rant from what I can see. What you said before didn't come across nearly so well, so I'm glad you took the time to clarify.

• edited October 2013

FL Studio Mobile HD seems to be in the same boat as Garageband having an ios7 issue as an output device. No metronome count in, or monitoring of output app tracks. Any suggestions of output apps that are currently working with iOS7? I need a metronome count in, and the ability to hear my other tracks when I'm recording a new one.

• Same issue I'm having with GarageBand and 7.0.2 this is frustrating.

• I'm having The same problem. I'm trying to put GarageBand as an output device and trying to connect Foursquare or Animoog or anything else as an imput device and It just doesn't work anymore!!!
    It's very frustating !!!

• BrianR,
    You can hear the metronome and playback if you start recording from within FL Mobile and then switch over to the input app. I just tested in GarageBand and that will work there too. If your count-in is long enough and you're fast with the app switching, it can work out OK.

FL Mobile is due to have this fixed in the next release, "very soon now" according to the developers.

• I have iOS 7.0.2 and can use GB as an output... I'm no Audiobus expert, but I open GB first, open the song, select the track I want to record to, open AB, open GB as output, open input device, and can record to GB. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue...

• just bought audio bus and i can't get it to work with garageband, i have ios7 with sunriser, isem etc..nothing works...what's going on!

• I think the issue is with certain apps.

• Garageband will be updating next week Tuesday most likely.

• edited October 2013

reading the above...looks like we'll have to wait until they fix the bugs...i can not playback...no recordings...nowt!...VERY frustrating...can you also put a proper help file on how to use this app...with a step by step..the silly little videos don't help much...was thinking i was doing something wrong... i guess we'll hear that it's fixed via an app update...would have been useful to know when buying that it doesn't work in ios7...you know add a note to the app page!

• @cresshead Is Garageband the only Daw type app you have?

• edited October 2013

working in loopy just so peeps know with ios7.02 with animoog
    also working with isem and loopy.

yeh garageband is the only DAW...it's apple so thought if anything should work that would!

at least i know i was doing stuff right now that loopy works!...:)

• 7.0.3 has seemed to fix the issue! well at least for me. One thing I notice in the Audiobus slide out menu is that the app I have set as input icon is missing while I'm in GB. This may be corrected with a restart/relaunch or could be isolated to that app(figure)haven't tried yet, but app still switches and works fine.

• You might have to delete the app in question (the one that shows the icon wrong) and install it anew since the icon is cached.

• Thanks Sebastian..I will try that.

• I have installed the new version of Garageband, but for me the problem is still there - very irritating!

• Since the above, 7.0.3 has become available and as jdub said it appears to have fixed the issue!

• me too having the same problem what should i do