Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria pro update for iOS 11

Auria pro update for iOS 11 Out heads up

Comments

• edited October 2017

Yeah, just updated and views are messed up on 10.5” Pro. Hopefully they’ll put out a fix soon...

• Did you restore it from a backup, @excesseye? It sometimes happened when restoring from an iPad 12'' to a 9'7'', I think it can also happen from 9'7'' to 10'5''. If it is a backup, no solution: you have to reinstall.

• @theconnactic said:
    Did you restore it from a backup, @excesseye? It sometimes happened when restoring from an iPad 12'' to a 9'7'', I think it can also happen from 9'7'' to 10'5''. If it is a backup, no solution: you have to reinstall.

No, just updated an existing install on 10.5. Had to reinstall recently because of a crash loop on startup and really don’t want to go through all that again.

• No problems here. 12.9/latest. Hardly put it to the knife, but ran up a few different sessions, seemed quicker and smoother. Tried a number of Fabs as well, and the automation is just so damn lovely, but then it always is, that's one of the great points. Again, not an exhaustive test, but so far so (very) good.

• @excesseye said:
    Yeah, just updated and views are messed up on 10.5” Pro. Hopefully they’ll put out a fix soon...

Same problem here. Also 10.5

• Can’t even see it in UK App Store (which for me can be three days behind actual release) but if it’s messed up, then I might as well wait.

• I’m having problems redownloading purchased content from the store. Maybe the server is down or something?

• @Munibeast said:
    I’m having problems redownloading purchased content from the store. Maybe the server is down or something?

>

I’d try it for you, but I don’t want to risk the whole thing going tits up. Again.

• It's downloading now but it's the slowest download I've ever seen. Must take all day at that kind of speed. I think I'll cancel it and try again tomorrow.

• Has anyone tried it with an iPad Pro 9.7 running Auria Pro (as in not auria upgraded to Auria Pro) yet?

• edited October 2017

@Extnctn6 said:
    Has anyone tried it with an iPad Pro 9.7 running Auria Pro (as in not auria upgraded to Auria Pro) yet?

Working OK for me (1st Gen 9.7).

• Working ok here too 2017 ipad

• edited October 2017

Server is obviously having problems. The download speed is around a whopping 8MB per hour or so.
    And there’s no Auria folder in the files app. Upgraded LE to full to pro... Restart doesn’t change anything either. Guess another update is necessary.

• A fix for the fix has been submitted. Should fix the display issues on the 10.5 Pro and the missing Files support for upgraded versions of Auria (only the native Auria Pro had Files support, versions upgraded to Pro from regular or LE were missing it).

• Is the update supposed to be automatic on the App Store? My settings say 2.11 but there’s no option to update to 2.12 on App Store?

• sooo many bugs still remain, auria feels like nothing more than lost time and $. maybe i will pursue a refund...

• @wellingtonCres said:
    sooo many bugs still remain, auria feels like nothing more than lost time and $. maybe i will pursue a refund...

Wow, really?
    I just opened it last night after weeks and weeks away, and immediately with the Fabfilter Pro L and C and Volcano, I was wondering why on earth I'm wasting time with the (albeit very friendly) Cubasis?!

FYI: I have not updated to iOS 11. Because, you know, why would you do such a thing?

• @richardyot said:
    A fix for the fix has been submitted. Should fix the display issues on the 10.5 Pro and the missing Files support for upgraded versions of Auria (only the native Auria Pro had Files support, versions upgraded to Pro from regular or LE were missing it).

Rim is doing all this as fast as he can. I don't think most people realize the Herculean effort it is to pretty much 'one man band' an app as hugely complex as Auria is.

Save for a few bugs & snags like this Files situation, the app is running fine on 11. My Air 2 has updated from iOS 8 to 9 to 10 now to 11 and Auria always works with a minimum of snags, which for the sheer size & scope of the app, and basically being developed & attended to by ONE dude, is remarkable.

Yeah it's annoying, especially if someone is doing some important work on Auria, but I remember shit that was much more annoying: having to clean tape heads, condition rubber pinch rollers & demagnetize tape paths each session when using cassette multitracks. Plus the addition of setting tape bias & alignment of heads on open reel machines. Spending hours messing with ASIO files, drivers, crashes, data corruption, bottlenecks...

• Every year iOS updates break apps, this is not news. Just wait until the major bugs are fixed before updating to 11 - I usually wait a few months, that way things are far less likely to break.

• There was a reason I never wanted a 10,5 iPad, stomach feeling. 12,9 working great here.

• Auria pro for me is like angels singing with the behringer series mixers it allows 16 plus channel recording at high quality on a device thinner than a thick woman's magazine. Simply Alienware

Throw in midi import that blows away most desktop apps Au and decent IAA support
    Fab filters and couple dozen good sound fonts
    And I can live with a few minor bugs. But we need 1 more guy to develop as a backup. Read 10000 pages before Robert Jordan died. Let's not have same happen to Auria Angels pro

Only paid 40 bucks Canadian on sale that's like 5 dollars US or 2 euros...

• New Auria Pro update just dropped!

• Here’s AP with inverted colors in IOS11:

• edited October 2017

Well that’s different!

• edited October 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Here’s AP with inverted colors in IOS11:

Oooh, love the ‘80s vibe

• Cool, Is that with zoom/accessibility filters?
    For some reason I also have a new Fabfilter but I'm not complaining lol
    Rim is quick! Are most little bugs gone?

• @wellingtonCres said:
    sooo many bugs still remain, auria feels like nothing more than lost time and $. maybe i will pursue a refund...

I assume you did post the many bugs over in the WML forum?Cause, u know, he can only try to fix things he knows about.

• @Crabman said:
    I assume you did post the many bugs over in the WML forum?Cause, u know, he can only try to fix things he knows about.

>

I don’t want a refund, think that AP does some things superbly, will continue to use it as my primary DAW, and recommend it to others.

But, I see no point in posting bug reports, as stuff that was reported literally years ago never gets fixed. And when anyone even murmurs about that, we get the one man genius arse kissing brigade jumping on them.

All apps have their supporters and detractors, of course, but AP is in a category of its own.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Crabman said:

>

I don’t want a refund, think that AP does some things superbly, will continue to use it as my primary DAW, and recommend it to others.

But, I see no point in posting bug reports, as stuff that was reported literally years ago never gets fixed. And when anyone even murmurs about that, we get the one man genius arse kissing brigade jumping on them.

All apps have their supporters and detractors, of course, but AP is in a category of its own.

I've heard them referred to as the Cult of Auria ;)

OT - Auria seems to be working fine on my 2017 pro 12.9, latest ios version

Sure, it has it's quirks but then again, so does all software. Even Logic can drive me up the wall when editing midi for example

• edited October 2017

I reported a bug related to zero point snap a couple of weeks ago. Received a same day response from Rim acknowledging the issue and notifying that it’d be fixed in the next update, which it is! (Just checked).

Have experienced this same process for a number of (now fixed) issues over the last year. Just sharing this personal experience because regardless of the disclaimers baked into the negative attacks we’re seeing more and more of, meaningless slander (going beyond reasonable critique and into repetitious mantra) towards professionals and their work is poisonous and vicious and I hope a counterpoint will provide some balance.