Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ISymphonic Orchestra v2 now on Appstore

Comments

• Great news, thanks for the heads up in this. Looking forward to checking it out.

• See sounds and features here:

• Multiple instances still crash for me.
    But meanwhile, I begin to think that this is a memory shortage.
    2 GB are small :-(

• Working here.

http://doc.crudebyte.com/iSymphonic/Release-Notes/2_0/

That's some serious bits and pieces. V. pleased with the admin side/tagging side of things.

• Cool!! Must be a HUUUGE download--it's taking forever! :neutral:

• Thanks Crudebyte for the update and the new exciting features. A special thanks for the Mastertune function if one wishes to experiment with other than 440hz tuning

• So - when get the soundpacks cheaper....?

• @Satie said:
    So - when get the soundpacks cheaper....?

Cheeky :blush: They come out with a pretty serious update and you're asking for a discount.....I'd give it a week or two maybe, just to be respectful. Have to say it's because I have so many of the packs (paid full price, no complaints) that I'm so happy with the new sorting/filing/choosing systems....I do LOVE being able to rate apps/select by user rating (amongst other ways to get the same cat skinned...). Also nice improvements to the in-app keyboard...

• Excellent update. All the labeling for state saves will definitely help cats using this on a gig but my excitement is for the obvious improvement in speed & sound.

Before on my Air 2 each program/voice change took a few seconds but now going through all the presets is instantaneous. And to me everything sounds a bit clearer; on my 7506's I can hear a very musical & awesome sounding string/bow scrapes on cello, etc. It just sounds more full & "there" as well.

Thanks to the guys at Crudebyte, this is really impressive.

• edited October 2017

I bought a whole bunch - and was very disappointed in most of the sample libraires :s
    Its OK to flesh out some ideas on the ipad with - but nowhere near the incredible third party sample libraries for Kontakt. (like Albion V etc)
    But I suppose if one has never heard exceptional sample libraries, then iSymphonic is da bomb.....

• Old thread but hard to find something via search and don´t wanted to start a new one for this.
    I finally bought iSymphonic for iPhone and it has some really nice sound to use out of the box.
    But not exactly what i want maybe and since i can´t test IAP i wonder if someone could recommend the best for mostly just string sections. Best if there would be single sections for violins, violas, cellos and basses.
    I would like that to get along with my mac software and as scratch pad for some ideas.
    Otherwise i have Sample Tank (with several IAP) , ThumbJam, bs-16i and a few others but iSymphonic seems the best so far on iOS.
    I won´t go trough to buy all the IAP since it would cost almost as much as a Kontakt Player library.

• edited April 2018

@Cib I don't have all of the IAP but definitely pick up Varia (solo cello) and Corda (solo violin). One thing that is better than iSymphonic is FingerFiddle (IMHO), albeit much harder to play. I don't think iSymphonic has viola or bass by themselves. I did just get Notion recently and that can give you a lot more character in terms of articulations. The base app comes with all solo instruments you are looking for and they are LSO samples. I haven't had time to really compare the differences between Notion and iSymphonic sound-wise, but you can export midi (no articulation support though) or a stereo wav of the whole piece.

• @mjcouche said:
    @Cib I don't have all of the IAP but definitely pick up Varia (solo cello) and Corda (solo violin). One thing that is better than iSymphonic is FingerFiddle (IMHO), albeit much harder to play. I don't think iSymphonic has viola or bass by themselves. I did just get Notion recently and that can give you a lot more character in terms of articulations. The base app comes with all solo instruments you are looking for and they are LSO samples. I haven't had time to really compare the differences between Notion and iSymphonic sound-wise, but you can export midi (no articulation support though) or a stereo wav of the whole piece.

I have Finger Fiddle but sadly it´s craped in it´s input and output. It indeed sounds really great for a certain styles and is awesome for FX as well. Not quite realistic enough for a solo instrument but really the closest on iOS.
    No midi in is a no go for me and so i just don´t use it often. I saw some great performances on you-tube but it´s not for me.
    I also mean more larger sections, no solo instruments.
    Thank´s!

• edited April 2018

@Cib I went to the Crudebyte website and demoed all of their videos. I was really impressed with the Pro and Aulos sound sets and picked those up as well.

https://www.crudebyte.com/isymphonic-orchestra/sounds/#soundsets

• I’ve bought every pack now except the piano pack, which I do not need.

However, it’s lousy to have a hole in the sound collection :smiley:
    My OCD may be winning again...

• edited April 2018

So i‘m not sure if i regret it. It sounds not bad for a small app but it doesn‘t really let you control much about the sound. It‘s all just presets to play and a lot more (maybe very similar) to buy.
    15 IAP would make this a really expensive app :)
    Maybe i better had bought LayR instead.

• @Cib I think it depends on what you are going to use it for. It is literally the best sounding cello on iOS. Hands down. That’s the main reason I bought it. French horns are amazing too. On a budget and for the platform we are using you really can’t do better.

• Maybe it's subjective, but I prefer the solo cello in Miroslav 2. It has more articulations for starters. I don't have time now but maybe later I can post a comparison.

• @richardyot said:
    Maybe it's subjective, but I prefer the solo cello in Miroslav 2. It has more articulations for starters. I don't have time now but maybe later I can post a comparison.

I agree. the solo instruments are really not iSymphonic‘s strength. Miroslav 2 is a much better option for those in most cases.

• @Kühl said:
    I’ve bought every pack now except the piano pack, which I do not need.

I was not too inclined to get the pinao pack either but bought it when it was on sale. I was surprised how nice the piano is — has become one of my favorites on iOS actually

• @richardyot said:
    Maybe it's subjective, but I prefer the solo cello in Miroslav 2. It has more articulations for starters. I don't have time now but maybe later I can post a comparison.

That would be great. While there is lots of stuff about synths there isn´t much to find about orchestra things inside iOS.

• @nick said:

@Kühl said:

I was not too inclined to get the pinao pack either but bought it when it was on sale. I was surprised how nice the piano is — has become one of my favorites on iOS actually

Mmhhh, i always like me some great keys but looks a bit too expensive if that also just a few presets to play with.
    It seems iSymphonic is in general a good sounding tool on iOS and since there aren´t really any good orchestrial things beside the Sample Tank/Miroslav and maybe ThumbJam.
    But since you really can´t do much with the sound itself (but the tuning is nice) it´s mainly just a player with some very similar sounding presets as well.
    So i might give Sample Tank a run but the truth is i really don´t like it since the latest major update and the GUI and workflow was much better before.
    Some apps seems to don´t get better with the next major version. Instead they overcomplicate things which doesn´t go well on my iPhone.

• Oh...and i forgot that the strings in Garage Band might be even my favorite (but also not much editable).

• @Cib here are some quick comparisons:

iSymphonic Solo Cello

Miroslav 2 Cello Sustain

Miroslav 2 Cello Detache

Miroslav 2 Cello Staccatto

Miroslav 2 Cello Spicatto

Also I found a couple of older samples I must have made previously:

Miroslav 2 Cello Sustain

Miroslav 2 Cello Detache

But anyway the main advantage of the Sampletank cello is that it has more articulations, so it's more versatile. I really like the Detache samples, they're very rich sounding.

• @richardyot Thanks for the sample comparison. Must be a preference thing. I'm sold on iSymphonic cello, even though I do appreciate the different articulations in SampleTank. SampleTank sounds tinny to me.

@Cib GarageBand is great for the interface and playability. It's truly great. And the sounds are decent too. But again, it also sounds a bit tinny.

• Don’t forget beathawk.

• @Cib said:

@nick said:

@Kühl said:

Mmhhh, i always like me some great keys but looks a bit too expensive if that also just a few presets to play with.
    It seems iSymphonic is in general a good sounding tool on iOS and since there aren´t really any good orchestrial things beside the Sample Tank/Miroslav and maybe ThumbJam.
    But since you really can´t do much with the sound itself (but the tuning is nice) it´s mainly just a player with some very similar sounding presets as well.
    So i might give Sample Tank a run but the truth is i really don´t like it since the latest major update and the GUI and workflow was much better before.
    Some apps seems to don´t get better with the next major version. Instead they overcomplicate things which doesn´t go well on my iPhone.

I have both the miroslav packets. ISymphonic is way better. And it’s AU.
    But NOTION has really good sounds too. I’ve bought all the extra sounds and the desktop Mac program with its libraries of sound. That’s my best orchestral tip.

• @richardyot said:
    @Cib here are some quick comparisons:

iSymphonic Solo Cello

Miroslav 2 Cello Sustain

Miroslav 2 Cello Detache

Miroslav 2 Cello Staccatto

Miroslav 2 Cello Spicatto

Also I found a couple of older samples I must have made previously:

Miroslav 2 Cello Sustain

Miroslav 2 Cello Detache

But anyway the main advantage of the Sampletank cello is that it has more articulations, so it's more versatile. I really like the Detache samples, they're very rich sounding.

Have you compared it with the Thumbjam samples?