Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[VIDEO] digitakt jam with ruismaker fm and guitar

A 4 bar ruismaker fm loop and 2 heavily processed versions cut up before importing to the digitakt. Love the range of sounds in this app.

Comments

• Great sounds. So you sampled the guitar into the digitakt?

• @syrupcore said:
    Great sounds. So you sampled the guitar into the digitakt?

Thanks. No, i had recorded 4 chords and one bass/walk chord a couple of months ago. I think into auria, forget now and had them hanging out in dropbox until yesterday.

• Thanks. But were they being triggered as samples or in sync in some app off screen?

• That was simply gorgeous sounding. Thanks for sharing. Subscribed <3

• @syrupcore said:
    Thanks. But were they being triggered as samples or in sync in some app off screen?

Oh everything is sampled in the digitakt, nothing happening off screen. Tracks 5 and 6 both are guitar. With a bit of conditional trigereing to make the patterns seems longer and not as repetitive.

• @echoopera said:
    That was simply gorgeous sounding. Thanks for sharing. Subscribed <3

Thanks man. :)

• Nice video and tune, as always.
    I’m severely GASing for a Digitakt...

• @rumorazzi said:
    Nice video and tune, as always.

It’s so great. Easy and sounds great and happy accidents all over the place. I’ve been on the fence whether to trade it for a
    RYtm just because it matches the song mode and method of saving kits etc, exact same method of operation of my analog four. And i want to limit myself to 2 main pieces for portability and immersive feeling. But the digitakt’s screen is a million times better and it’s so quick so not sure. I love the workflow of creating cool loops in the ipad and bringing them into the digitakt to mangle.

• @vpich said:

@syrupcore said:
    Thanks. But were they being triggered as samples or in sync in some app off screen?

Oh everything is sampled in the digitakt, nothing happening off screen. Tracks 5 and 6 both are guitar. With a bit of conditional trigereing to make the patterns seems longer and not as repetitive.

Sweet. Will watch again, armed with this info! Thank you.

@vpich said:

@rumorazzi said:

It’s so great. Easy and sounds great and happy accidents all over the place. I’ve been on the fence whether to trade it for a
    RYtm just because it matches the song mode and method of saving kits etc, exact same method of operation of my analog four. And i want to limit myself to 2 main pieces for portability and immersive feeling. But the digitakt’s screen is a million times better and it’s so quick so not sure. I love the workflow of creating cool loops in the ipad and bringing them into the digitakt to mangle.

I'm considering the same 'get rid of most everything and just use these two' pairing: A4 Keys + Digitakt. Can definitely understand the appeal of Rytm+a4 but the Digitakt just seems like so much fun at half the price. Would love to see what you cook up with the a4 and digitakt in the same video!

• To be honest, I know nothing about that Digitakt stuff, but as far as the music is considered, I loved it. I listened to it 3 times already and going to play it again right now.

• @CracklePot said:
    To be honest, I know nothing about that Digitakt stuff, but as far as the music is considered, I loved it. I listened to it 3 times already and going to play it again right now.

Thanks , glad you like it

• @syrupcore said:
    I'm considering the same 'get rid of most everything and just use these two' pairing: A4 Keys + Digitakt. Can definitely understand the appeal of Rytm+a4 but the Digitakt just seems like so much fun at half the price. Would love to see what you cook up with the a4 and digitakt in the same video!

This one is with both:
    Hadn’t even scratched the surface but sold it today and am going the rytm route. Might be a mistake but need to try it out.

• @vpich said:

@syrupcore said:

This one is with both:
    Hadn’t even scratched the surface but sold it today and am going the rytm route. Might be a mistake but need to try it out.

Great track! I don't know how you did all that, the song progresses even when you're not touching the digitakt.

• @vpich said:

@syrupcore said:

This one is with both:

You ditch the Digitakt? Nooooooo say it ain’t so. The Rytm seems cool...but it doesn’t sequence external gear like the Digitakt or Octatrakt.

If you sold it. I am very disappointed..because you obviously didn’t realize that I would have gladly bought it off you. :'( :p

• @raindro said:

@vpich said:

@syrupcore said:

This one is with both:

Great track! I don't know how you did all that, the song progresses even when you're not touching the digitakt.

Hey thanks. If tou are referring to the video with the two units i am using song mode on the a4 which sends pattern change messages to the digitakt and they both change together. This lets me concentrate more on other things, like highlighting sounds and applying as many agents of change as i can think of. One of the big reasons that i am replacing it eith the rytm is the way that they both implement song mode and kits exactly the same.

• @echoopera said:
    You ditch the Digitakt? Nooooooo say it ain’t so. The Rytm seems cool...but it doesn’t sequence external gear like the Digitakt or Octatrakt.

If you sold it. I am very disappointed..because you obviously didn’t realize that I would have gladly bought it off you. :'( :p

Yeah. I mean both are great. I had actually listed the digitakt where i would make anprofit on the sale since i was on the fence. After i got a good enough offer to consider it i soent several hours watching videos and weighing options. Also sold my apogee one so i have just under enough for a rytm.

In case my thought process helps anyone:
    -rytm doesn’t sample, it requires a computer to send premade samples. I don’t care since i prefer to prepare stuff before anyways.
    -rytm doesn’t display waveforms. Again no care. I am used to using numbers and import sample chains ready to utilize this rhe best way possible.
    -rytm doesn’t do midi. Biggest issue but not using anyways as i am favoring small groups and for sequencing to import to the rytm we all know ipads work fine. And i habe a moog with cv that i moght get around to using.
    -Screen. Way worse on rytm but is identical to a4 and i’ve come to grips with it. Going back and forth sucks because it makes the a4 screen worse.

The rytm pros:
    More performance tricks, scenes etc
    Song mode
    Analog everything, od, filters
    Compressor (after ext in so this will be my master out, routing a4 in)
    Individual outs (sample on pad 4 for example can go out to some wacky fx and routed into a4 which in turn goes back to rytm)
    Internal sounds are great
    Same kit structure which means that as a song progresses there is more unity to the sound, the digitakt zeros back to the new pattern’s settings when changing, so you get abrupt jumps if you are say adjusting the filter on the bass

• edited October 2017

@vpich said:

@echoopera said:

Yeah. I mean both are great. I had actually listed the digitakt where i would make anprofit on the sale since i was on the fence. After i got a good enough offer to consider it i soent several hours watching videos and weighing options. Also sold my apogee one so i have just under enough for a rytm.

In case my thought process helps anyone:
    -rytm doesn’t sample, it requires a computer to send premade samples. I don’t care since i prefer to prepare stuff before anyways.
    -rytm doesn’t display waveforms. Again no care. I am used to using numbers and import sample chains ready to utilize this rhe best way possible.
    -rytm doesn’t do midi. Biggest issue but not using anyways as i am favoring small groups and for sequencing to import to the rytm we all know ipads work fine. And i habe a moog with cv that i moght get around to using.
    -Screen. Way worse on rytm but is identical to a4 and i’ve come to grips with it. Going back and forth sucks because it makes the a4 screen worse.

The rytm pros:
    More performance tricks, scenes etc
    Song mode
    Analog everything, od, filters
    Compressor (after ext in so this will be my master out, routing a4 in)
    Individual outs (sample on pad 4 for example can go out to some wacky fx and routed into a4 which in turn goes back to rytm)
    Internal sounds are great
    Same kit structure which means that as a song progresses there is more unity to the sound, the digitakt zeros back to the new pattern’s settings when changing, so you get abrupt jumps if you are say adjusting the filter on the bass

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts behind the change.

Going back and forth sucks because it makes the a4 screen worse.

Made me laugh because I know I'd feel the same way. Maybe you should have upgraded to an A4mkii instead. :)

• Yeah,
    I want to limit myself too,
    My actual beatmaking setup it’s:
    Op1 > Oto Biscuit > SP-404SX
    (+ iPad as food for samplers and mixer/recorder).

I’m not sure if I need another sampler...but...the Elektron sequencer...well

@vpich said:

@rumorazzi said:

• @vpich said:

@syrupcore said:

This one is with both:

So, six months later... Are you happy with the decision to sell it for the rytm @vpich?

• @syrupcore said:

So, six months later... Are you happy with the decision to sell it for the rytm @vpich?

• @vpich said:

@syrupcore said:

So, six months later... Are you happy with the decision to sell it for

Jesus christ. Just lost like 4 verbose paragraphs. Will rewrite when i get home

• @vpich said:

@vpich said:

@syrupcore said:

ouch. sorry!

• @syrupcore said:

@vpich said:

@vpich said:

@syrupcore said:

ouch. sorry!

In your drafts maybe? Hopefully? https://forum.audiob.us/drafts

• not there :smile:

ok, so as a straight vs battle the rytm destroys the digitakt, way more performance controls, individual outs, etc. if you are wanting to do everything in one box i would prefer the rytm.

here is one i had done, don't know if i posted it here:

in my case however i have 3 elektron boxes and it's too much to keep track of. 3 elektron sequencers are a bit much. am planning to list my rytm mk1 and a4 mk1 and get an a4 mk2. 2 boxes for everything. the octatrack is my favorite though, you can do anything with it ,...super planned preproduction or live looping in and grabbing what you want.

they are all cool though. i could easily do a lot of stuff alone in the rytm, the pads as parameter modifiers are great..

• @syrupcore said:

@vpich said:

@syrupcore said:

This one is with both:

how bout you?

• @vpich said:
    not there :smile:

ok, so as a straight vs battle the rytm destroys the digitakt, way more performance controls, individual outs, etc. if you are wanting to do everything in one box i would prefer the rytm.

in my case however i have 3 elektron boxes and it's too much to keep track of. 3 elektron sequencers are a bit much. am planning to list my rytm mk1 and a4 mk1 and get an a4 mk2. 2 boxes for everything. the octatrack is my favorite though, you can do anything with it ,...super planned preproduction or live looping in and grabbing what you want.

they are all cool though. i could easily do a lot of stuff alone in the rytm, the pads as parameter modifiers are great..

Loved this. I didn't realize you could use the pads that way. Loved the filter effects you were getting. it's the sort of sound that would be very hard to do in any way other than pressure. So, you're happy with the rytm but ditching it. :) I get it.

• @syrupcore said:

@vpich said:
    not there :smile:

Loved this. I didn't realize you could use the pads that way. Loved the filter effects you were getting. it's the sort of sound that would be very hard to do in any way other than pressure. So, you're happy with the rytm but ditching it. :) I get it.

Haha yeah. It’s a sickness. And yes, the pads as modifiers are pretty different from anything else since they are struggling to bounce back the ehole time u touch them, lile a rubbery aftertouch and then u have so many of them. I usually assign fx to the same pad that the sample is on so i can remember what is what but u could have a bunch of pads modifying just one track differently. And u can also use the pads to select scenes where it stays and doesn’t bounce back.

• @vpich you've got me looking at rytms now. My bank account would like to have a word with you.

There's no way I can shell out for an mkII but even at that price, it's pretty astounding what you get. An 8 voice analog synth with per voice outputs, the sequencer and sampling (etc) is actually quite a steal for the asking price.

The notion of being able to alternatively use it as a synth has me seriously considering the mkI. No sampling but it's still an 8 voice analog for considerably less than a grand. Do you know of it natively supports the ability to use several voices on the same midi channel with internal voice allocation per key? Or would you have to use something external to distribute the voices? The analog 4 does this so I'm kind of hopeful.

• @syrupcore said:
    @vpich you've got me looking at rytms now. My bank account would like to have a word with you.

There's no way I can shell out for an mkII but even at that price, it's pretty astounding what you get. An 8 voice analog synth with per voice outputs, the sequencer and sampling (etc) is actually quite a steal for the asking price.

The notion of being able to alternatively use it as a synth has me seriously considering the mkI. No sampling but it's still an 8 voice analog for considerably less than a grand. Do you know of it natively supports the ability to use several voices on the same midi channel with internal voice allocation per key? Or would you have to use something external to distribute the voices? The analog 4 does this so I'm kind of hopeful.

haha, spreading the sickness.. you can have mine for $850 shipped, (like new, no screen burnout, all knobs and pads fully functional, original box and red usb cable, sorry if i'm breaking a forum rule)

but yeah, it is a workhorse, a few of the existing drum synth engines are pretty nice for making synth patches and elektron has a new engine that they are going to be releasing soon giving more possibilities there. apart from importing long loop bars. the sampling issue doesn't bother me because i prefer to sample, cut up-effect samples in the iPad or computer and then using the sds drop for mac it's simply dragging and dropping samples on top of a graphic of the pads, goes right into the selected pad and also saves in global memory.

not sure i understand your question of the voices on midi channel.

• @vpich said:
    not sure i understand your question of the voices on midi channel.

On the A4 you can set it up to be 4 independent 1-voice synths or you can combine the 4 voices into a single sound and it'll work like an (up to) four note poly synth. When you set it up that way, it takes care of the note distribution—just like a normal polyphonic synth. I'm trying to sort out if the RYTM can also do this. Surely its engine for 'synth' sounds isn't as synth focused as the A4 (otherwise, no one would buy an a4!) but if it can covert 4 (or 2 or 8) of its voices into a poly synth without it being a total pain in the ass to set up, that'd be epic.