Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DrumPerfect PRo and MIDI external controllers

Anyone know how to get DrumPerfect PRo to respond to external MIDI?

I've gone to the settings page and selected both my controllers (a keyboard and a pad controller) and neither make a sound when I try and use them in DPP.

The controllers both work fine in SampleTank and DrumJam.

Comments

• Have you got the latest update which fixes a midi-in bug? #justchecking

• If you do have the latest version, it should otherwise be about selecting your controller(s) and then long-press the destination (which probably says DrumPerfect Pro) to get to the midi mappings screen, where you can verify your endpoints.

• Thanks for the response. I can't download the latest version because I'm still on iOS 10.3. For reasons that I can't quite fathom the latest update is iOS11 only, and I'm not ready for that because of Auria Pro and Alchemy!

I will check by long pressing on the DPP destination button though.

• I'm sure it's just some basic noobie error TBH. I can get my controllers working with DrumJam and SampleTank, but I can't get any sound from them in DPP, Funk Drummer, or iSpark. It must be something really basic like MIDI channel or somesuch...

• If they are external midi controllers you’ll need to longpress the correspondingly named coremidi sources in Settings view in order to configure channels and commands. The virtual midi destination named DrumPerfect Pro is meant to be used by other apps.

• OT but maybe of interest: we decided to make the update iOS11 only because the iPad4 (iOS10) does not meet the requirements for DPP anymore. We are currently investigating if we can bring back iOS10 support for users with iPad Air and higher.

• iPad 4 is 32 bit - don't know it is possible to exclude it that way.

• Guys does DPP send out midi in realtime? I tried having it send midi out to Xequence but no joy. All I see in n the midi out in settings of DPP is DPP and no other choices. It does however receive from Xequence.

• @Marinus said:
    OT but maybe of interest: we decided to make the update iOS11 only because the iPad4 (iOS10) does not meet the requirements for DPP anymore. We are currently investigating if we can bring back iOS10 support for users with iPad Air and higher.

I hope you can make the new updates backwards compatible. I'm on a Pro 12.9" but I don't want to upgrade to iOS 11 yet.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Guys does DPP send out midi in realtime? I tried having it send midi out to Xequence but no joy. All I see in n the midi out in settings of DPP is DPP and no other choices. It does however receive from Xequence.

I thought it did, but when I tried just now, I couldn’t get anything to see its virtual port, even MidiFlow, which has never failed me.

Workaround: DPP in AudioBus Midi Input > MidiFlow Adapter in output > Xequence with MF Adapter Out 1 as input source.

• edited September 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Guys does DPP send out midi in realtime? I tried having it send midi out to Xequence but no joy. All I see in n the midi out in settings of DPP is DPP and no other choices. It does however receive from Xequence.

Please have a look at this post:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19346/drumperfect-pro-now-updated-with-midi-out-how-to-start-using-it

Midi out works only in AB3 as midi sender.

• Thanks for the replies - I have it working now. The long-press on the MIDI source and setting the channel is what did it.

• edited October 2017

@Marinus said:
    OT but maybe of interest: we decided to make the update iOS11 only because the iPad4 (iOS10) does not meet the requirements for DPP anymore. We are currently investigating if we can bring back iOS10 support for users with iPad Air and higher.

Hi Marinus, iPad 4 is a 32bit device, so as long as your latest version doesn't have a 32bit code base (which it obviously won't) then iPad 4 users and below won't even see your update AFAIK. This means you don't need the iOS 11 restriction for this purpose, all you need is to release a 64bit-only app, which you will have done anyway.

• @richardyot said:

@Marinus said:

Hi Marinus, iPad 4 is a 32bit device, so as long as your latest version doesn't have a 32bit code base (which it obviously won't) then iPad 4 users and below won't even see your update AFAIK. This means you don't need the iOS 11 restriction for this purpose, all you need is to release a 64bit-only app, which you will have done anyway.

Thanks @richardyot, I wasn't aware of that.

• Is there a Midi Note list for DPP anywhere? I bought the Percussion IAP so I could get Wood Blocks on my MPD218 but can’t seem to get it to sound. I believe I am using #77 but it is not sounding. Is it GM so maybe I should use 76?

• edited August 2018

@slimbeaux: go to Kits view, make woodblock the active instrument, tap Learn, play the MPD218, tap Learn, save the kit. (Assuming midi channel was configured). The Midi-note button can be swiped left in order to set/learn a different note for the right-hand sample group.

• @Gilbert!
    Any news of the next update?
    Samba with brushes will come this time?