Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Out for Troublemaker, Ripplemaker, Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM

1235»

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Yep, the built in sequencers are my favourite bit, but transposing multiple apps at once would be a dream feature for me.

Something like the Brambos equivalent to Fugue Machine? If so, I’d instant buy that.

Definitely. I like FM but it's a bit too random and weird for proper stuff. The sequencers in Ripplemaker and Troublemaker are a joy to use, and I'm loving the MIDI update. Being able to trigger multiple sequences/apps though with a standalone app could be the iOS a go-to sequencer. I've got most of the existing ones, but they're just too fiddly/complicated/time consuming to use.

This is not a request nag though, I'm under no illusions of the amount of work involved - if it's even possible, I'm happily enjoying the MIDI update at the moment!

No no.. this may be a good moment to throw these kinds of ideas around.

• @brambos said:

>

Great news. So are you saying such a fabulous app might be in the very early stages of production!

• @brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Yep, the built in sequencers are my favourite bit, but transposing multiple apps at once would be a dream feature for me.

Something like the Brambos equivalent to Fugue Machine? If so, I’d instant buy that.

Definitely. I like FM but it's a bit too random and weird for proper stuff. The sequencers in Ripplemaker and Troublemaker are a joy to use, and I'm loving the MIDI update. Being able to trigger multiple sequences/apps though with a standalone app could be the iOS a go-to sequencer. I've got most of the existing ones, but they're just too fiddly/complicated/time consuming to use.

This is not a request nag though, I'm under no illusions of the amount of work involved - if it's even possible, I'm happily enjoying the MIDI update at the moment!

Can I plead for the option to treat tied notes as one long note? To me, it's the one big limitation of your current best-in-class sequencers.

If I was getting greedy while contemplating a brambos multi sequencer app, I think a quick way to load saved versions of sequences on the fly using a MIDI hardware controller would be amazing. The mutation and randomization features are truly secret sauce in the current apps, but there are times when I want to return to the original sequence or one variation at a specific point in a live jam. Not a full fledged clip launcher but just a small bank of saved sequences that are easily recalled and cued.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Can I plead for the option to treat tied notes as one long note?

In MIDI terms, what would that look like? Keeping the first note going until all tied notes have been released?

• edited October 2017

@brambos said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Can I plead for the option to treat tied notes as one long note?

In MIDI terms, what would that look like? Keeping the first note going until all tied notes have been released?

Yep!

Don't know if you are familiar with Xynthesizer but the sequencer has this as a toggle switch for all notes of the same value. Handy way to make whole notes.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    >

If I was getting greedy while contemplating a brambos multi sequencer app, I think a quick way to load saved versions of sequences on the fly using a MIDI hardware controller would be amazing. The mutation and randomization features are truly secret sauce in the current apps, but there are times when I want to return to the original sequence or one variation at a specific point in a live jam. Not a full fledged clip launcher but just a small bank of saved sequences that are easily recalled and cued.

+1 even just an undo, to return to the previous sequence would be great.

• My commute was in “missed stop” territory today thanks to noodling with these. Had ‘em driving all sorts, not a dropped beat.

I don’t mind on the way into work but I protest on the way home. ;)

• I think there was a request before and possibly it's what @MonzoPro is asking (what @supadom is possibly thinking). Some way to trigger different saved sequences. I was thinking program change but anything to get the job done. I was thinking we could name sequence files programchange1, programchange2 etc and the program change midi command would load up the next sequence.
    Im sure there is a prettier way if doing it though.

• Oh, if it’s request time... :smile: I would like a ‘copy steps’ function so you could copy your 8 and tweak, copy 8 and tweak, all the way up to 64.

• edited October 2017

For those with midifire and a circuit...this script in the stream byter will allow using the top 4 lanes of ruismaker and /or ruismaker fm to sequence the 4 Drum lanes on circuit.

This script could be modified for using ruis’ with any drum app, just change the note numbers accordingly

IF M0 >= 90
      IF M0 <= 9F
        # we have a note on
        IF M1 == 31 # lane 1
          ASS M1 = 3C
        END
        IF M1 == 33 # lane 2
          ASS M1 = 3E
        END
        IF M1 == 36 # lane 3
          ASS M1 = 40
        END
        IF M1 == 38 # lane 4
          ASS M1 = 41
        END
      END
    END
    IF M0 >= 80
      IF M0 <= 8F
        # we have a note off
        IF M1 == 31 # lane 1
          ASS M1 = 3C
        END
        IF M1 == 33 # lane 2
          ASS M1 = 3E
        END
        IF M1 == 36 # lane 3
          ASS M1 = 40
        END
        IF M1 == 38 # lane 4
          ASS M1 = 41
        END
      END
    END

• And this script is to use ruismaker with the first 8 lanes of Groovebox’s drum box

IF M0 >= 90
      IF M0 <= 9F
        # we have a note 
        IF M1 == 31
          ASS M1 = 24
        END
        IF M1 == 33
          ASS M1 = 25
        END
        IF M1 == 36
          ASS M1 = 26
        END
        IF M1 == 38
          ASS M1 = 27
        END
        IF M1 == 3A
          ASS M1 = 28
        END
        IF M1 == 3D
          ASS M1 = 29
        END
        IF M1 == 3F
          ASS M1 = 2A
        END
        IF M1 == 42
          ASS M1 = 2B
        END

END
    END

IF M0 >= 80
      IF M0 <= 8F
        # we have a note 
        IF M1 == 31
          ASS M1 = 24
        END
        IF M1 == 33
          ASS M1 = 25
        END
        IF M1 == 36
          ASS M1 = 26
        END
        IF M1 == 38
          ASS M1 = 27
        END
        IF M1 == 3A
          ASS M1 = 28
        END
        IF M1 == 3D
          ASS M1 = 29
        END
        IF M1 == 3F
          ASS M1 = 2A
        END
        IF M1 == 42
          ASS M1 = 2B
        END

END
    END

• @brambos said:

@Mayo said:
    I really wish these apps had timing nudge adjustment.
    I do easily get bored with everything being stuck on a grid - its so unnatural / stiff /mathematical = no groove ....

Well, they're Audio Units first and foremost. If you need advanced timing features and high PPQ precision nudging that's a job that's perfect for a DAW. The standalone apps are simple by design, but you could always use their MIDI file export as a starting point for all sorts of groove quantizations in your sequencer of choice B)

Now you can even skip the MIDI file import/export and simply record it directly to your DAW's timeline. Found that this is great for capturing and weeding out all of the cool permutations that arise. Slice it to measures in your DAW, loop the good ones, delete the bad ones. <3 these little sequencers.

• +1 for sequence changing :)

• Snapshots! Pretty please!

• Hello everybody!
    I have been reading post on this forum for a long time now.
    And I must that this a very nice forum.
    I must tell that i tried Ruismaker midi out to Korg Volca Beats, that worked with GM mapping on.

• For those who want to send Midi from these gorgeous sequencers Brambos built to their Korg Volca Beats, you will find here the notes for remapping via midiflow.
    Thanks Brambos, it's the perfect pair !
    Looking forward the coming updates
    Cheers!
    Johnba

• @brambos There is a bug with the GM key button and elastic drums It changes the pattern selector in ED

• @Cristus said:
    @brambos There is a bug with the GM key button and elastic drums It changes the pattern selector in ED

I'm not sure how that is possible as the GM key does not send out any MIDI or other signal event that can be picked up by another app. It just starts sending out different MIDI notes for the drums; perhaps ED uses midi notes for changing patterns (I'm not overly familiar with ED)?

• I don't know either But Ruismaker FM works great for driving ED and no need to toggle the GM key, so all is OK Thanks for your response

• @Cristus said:
    I don't know either But Ruismaker FM works great for driving ED and no need to toggle the GM key, so all is OK Thanks for your response

I'm intrigued nonetheless. I'll see if I can figure out what's happening, because apps aren't supposed to be able to affect each other like this. I suspect ED can listen to MIDI notes for changing channels.

• @brambos said:

@Cristus said:
    I don't know either But Ruismaker FM works great for driving ED and no need to toggle the GM key, so all is OK Thanks for your response

I'm intrigued nonetheless. I'll see if I can figure out what's happening, because apps aren't supposed to be able to affect each other like this. I suspect ED can listen to MIDI notes for changing channels.

Your suspicion is correct.

• @syrupcore said:

@brambos said:

@Cristus said:

Your suspicion is correct.

Right, that clears up that mystery then :)

• Multiple outs now supported in Ruismaker.