Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
MIDI Out for Troublemaker, Ripplemaker, Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM
Ok, this one turned out to be a little trickier than expected, but all four are almost ready to go...
All my standalone sequencers are now getting CoreMIDI Output:
- Note out (with selectable output channel, obviously)
- MIDI Master Clock, with Start/Stop commands*
- Link to Midi Clock Output bridging
- MIDI Thru (soft thru: merge all MIDI IN with MIDI OUT)
- All new features also included in Audiobus 3 MIDI implementation
When the apps are set to send MIDI Clock and to listen to MIDI Start/Stop they will automatically respond to each other's Start/Stop commands. Even with Link enabled!
- accuracy of MIDI clock output is determined by the limitations of the protocol and the implementation of CoreMidi timestamping. On my end the clock messages are sample-accurate, but iOS' internal CoreMIDI buffering may introduce slight timing jitter, so it's no substitute for a solid hardware MIDI clock. Still, should be plenty good enough for some fun jam sessions and light recording duty.