Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Found Another Great Use for AUM: Syncing TE Pocket Operators with iOS Apps Using Only An Audio Cable

This method will work any Ableton Link and IAA-enabled app and essentially uses AUM to mimic how two Pocket Operators handle audio sync & pass thru. AUM is great and well worth the $ IMO, but anyone know of any other apps that can do the same thing for cheaper?

Comments

• Thanks for the video. never thought of doing this. after some experimentation iv found the click recordings to be less than accurate. Using Korg Sync Kontrol for the click and aum to route the audio of your apps works alot better in my opinion.

• edited September 2017

@ozmot said:
    Thanks for the video. never thought of doing this. after some experimentation iv found the click recordings to be less than accurate. Using Korg Sync Kontrol for the click and aum to route the audio of your apps works alot better in my opinion.

Thanks for watching! I've found that adjusting the volume of the click track can help if the Pocket Operator isn't staying synced - you kinda have to find that sweet spot. The Korg Sync Kontrol (Kontrol with a "K"? Really Korg?) is super helpful for syncing these kind of devices, but to my knowledge you can't use the Sync Kontrol app to sync external gear and use iOS music apps on that same device... The Sync Kontrol app will output the sync noise on both channels, there's no way to isolate it to the left channel. You would need an extra iOS device and Wifi, and on the train I have neither.

• Thank you for that great tip, pink-sky !

• edited September 2017

Does the click from modstep work like this? I remember it used to be really loud, and kind of a pop, like it was a single cycle meant to be used as an electronic pulse, to clock analog stuff.

I imagine the little synths that takes pulses, are looking for the single cycle, short, loud, and clean. The more complex, and longer, the metronome sound is, it seems like it might be more likely for one sound to false trigger the synths clock input multiple times.