Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I'm happier about being able to dim the pads :)

• all these sweet updates by Novation for the Circuit and nada from Korg for the Electribe 2. and for sure Korg's been making big money on this device. i got mine over 2.5yrs ago and it's model number 01096. how much of a dent in their profits would it cause to pay a dev for a couple of new feature like microsteps or something like amount level for master effect. i'm not uninstalling gadget in protest!

• Light dim , panning ? Nice , I sold my circuit last week :/

• can the Circuit control the launchpad app?

• Panning and Microsteps for the drums...awesome :)

• @kobamoto said:
    can the Circuit control the launchpad app?

I run them side by side a lot with no crosstalk from the pads so I guess not :|

• @AndyPlankton said:

@kobamoto said:
    can the Circuit control the launchpad app?

I run them side by side a lot with no crosstalk from the pads so I guess not :|

• @mrcanister said:
    all these sweet updates by Novation for the Circuit and nada from Korg for the Electribe 2. and for sure Korg's been making big money on this device. i got mine over 2.5yrs ago and it's model number 01096. how much of a dent in their profits would it cause to pay a dev for a couple of new feature like microsteps or something like amount level for master effect. i'm not uninstalling gadget in protest!

Also note that the Circuit is nowadays a lot cheaper than Korg Electribe Sampler
    Although I like Korg hardware synth stuff the guys from Novation understand that updating software is the real key to succesful hardware devices. The Circuit at the beginning was quite a limited groovebox but through updates it is becoming better and better. Only point of annoyance is that you have to login with FB or Google to upload sample into the machine.

• @mannix said:

@mrcanister said:
    all these sweet updates by Novation for the Circuit and nada from Korg for the Electribe 2. and for sure Korg's been making big money on this device. i got mine over 2.5yrs ago and it's model number 01096. how much of a dent in their profits would it cause to pay a dev for a couple of new feature like microsteps or something like amount level for master effect. i'm not uninstalling gadget in protest!

Also note that the Circuit is nowadays a lot cheaper than Korg Electribe Sampler
    Although I like Korg hardware synth stuff the guys from Novation understand that updating software is the real key to succesful hardware devices. The Circuit at the beginning was quite a limited groovebox but through updates it is becoming better and better. Only point of annoyance is that you have to login with FB or Google to upload sample into the machine.

You don't have to do that anymore.

https://global.novationmusic.com/components/home

Look for the 'Components Standalone' option.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@mannix said:

@mrcanister said:

You don't have to do that anymore.

https://global.novationmusic.com/components/home

Look for the 'Components Standalone' option.

thanks!

• @mannix
    yeah, the circuit's development seems to have been more incremental, where as the electribe's had a few updates more to fix stuff, notably the hack. there was a petition which reached around 800 sigs and all they gave was a half-arsed pattern chain! take the money and run or give a little back?? i know who i'd be happier working for.
    i still like and play my electribe a lot tho.
    i'd like to have a spin on circuit too

• Missed this on the initial reading...it will now also send Program Change when selecting synth patches, very useful when using it to sequence external gear....this can be turned on/off in the settings page.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Missed this on the initial reading...it will now also send Program Change when selecting synth patches, very useful when using it to sequence external gear....this can be turned on/off in the settings page.

I would love it if it could send and recieve 'shift+Session' change. I get my happiest results when rapidly jumping between sessions, with all the skipping, glitching and artifacts.

• edited September 2017

@AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Missed this on the initial reading...it will now also send Program Change when selecting synth patches, very useful when using it to sequence external gear....this can be turned on/off in the settings page.

I would love it if it could send and recieve 'shift+Session' change. I get my happiest results when rapidly jumping between sessions, with all the skipping, glitching and artifacts.

True that, I wish I could just record the midi out for the control I was inputting and record it into a midi track....not the played notes, but my entered commands (pad presses etc...)
    Same goes for when playing the drums in pad mode (sample switch mode), wish i could record that too.

I think some stuff happens on Channel 16 for this but not delved into if everything is included....

EDIT :
    From the MIDI Implementation chart
    Program Change 0-31 on Channel 16 - Instant Session Switch - not sure if this sent as well as received.

• edited September 2017

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

True that, I wish I could just record the midi out for the control I was inputting and record it into a midi track....not the played notes, but my entered commands (pad presses etc...)
    Same goes for when playing the drums in pad mode (sample switch mode), wish i could record that too.

I think some stuff happens on Channel 16 for this but not delved into if everything is included....

EDIT :
    Program Change 0-31 on Channel 16 - Instant Session Switch - not sure if this sent as well as received.

It is received but was not sent in the previous update (maybe this one but I am doubtful/hopeful)... I have tried to emulate it as best I could in a sequencer but you know those magic lizard brain, muscle memory happy accident moments that you just can't sequence and emulate. Maybe it just feels more magic because my fingers were involved but I have recorded the output and was happy with the sound in playback but wishing I could edit the results... hmmmm, now with panning though.... ...seperate outputs on the synths at least. Ack! This is a distraction from my BM3 progress, so best I forget such ideas... :)

• @AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

EDIT :

It is received but was not sent in the previous update (maybe this one but I am doubtful/hopeful)... I have tried to emulate it as best I could in a sequencer but you know those magic lizard brain, muscle memory happy accident moments that you just can't sequence and emulate. Maybe it just feels more magic because my fingers were involved but I have recorded the output and was happy with the sound in playback but wishing I could edit the results... hmmmm, now with panning though.... ...seperate outputs on the synths at least. Ack! This is a distraction from my BM3 progress, so best I forget such ideas... :)

hehehe Just when you thought the water was calm :)

• edited September 2017

Anyone selling a Circuit? :#

I've owned 3 of these things, every time I sell it Novation adds an update that makes it an even better value, and it was already a nice bit of kit for the money on release. Panning has been on my wish list since I owned the first one!

• edited September 2017

Quick test on the Panning.

Unfortunately, the automation is not recorded.

1.7?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

From the firmware update site

Program Change Setting
    Selecting Synth patches and Sessions now sends Program Change messages. These can be turned off using the newly added magenta pads on the Settings page (hold Shift when you power on)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

From the firmware update site

Program Change Setting
    Selecting Synth patches and Sessions now sends Program Change messages. These can be turned off using the newly added magenta pads on the Settings page (hold Shift when you power on)

O_o

Well... ...

sigh

'thanks' ;)

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Quick test on the Panning.

Unfortunately, the automation is not recorded.

1.7?

what!!...C'mon maaaaaan

• circuit doesn't have aftertouch right?

• No, no aftertouch.

• got rid of mine a while back but I'm thinking about getting another one, and selling my launchpad pro instead. I think they've got the same scales function if I'm not mistaken but I like the after touch on the L-Pro

• Odd. I don't use mine a lot (so far), but can't imagine getting rid of it. It's reassuring somehow :) Especially with updates like this (but, yeah, recording the panning movement would be good...)

• @kobamoto said:
    got rid of mine a while back but I'm thinking about getting another one, and selling my launchpad pro instead. I think they've got the same scales function if I'm not mistaken but I like the after touch on the L-Pro

^ beatbox junkie

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Odd. I don't use mine a lot (so far), but can't imagine getting rid of it. It's reassuring somehow :) Especially with updates like this (but, yeah, recording the panning movement would be good...)

^ not a beatbox junkie.

Not really odd at all. :)

• Can any of you old pros chime in on how long the firmware update took? Been hooked up to the machine (Nurse) for 40 minutes with the pop up message 'Updating Firmware. This may take some time.' Normal?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Can any of you old pros chime in on how long the firmware update took? Been hooked up to the machine (Nurse) for 40 minutes with the pop up message 'Updating Firmware. This may take some time.' Normal?

Doh! Should only be three minutes at most I think. :/

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Can any of you old pros chime in on how long the firmware update took? Been hooked up to the machine (Nurse) for 40 minutes with the pop up message 'Updating Firmware. This may take some time.' Normal?

Doh! Should only be three minutes at most I think. :/

Thank you Mister Gus. I shall search out the ball-peen....