Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soundfruuze experimental sampler/looped/granular thingy

Comments

• @skiphunt great, thanks!!
    @DCJ yes, i've almost finished the first update that also includes the snap fixed for loop points. Will test and submit very soon.

• No background audio? Start it up in AUM or Audiobus, feeding it some sound with AudioShare in ether one, when you go back to AUM or Audiobus, soundfruuze just hangs on the last sound producing a constant buzz.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    No background audio? Start it up in AUM or Audiobus, feeding it some sound with AudioShare in ether one, when you go back to AUM or Audiobus, soundfruuze just hangs on the last sound producing a constant buzz.

Same here.

• @JudgeDredd @DCJ i expect to fix that issue with new update - submitting it tonight + might take some time for review

• @njazzz said:
    @JudgeDredd @DCJ i expect to fix that issue with new update - submitting it tonight + might take some time for review

That is awsome, thank you.

• meanwhile another short tutorial video about all features in v1.0:
    https://www.facebook.com/soundfruuze/videos/118669012151637/

"the return of the annoying drum loop" :)
    not a best musical experience at some point but gives some impression about the algorithm

• @JudgeDredd @DCJ the update is live, please report if that fixed the issue with AB/IAA or the problem is still there
    Thanks!

• @njazzz said:
    @JudgeDredd @DCJ the update is live, please report if that fixed the issue with AB/IAA or the problem is still there
    Thanks!

Update not showing up yet. Looking forward to it though!

• Will do as soon as it shows up for me in the App Store. I keep refreshing but its not showing up yet. But thank you for the quick response, now I can hardly wait..... come on App Store......

Promise to get back as soon as I try it.

• And Boom goes the dynamite! It is fixed. Thank you so much for the fix so quickly!

• @njazzz This app is one you can spend hours with and still not scratch the surface of what it’s capable of. Absolutely Brilliant

• great!! thanks!

• @JudgeDredd said:
    @njazzz This app is one you can spend hours with and still not scratch the surface of what it’s capable of. Absolutely Brilliant

Been looking at videos. With the loopers, can you adjust the speed continuously and not just a beat division? I'm looking for a granular effect that will allow me to change the pitch and speed separately and not to a predefined tempo.

thanks!

• @gkillmaster yes, i was thinking about independent pitch/speed control but it's not there yet. i expect to add that later
    for now, you can change the speed of grain playback without grid so it will not be in sync with tempo

• @njazzz said:
    @gkillmaster yes, i was thinking about independent pitch/speed control but it's not there yet. i expect to add that later
    for now, you can change the speed of grain playback without grid so it will not be in sync with tempo

thanks for the answer!

• Hello!

Just updated the app to v1.1, it now can work as an AudioUnit v3 effect
    Please report any compatybility issues
    Thanks

• edited October 2017

Can not get it to open as an AU in AUM, doesn't fault just sits there with the spinning blue thing. Working fine in AB3 though.

Also, Thank you for the update!

• Ok, thanks for the report! I'll have to check that!
    Could you please tell me the iOS version / iPad model?
    Tested in Cubasis, AB3 and Studiomux

And anyway there are yet some limitations - doesn't scale the sample rate (but sort of works with different rates) and doesn't store parameter values - i expect to add that later.

• @njazzz said:
    Ok, thanks for the report! I'll have to check that!
    Could you please tell me the iOS version / iPad model?
    Tested in Cubasis, AB3 and Studiomux

And anyway there are yet some limitations - doesn't scale the sample rate (but sort of works with different rates) and doesn't store parameter values - i expect to add that later.

I have it on a Air 2 on IOS 11.0.2. I know that AUM just updated so the problem might be there. I am downloading 11.0.3 right now to see if that helps, I doubt it but I got nothing else going on right now. LOL

I did try AUM with another effect (Eos 2) and it worked ok.

Thanks.

• thanks for the info!
    I will check that. probably will try to get more reports to understand what might be the reason for that. I'll post here with updates.

• Oh wow didn't see AU coming. Amazing! I get the same loading issue in AUM. Also, I had steam A paused and switched to B but didn't end up recording anything. When I switched back to A, the waveform was gone, but the sound still worked. Minor bug.

I'm on iPad 9.7 iOS 10.3.3

Stoked that's is AU!

• edited October 2017

@njazzz Cool that it's now AU, but not loading in AUM for me either. Also tried BM3 and it crashes all audio and have to restart BM3 altogether.

Running 10.5, iOS11.0.3, latest AUM and BM3 updates.

• @njazzz same problem. Cannot load AU in AUM. iPad Pro 10.5 on iOS 11.0.3

• Same here latest ios 10 ipad air 1 in aum.

• @paradiddle @gusgranite @skiphunt thanks for report and sorry for that. I expect to get crash logs to see what's causing that.
    Looks like it's not working in BM3 and AUM. Tested and works in Cubasis, AB3 and Studiomux. I'll add that to the update description until there is a fix.

@DCJ thanks for the report, will also test that

• edited October 2017

@njazzz said:
    @paradiddle @gusgranite @skiphunt thanks for report and sorry for that. I expect to get crash logs to see what's causing that.
    Looks like it's not working in BM3 and AUM. Tested and works in Cubasis, AB3 and Studiomux. I'll add that to the update description until there is a fix.

@DCJ thanks for the report, will also test that

Add.. it also completely locks up and crashes latest install of Auria Pro too.

EDIT: Just tried Modstep as AU effect... crashes Modstep and totally locks up the screen.

• ok, sorry again! looks like my choice for test hosts was too "optimistic" and too compatible.
    will post later as i solve that.
    anyway, there are some improvements in app in standalone mode, welcome check it out while i'm fixing the AU - the 'scratch' lane now has proper 'smooth' control and "fft scrub/freeze" lanes have FFT freeze algorithm with phase randomization.

• edited October 2017

@njazzz said:
    ok, sorry again! looks like my choice for test hosts was too "optimistic" and too compatible.
    will post later as i solve that.
    anyway, there are some improvements in app in standalone mode, welcome check it out while i'm fixing the AU - the 'scratch' lane now has proper 'smooth' control and "fft scrub/freeze" lanes have FFT freeze algorithm with phase randomization.

No worries! It's cool you're taking it to AU. Interesting app for sure. No regrets :)

ps. Would be spectacular if the controls are exposed for automation in BM3 once you get it working correctly.

• @njazzz It's all good. I always let know devs about stuff that goes wrong! nothing life wrecking! :)

• @paradiddle @skiphunt just released a new update - it fixes compatibility with some AU hosts and fixes one possible crash
    please report how does that work in your setup

special note: as a precaution measure, please consider removing all soundfruuze's AudioUnit instances from your project and re-adding back after the update. Though that problem may appear randomly and only in a very few number of AU hosts.

@skiphunt not yet expecting to add the AU automation very soon, sorry. my plans for the next major app updates are some sound improvements (probably 3 new lane types and effects) and automation in standalone.