Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DrumPerfect Pro v2.2 upcoming update for iOS 11, with a brand new mixer.

Hi, DPP is now working fine with iOS 11 and will be submitted for review very soon. Please note that this update will only work on iPad Air and newer.

We added some new functionality here and there but the "main course" is a brand new mixer for the 16 instruments. It has been requested some time ago, so here it is.
Here is a screenshot. As you see it is a quite complex addition, yet it will acquire more functionality/refinements in future updates.
No hard learning curve despite the many controls. Anyway, a new page with instructions is provided in the Quick Start.
The main idea is ( in conjunction with the kit view ) to tweak each kit instrument to your taste, applying various FXs, and then save it as a new kit. Thus many derived kits from the same raw kit can be made, saved, and even used in the same song.

The second addition is a "Render" button ( in the kit view ), which can automatically provide, for each instrument, 16 samples variations from just 1 or 2 original samples. It was first conceived as an experimental feature for our own usage, but later decided to share it with you in this new version.

Listening carefully to your feedback. Hope you like it.

Comments

• Made my day.

• Speechless. DPP is already amazing and it just keeps getting better. It begins to make me wish there were better ways to charge for updates.

• @wim said:
    Speechless. DPP is already amazing and it just keeps getting better. It begins to make me wish there were better ways to charge for updates.

More drum IAPs? I would be happy to buy new sounds. Arabic, flamenco, dub reggae, soul jazz, detailed percussion, Motown/Stax style, etc.

• @gusgranite said:

@wim said:
    Speechless. DPP is already amazing and it just keeps getting better. It begins to make me wish there were better ways to charge for updates.

More drum IAPs? I would be happy to buy new sounds. Arabic, flamenco, dub reggae, soul jazz, detailed percussion, Motown/Stax style, etc.

Yup.

• This looks awesome!

• Keen to try this Render feature. Good work!

• Thx man! +1 for my favorite app!

• Very nice indeed!

• This looks amazing. Just bought DPP a couple weeks ago and this is an enormous update. Can't wait!

• @Gilbert said:
    Hi, DPP is now working fine with iOS 11 and will be submitted for review very soon. Please note that this update will only work on iPad Air and newer.

We added some new functionality here and there but the "main course" is a brand new mixer for the 16 instruments. It has been requested some time ago, so here it is.
    Here is a screenshot. As you see it is a quite complex addition, yet it will acquire more functionality/refinements in future updates.
    No hard learning curve despite the many controls. Anyway, a new page with instructions is provided in the Quick Start.
    The main idea is ( in conjunction with the kit view ) to tweak each kit instrument to your taste, applying various FXs, and then save it as a new kit. Thus many derived kits from the same raw kit can be made, saved, and even used in the same song.

The second addition is a "Render" button ( in the kit view ), which can automatically provide, for each instrument, 16 samples variations from just 1 or 2 original samples. It was first conceived as an experimental feature for our own usage, but later decided to share it with you in this new version.

Listening carefully to your feedback. Hope you like it.

Wow! WOW! My dreams came true!

• @Gilbert: thanks for a great update with the mixer! Now I can confirm that DPP as IAA works in Beatmaker 3 again.

Regarding the "Render" function - do you have any documentation/manual on this? When I tried it, DPP crashed. I am using a 9.7 inch iPad Pro and IOS 11.

• edited September 2017

@gosnote said:
    @Gilbert: thanks for a great update with the mixer! Now I can confirm that DPP as IAA works in Beatmaker 3 again.

Good!

Regarding the "Render" function - do you have any documentation/manual on this? When I tried it, DPP crashed. I am using a 9.7 inch iPad Pro and IOS 11.

It's very simple to use. Can you open the Quick Start ( press DPP icon ) and open at Kit View 1page which has been updated. You'll see some instructions on the Render button.

• @gosnote said:
    @Gilbert: thanks for a great update with the mixer! Now I can confirm that DPP as IAA works in Beatmaker 3 again.

@gosnote: you mentioned a crash in the render process. Could you pls send me the order of actions to reproduce that?

• @Gilbert: I get a crash simply by the doing the following:

1) import sample to high left sample slot one (new empty kit)
    2) tap render (changes to “loading”)
    3) app crashes

• @Gilbert - one more question:

Since I’m using DPP mainly as a sound module, triggering the kit from BM3, one key thing is missing when playing the kit: choke for closed/open hi hats. I know the choke feature exists when programming in the DPP app, but would it be possible to implement it when triggering the app via external midi?

• @gosnote: does that happen with any sample or a particular sample? In the latter case, would you mind sharing the sample? Could you perhaps send me a crashlog (under Settings->Privacy->Analysis)? (marinus_at_drumperfect_dot_nl)

• Hi @Marinus, the crash seems to happen so far with several of my own samples, regardless of bit depth, mono/stereo,...
    Rendering did work with a hi hat sample from DPPs own library.
    I am sending you the latest crash report.

• @gosnote said:
    @Gilbert - one more question:

Since I’m using DPP mainly as a sound module, triggering the kit from BM3, one key thing is missing when playing the kit: choke for closed/open hi hats. I know the choke feature exists when programming in the DPP app, but would it be possible to implement it when triggering the app via external midi?

?

If you have the kit set up properly then the choking happens whether it's triggered externally or internally, doesn't it?

• I love dpp. It’s just keeps getting better and better. I’d love to see a punk rock/alternative kit. Or some drum patterns similar to the band “tool”!

• edited September 2017

@Gilbert said:
    Thus many derived kits from the same raw kit can be made, saved, and even used in the same song.

Cool, you made it into an ik multimedia app! ;)

I kid, I kid.

• @Marinus -

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for making the mixer backwards compatible for iOS 10.3. I was bummed when I saw this was only for iOS 11 as I don't have any plans to upgrade for at least another few months. This was functionality I was desperately needing with this.

You're the man - thanks for supporting those of us that aren't quite on the bleeding edge.

• Oh Hallelujaaaaaaa
    It is back for iOS 10!!!

Thank you very very much!!!!!

• @Marinus thanks for making this upgrade available to us 10.3 holdouts. It's super-useful for me as I'm building my first custom kit and the Render button is a huge timesaver.

• Enjoying the update and the mixer. I am using DPP as a sound module, sending midi to it from BM3.

As I am increasingly doing everything within the DAW of choice by using AUv3 plugins, I can't help but ask do you @Marinus have any plans to look into DPP as an AUv3 (is it realistic)? At the moment I don't know of any other AUv3 multisampled acoustic drums other than the Beathawk Acoustic Drums expansion. DPP as a stripped down AUv3 drum module would be just amazing...

• @gosnote said:
    Enjoying the update and the mixer. I am using DPP as a sound module, sending midi to it from BM3.

As I am increasingly doing everything within the DAW of choice by using AUv3 plugins, I can't help but ask do you @Marinus have any plans to look into DPP as an AUv3 (is it realistic)? At the moment I don't know of any other AUv3 multisampled acoustic drums other than the Beathawk Acoustic Drums expansion. DPP as a stripped down AUv3 drum module would be just amazing...

Bm3 could do that in the box. You can build your own multisampled, velocity layered bank. Roundrobin will be there at a certain point.
    But I’m one of those who in regard of DPP sees the most value in the sequencer rather than the round robin sample playback.

• Need a tutorial on how to record DDP Multiple channels in BM3.