Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How can I remap midi notes for Drumstudio

edited September 2013 in General App Discussion

Either in the DrumStudio app or not. The midi I have is GS and Drumstudio is GM. For instance the kick maps to B0 and needs to be C1 for DS to play it correctly. Also cymbals, etc. I am playing from Cubasis out to DS on channel 10.

I have MidiBridge and tried to use the note changer module. But I don't believe that I have the ins/outs set up correctly and the Note Changer module starts at C2=0, doesn't go as low as I would need.

Any ideas from you guys? Maybe I can do a mass rewrite from inside of Cubasis instead of changing each individual note?

Thanks.

Comments

• Try using the Stream Byter module instead

• MB may label C2 as 0, but in actuality pay attention oly to the note number - it does indeed go as low as you need, there is no note number less than 0. Use something like MidiView or MidiMonitor to identify what your note numbers need to be and go by that, not by note names.

• btw, MB is marking note number 0 as note name C-2. that is, C minus 2. The - is significant, not just a letter separator.

• I think that I must have the I/O mapping or load order mixed up.

I load audiobus. Select DS as the input, wake it up. Select Cubasis as the output, wake it up. I route the midi out to my drum track, loaded in Cubasis, to DS Channel 10. Play. DS works and plays as an instrument. Then I go into MB, select DS as the Input and route it to Cubasis as the output. Then I activate the note mapping module of DS (and/or Cubasis, I've tried both) and remap B-2 to C-1. No dice.

While I play the midi from Cubasis, if I go out to MB I see activity on CoreMIDI Net and MidiBridge inputs. I have tried to route my midi out inside of Cubasis to MB and the set the routing inside MB from MB as the input, DS as the output. I get DS to play this way provided that MB is routed as such. But the Note Mapping module still does not do its job.

Can you provide some insight here? Thank you.

• Ok the activity on CoreMIDI Net and MB is midi clock. If I turn it off, set Cubasis to route to MB and hook up MB and DS it plays. But still no remap.

• I don't have DS so I cannot try out your setup here. But it sounds like you may have too many onnections. Make sureCubasis dos not have either DS or MB enabled for Input, and similarly make sure DS does not have either Cuabasis or MB enabled as Outputs. For the mapping to work, MB must be the only place where connections are made.

So after writing the above, I fired up Cubasis to see where the connection configuration is. If I am missing something, please correct me, but as far as I can see Cubasis has no MIDI in or out connection control, it is based solely on MIDI channel. This is bad. In particular, it means it is hearing DS directly, so whatever you do with MB will be ignored. Which also begs the question: exactly how did you "set Cubasis to route to MB and hookup MB and DS and it plays" - screen shots of MB and the DS and Cubasis configuration screens where you did that would help me understand.

• You can set the port. Virtual or Network Session or, in this case, MIDI Bridge.

• Aha, my bad, it's in the Routing section of a MIDI track. So, set In to Virtual MIDI, not MB. The connection is then made in MB from DS to Cubasis. I do this from QuNeo to Nanostudio to get the pads in Patch 16 mapped to play the drums.

Some apps won't see their VM input this way. In which case, set their ins to MB and connect in MB from DS to MB, not to Cubasis.

I have to go eat now or I'd try it out.

• No, nothing. I think it's some weirdness with Cubasis. If I play the midi using the AM Rock Kit all drums play. If I open the midi with DS all drums play. It's only when I send my midi out routing inside Cubasis to DS that drums are missed. Notably the kick bass drum. If I open that channel in Cubasis's midi editor it shows the kick at B-2 but plays it at C-1.

I tried the routing tips you gave but no luck.