Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB3/IAA Connection Glitch

I am running a very simple setup. MIDI keyboard transmits on channel 1 to AB3. AB3 takes the signal, slits the keyboard with MidiFlow Splitter and sends the midi via Midiflow adapter to two applications (Korg iM1 on channel 10, and Korg Module on channel 11).

Everything works pretty much. I have a number of different setups similar to the above; usually a split sending to two instruments. Sometimes I use Neo Soul Studio AU as one of the instruments (receiving on channel 12). I have saved setups for each configuration in AB3.

I always start all of the programs before I go into AB3. But even though I do a "clear session" before loading each new preset/configuration, sometimes no sound comes out. But if I go to the two individual apps and play a few notes in the app or with a keyboard and then go back to AB3 then everything works fine.

I am trying to reach a point where the setup and procedures I use are simple and I could play this setup live without to much futzing around. I want everything to "just work".

Should I need to "clear session" before every preset load or just once before I start using the program?

I am running on an iPad mini 4 with iOS 10.3.3. Is there any change that I could make to overall make things more reliable/solid?

Thanks in advance for any hints, tips or pointers!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited September 2017

I don't think it's specific to AB3, but to those apps. I have the same issue with those and other Korg apps in BM3 as well. I don't think the session clear is related to this issue.

The only solution I've found is to just flip over to those apps before playing.

One thing you may want to check though is whether background audio is enabled in the apps. It could be that if they're loaded before AB3 they drop off to sleep until loaded, thus losing Midi connections.

I've also noticed that sometimes re-loading a session can kick start stuck audio.

• Thanks for the heads-up, guys - I'm going to pass this on to the Korg guys.