Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midiflow Adapter/Mixer

I am using AudioBus 3 with Korg Module (Ivory Piano) and Korg iM1. I am doing a simple split with an iM1 bass sound in the left hand and the Ivory Piano in the right. I'd like to be able to mix the levels of the two sounds - but since they both use Midiflow Adapter they show up together in the mixer. This does not really make sense to me - because the audio is coming from 2 different programs. It would be better if there were two audio sources (iM1 + Ivory Piano) in the mixer instead of just 1.

Am I missing something in the usage of Audio Bus 3 - or is this just a known limitation?

Comments

• You are missing something.
    I guess the point is that you set up first the midi connection from your keyboard to both apps and AB automagically adds those apps to the audio pipeline mirroring what you’ve just loaded with midi.
    Just unload from that pipeline one of these apps and reload it on a new one. Or as I would do build the audio routing first and then point your midi.

• OMG. Thanks.

'Geez... that was so easy... do I need to RTFM? ;-) BTW, is there a manual or video that would show basics like that?

This is cool because now it shows the icons in the audio section and mixer section instead of just the generic midi flow adapter icon. Much easier to follow.

Though I wish the midi section had something that let you know which midi flow adapter went with which particular program visibly (like an icon) it is easy to get mixed up once you have a few streams all using the midi flow adapter.

• Can someone confirm whether korg gadget works with midi flow adaptor so that i can use midi flow splitter to split up my keyboard and use for Live gig.

• edited November 2017

@Voldrox said:
    Can someone confirm whether korg gadget works with midi flow adaptor so that i can use midi flow splitter to split up my keyboard and use for Live gig.

I have it working. I tested with just a single split, used SoundPrism Pro as my Midi input, and had separate synths in Gadget being triggered correctly by the split zones. I put Adapter in the in and out of Audiobus midi and Splitter in the Midi fx of Audiobus. SPP and Gadget were not hoked up to Audiobus audio or midi in my test. I just routed in each app to/from MF Adapter, SPP to the in and Gadget to the out. All incoming Midi was on channel 1 and Splitter was used to route the zones to Channel 1 and 2 for triggering 2 different Gadgets.

• @CracklePot said:

@Voldrox said:
    Can someone confirm whether korg gadget works with midi flow adaptor so that i can use midi flow splitter to split up my keyboard and use for Live gig.

I have it working. I tested with just a single split, used SoundPrism Pro as my Midi input, and had separate synths in Gadget being triggered correctly by the split zones. I put Adapter in the in and out of Audiobus midi and Splitter in the Midi fx of Audiobus. SPP and Gadget were not hoked up to Audiobus audio or midi in my test. I just routed in each app to/from MF Adapter, SPP to the in and Gadget to the out. All incoming Midi was on channel 1 and Splitter was used to route the zones to Channel 1 and 2 for triggering 2 different Gadgets.

Thanks for the response, that helps a lot. I will go buy the app.