Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 11 is NOT an improvement

edited September 2017 in Other

Some frameworks are completely new under the hood (for example bluetooth - Apple looks into the future, that is version 5, but this has some really ugly side effects for some devices with bluetooth 4.2 or less). Some bluetooth devices just don't pair/work anymore.

All in all iOS 11 consumes more battery life and it is remarkable less reactive. It has more latency. I would call the first iOS 11 version just "beta". Additionally there is a really bad wi-fi issue (important for people who use wi-fi outside their home).

Don't upgrade to iOS 11!!

(maybe all of these issues are resolved in Octobre)

I think: iOS 11 is less funny than the animated poop emoji (available for iPhone X and iOS 11). When i think about iOS 11, this emoji really nails it. I would consider iOS 11 (now) just as animated s***t.

Comments

• For some reason, I haven't even received a notice that an OS update is available on any of my devices. Is Apple just not trying to pull shit in Brooklyn? Or is it the blood of a slaughtered spring lamb I painted on my doorpost?

• lol Apple usually doesn't show that notification until a week or so later for those that aren't informed.. From what I've experienced in the past, anyway.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    For some reason, I haven't even received a notice that an OS update is available on any of my devices. Is Apple just not trying to pull shit in Brooklyn? Or is it the blood of a slaughtered spring lamb I painted on my doorpost?

Brooklyn - must be the slaughterhouse around your block, playing pranks with you LoL
    Slaughterhouse 5

• I have iPad Pro 2015 version and no problems with iOS 11. Everything is smooth and fast. No batter drain at all.
    Y’all must have bad iPads... Russian clones LoL
    But AppStore is ruined... a pain in the ass to open that app and see how they ruined it.

• Yeah I can't speak to battery life or slow activity. It's not so bad at all...in fact...it's pretty much the same.

• wimwim
    edited September 2017

I'm sorry, but that can't be right. Everyone knows 11 is better than 10.

• @Kühl said:
    I have iPad Pro 2015 version and no problems with iOS 11. Everything is smooth and fast. No batter drain at all.
    But AppStore is ruined... a pain in the ass to open that app and see how they ruined it.

What's wrong with it?

• @wim said:

Yes, but remember: "Don't touch it!"

• edited September 2017

I disagree, ios 11 it’s not perfect but overall it’s been pretty great. Battery life has been remarkably the same as on iOS 10 and it doesn’t slow down older devices. No idea about Bluetooth, my headphones work very well but I don’t use Bluetooth keyboards or anything like that. I don’t know where this comes from but honestly it’s not my experience at all.

• @Looping_Loddar said:
    Some frameworks are completely new under the hood (for example bluetooth - Apple looks into the future, that is version 5, but this has some really ugly side effects for some devices with bluetooth 4.2 or less). Some bluetooth devices just don't pair/work anymore.

All in all iOS 11 consumes more battery life and it is remarkable less reactive. It has more latency. I would call the first iOS 11 version just "beta". Additionally there is a really bad wi-fi issue (important for people who use wi-fi outside their home).

Don't upgrade to iOS 11!!

(maybe all of these issues are resolved in Octobre)

I think: iOS 11 is less funny than the animated poop emoji (available for iPhone X and iOS 11). When i think about iOS 11, this emoji really nails it. I would consider iOS 11 (now) just as animated s***t.

hmmm... updated to IOS11 on my Air2, no issues here, but I havent used bluetooth for anything other than airdrop so far.

• edited September 2017

No issues here. It’s a notable improvement.

• edited September 2017

I’m guessing any WiFi/Bluetooth are router or bluetooth device specific. Not seeing any issues here in WiFi connectivity, or with my bluetooth speakers or keyboard. (Or in battery life). I’m not noticing any sluggishness or latency either on my original iPad Pro or iPhone 6.

• No issues here either, use several BT devices and all are fine. Had not noticed any change in latency in the apps I use. What apps/bluetooth devices are you having problems with? Its much better all-around for me so far based mainly on the new features and such.

• iOS 11 is pretty excellent on both my iPhone and iPad Pro

• Yup, perfectly fine for me. Once Rim adds file sharing to Auria, I’ll say very much an improvement. Nothing with battery, or bluetooth so far, or wifi for that matter. Pretty clean, all in all.

• If I were just music apping I would damn the torpedoes and dive in but alas am afraid of the fate of my bluetooth stylus.

• So far no probs on pro 2015. But I have to say that I got pretty upset with this perpetual interface change(and this time is pretty huge) once every odd year. I would rather prefer more focus on under the hood improvements. Like a better file management, like having the chance to move files between apps’ sandboxes instead of copy-paste-delete as the only option. Is too easy to stop at the first step of copying and eventually flood that little storage we have on these devices.

• edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AudioGus said:
    If I were just music apping I would damn the torpedoes and dive in but alas am afraid of the fate of my bluetooth stylus.

What stylus? I have an adjonit jot touch and it works fine in goodnotes. I don't use it for art so I couldn't tell you how it is in any other app.

• @Kühl said:

>

Agreed. Losing the Wish List will mean I buy less, ‘cause I can’t be bothered to make a separate list. Also, the Previously Purchased section is just plain awkward.

• @Looping_Loddar said:

Not seeing any of those issues here (iPad mini 4, iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6, iPod touch 6). Faster, smoother, better experience all around and a bunch of new features too.

• I disagree. The new multitasking is fantastic on a pro. I honestly hope Apple will force devs to support it going forward

Having several music apps running side by side is fantastic

• edited September 2017

regarding those interfaces under the hood: the augmented reality thing is cool.
    And it's out as a general library just 2 years after Apple aquired the company (Metaio) in 2015.
    Metaio once saved my day during a more or less boring visit of the big book fair in Frankfurt. A humble booth far off the center action, but nice and friendly staff giving me some good insights of practical application of the technology - long before Pokemon Go.

• @jn2002dk said:
    The new multitasking is fantastic on a pro. I honestly hope Apple will force devs to support it going forward

So is drag and drop. When Apple first demonstrated it I thought ‘neat, but developers aren’t going to bother implementing that’. But I’ve already got several apps that support it and it’s a really nice addition. Sometimes it’s nice to be wrong.

• @fjcblanco said:

@wim said:

Yes, but remember: "Don't touch it!"

I was just pointing at it..

• Installed it on Air 2, Mini 4, iPod 6G, iPhone 7. Runs perfectly smooth on all devices, same battery life as before, no connectivity issues, no problems with any of the apps I've tried. This is an iOS version that has lots of interesting potential.

It seems there's a batch of faulty iPads Pro 10.5 out there which go belly up as soon as you pick them up. Any problems experienced on those is more likely due to a hardware or firmware issue than due to iOS 11.

• @tja said:

@Kühl said:
    I have iPad Pro 2015 version and no problems with iOS 11. Everything is smooth and fast. No batter drain at all.

What's wrong with it?

Let me quote Zen210507:
    “Losing the Wish List will mean I buy less, ‘cause I can’t be bothered to make a separate list. Also, the Previously Purchased section is just plain awkward.”

• @TheMediocritist said:

@jn2002dk said:
    The new multitasking is fantastic on a pro. I honestly hope Apple will force devs to support it going forward

So is drag and drop. When Apple first demonstrated it I thought ‘neat, but developers aren’t going to bother implementing that’. But I’ve already got several apps that support it and it’s a really nice addition. Sometimes it’s nice to be wrong.

True. Files, drag and drop and real multitasking could take working on a tablet to a whole new level

• Battery life drops immediately because the iPad or iPhone re-indexes your photo library. Check Settings>Battery, and you’ll probably see photos near the top of the list. If you have an older (slower) device, it could take a while. Leave it plugged in overnight.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Battery life drops immediately because the iPad or iPhone re-indexes your photo library. Check Settings>Battery, and you’ll probably see photos near the top of the list. If you have an older (slower) device, it could take a while. Leave it plugged in overnight.

Also, after trying out if all your audio apps still work, do a restart to make sure none of them stays in the background as an IAA zombie, silently eating up your battery.