Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT-ish Question: Name That Synth – 1981 Edition

edited September 2017 in Other

I'm looking to recreate the synth sounds (string pad and chimey lead) used in Blue Öyster Cult's "Veteran of the Psychic Wars."

I suspect this will be an easy job for the keyboard pundits among us; my main instrument is guitar, so I'm looking to all y'all for some assistance. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Great record, my 2nd favorite BOC album (Secret Treaties being tops).

I remember reading some tour diaries by their roadie from the late 70s-early 80s period and IIRC he talks about the vagaries of keeping their Prophet V up and running during a tour - mentions stopping off to have it serviced in NYC.

This doesn't necessarily mean they used a Prophet V on the album - it could've just been their road workhorse - but it's a clue.

• @JonLewis said:
    Great record, my 2nd favorite BOC album (Secret Treaties being tops).

I remember reading some tour diaries by their roadie from the late 70s-early 80s period and IIRC he talks about the vagaries of keeping their Prophet V up and running during a tour - mentions stopping off to have it serviced in NYC.

This doesn't necessarily mean they used a Prophet V on the album - it could've just been their road workhorse - but it's a clue.

Mine is another vote for Secret Treaties.

• This is where I got my clues from:

http://www.hotrails.co.uk/history/1980.htm

The contributor there I'm referring to is Sam Judd, a former roadie.

It's coming back to me now, I concluded that the poly synths used on the Fire of Unknown Origin album were most likely Prophet-5 and OB-X based on a convo I had with some synthheads and what was actually available at that point in time.