Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence midi sequencer ?

Comments

• @SevenSystems said:
    Windows 7. Yes, I'm conservative ;)

I can see because of your keyboard :lol:

• @senhorlampada said:

@SevenSystems said:

Sorry, it's the only keyboard that can reliably keep up with 700 keystrokes / minute! I've bought 150 Euro Gamer keyboards, no chance! I'd rather take a 35 year old, perfectly-working, almost-free IBM Model M! :)

• @SevenSystems said:

@senhorlampada said:

@SevenSystems said:

Sorry, it's the only keyboard that can reliably keep up with 700 keystrokes / minute! I've bought 150 Euro Gamer keyboards, no chance! I'd rather take a 35 year old, perfectly-working, almost-free IBM Model M! :)

:lol: No need to be sorry
    I totally get you... The classics are always great. And robust :wink:

• I cracked up when I saw the keyboard! :D

The clackity clack from those beautiful clicky keys at 700 WPM must be beautiful. 👏
    Nothin’ like those old IBM keyboards. PS2 connector, or does it actually have the big DIN connector?

• @wim said:
    I cracked up when I saw the keyboard! :D

The clackity clack from those beautiful clicky keys at 700 WPM must be beautiful. 👏
    Nothin’ like those old IBM keyboards. PS2 connector, or does it actually have the big DIN connector?

:) It's the "modern" version with the PS/2 connector already. I got it along with a few others (some of them had DIN connectors) around 25 years ago when an IT department threw out the "trash" from their old computers.

I also tried a EUR 150 Unicomp "clone" which supposedly uses exactly the same tech as the original Model M, but even that often confused keystroke order and "swallowed" keystrokes at random.

So, here's hoping that the supply of working original Model Ms will not abate before I leave this universe 😉

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

Nice. 788 WPM + 1.21 Giga watts of electricity and you got yourself a time machine there Marty.

• @wim said:
    Nice. 788 WPM + 1.21 Giga watts of electricity and you got yourself a time machine there Marty.

:) is that a quote from "Back to the future"? I've never seen that movie but it seems to be extremely quotable 🤪

• Kinda. Mugged from it yeh. ;)

• @SevenSystems said:

@nondes said:
    Is that Windows Vista?

Hehe, it's not such long that I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Why change something that works such well???
    :)

• @tja Yep 🙂 well, from what I've heard, Windows 10 is pretty optimized and should be faster, and I also hate the huge "Ferrari style" Windows 7 window borders and decorations. I've "fixed" those with an AutoHotKey script, but yeah... would be better if windows (and the Taskbar) didn't look like crap natively) 😉

I've also tweaked Windows 7 to no end to have virtual desktops (VirtuaWin) and to get saner Taskbar behavior... but yeah, at some point it gets ridiculous 😂 so I'll probably move to 10 once this installation dies and I'm too lazy to restore the disk image.

Does 10 still "phone home" a lot?

• @SevenSystems said:

Hell yeah. But that’s the fun of it ... like facebook ... trying to outsmart it and defeat all that.

Besides, you need the integration with your XBox. C’mon!

• edited June 2019

Die Tastatur bestätigt das 👊🏼😁

Ooops, should have read through the thread instead answering too fast ;)

@SevenSystems said:

@nondes said:
    Is that Windows Vista?

• @SevenSystems said:
    @tja Yep 🙂 well, from what I've heard, Windows 10 is pretty optimized and should be faster, and I also hate the huge "Ferrari style" Windows 7 window borders and decorations. I've "fixed" those with an AutoHotKey script, but yeah... would be better if windows (and the Taskbar) didn't look like crap natively) 😉

I've also tweaked Windows 7 to no end to have virtual desktops (VirtuaWin) and to get saner Taskbar behavior... but yeah, at some point it gets ridiculous 😂 so I'll probably move to 10 once this installation dies and I'm too lazy to restore the disk image.

What do you mean "still"?
    It knows more US phone numbers than ever before :D

And "optimized" and "faster" is only really true after executing 30+ tweaks to turn off all the bs that MS wants you to run without asking.
    Advertisements for stupid games buried in the Start menu is only one of the "highlights".
    But yes, after heavy tweaking it works great.

• @rs2000 I see. Yeah, it's pretty hard nowadays to find a modern operating system that's actually usable and not "full of shit", that's why I've stayed with 7 for now 🙂

@wim: heh, well, I don't need Facebook, but unfortunately I DO need an operating system 😄 I had actually started my own Linux-based desktop OS in 2015, but I've already developed my own MIDI sequencer, DAW, IDE, programming language + compiler, accounting software, music player, and a few other "bits and pieces" so it's kinda hard to still find the time to sleep and shit 😉

• @SevenSystems said:
    @rs2000 I see. Yeah, it's pretty hard nowadays to find a modern operating system that's actually usable and not "full of shit", that's why I've stayed with 7 for now 🙂

@wim: heh, well, I don't need Facebook, but unfortunately I DO need an operating system 😄 I had actually started my own Linux-based desktop OS in 2015, but I've already developed my own MIDI sequencer, DAW, IDE, programming language + compiler, accounting software, music player, and a few other "bits and pieces" so it's kinda hard to still find the time to sleep and shit 😉

You might like Windows Embedded. An OS you can freely assemble from only the components you want, tiny, fast and efficient. And it supports read-only partitions with optional write access handling. Made for set-top boxes and game consoles but it's also used in industrial solutions.

• @rs2000 said:

@SevenSystems said:
    @rs2000 I see. Yeah, it's pretty hard nowadays to find a modern operating system that's actually usable and not "full of shit", that's why I've stayed with 7 for now 🙂

You might like Windows Embedded. An OS you can freely assemble from only the components you want, tiny, fast and efficient. And it supports read-only partitions with optional write access handling. Made for set-top boxes and game consoles but it's also used in industrial solutions.

Haha, that is quite hilarious... does that actually work in practice? Have you tried it? Will that support normal "desktop stuff" like multiple displays, USB, etc.? Then it would indeed be something worth trying!

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

@SevenSystems said:

I never use facebook either, but it’s a personal hobby to go in once in a while to see the new ways they’ve come up with to coax me into being tracked, then figure out how to button it down again. It’s a matter of personal pride when even friends or loved ones still can’t find me.

@SevenSystems said:
    ... so it's kinda hard to still find the time to sleep and shit 😉

There are medical devices that will help you with multitasking there.

• @SevenSystems said:

@rs2000 said:

@SevenSystems said:

Haha, that is quite hilarious... does that actually work in practice? Have you tried it? Will that support normal "desktop stuff" like multiple displays, USB, etc.? Then it would indeed be something worth trying!

Of course it does, and yes, compatibility with 3rd party hardware drivers and software is the main reason to use this "modularized version" of Windows.
    If you want to build something weird like your smallest netbook booting from a CF card, this is it. I don't care about it anymore because retail versions can also be slimmed down quite easily (VMware is your friend for such experiments) and SSDs are so cheap that it's not worth the effort anymore.

• @wim said:
    I never use facebook either, but it’s a personal hobby to go in once in a while to see the new ways they’ve come up with to coax me into being tracked, then figure out how to button it down again. It’s a matter of personal pride when even friends or loved ones still can’t find me.

Brilliant! :smiley:

• Looking forward to xseq2 !!! And that daw you're creating sounds wonderful

• @reasOne said:
    Looking forward to xseq2 !!! And that daw you're creating sounds wonderful

Don't be looking forward to the DAW though... it might take a loooong time yet... I might need at least 0.5 NS2-years for it 😉

• @SevenSystems said:

@reasOne said:

Don't be looking forward to the DAW though... it might take a loooong time yet... I might need at least 0.5 NS2-years for it 😉

Hahaha no problem man, take your time and build it with passion not just to get it done!

• @SevenSystems said:

@reasOne said:

That’s a highly uncertain -but certainly long- amount of time! 😁

• For anyone still on the fence whether they should upgrade to Xequence 2: Today is the last day it will be available at the reduced price of $9.99.

• @SevenSystems said:

@senhorlampada said:

@SevenSystems said:

The IBM Model M is a sought-after treasure!! If I could find one cheap enough, I’d get one myself! As it is, I’ll have to stick with my Cherry blue-mechanical switches on my current keyboard. 🙂

• @SevenSystems said:
    For anyone still on the fence whether they should upgrade to Xequence 2: Today is the last day it will be available at the reduced price of $9.99.

Worth double every penny of the asking price!! A steal!! 🙂

• @Audiojunkie said:

@SevenSystems said:

@senhorlampada said:

@SevenSystems said:

The IBM Model M is a sought-after treasure!! If I could find one cheap enough, I’d get one myself! As it is, I’ll have to stick with my Cherry blue-mechanical switches on my current keyboard. 🙂

Yeah as I said, I tried many alternatives, some of them quite expensive, but I only ever got close, not identical. So... always will be able to find a good original Model M should this one break in my lifetime (which I strongly doubt seeing that it has already served the FIRST half of my life without any noticeable degradation).

• How best to copy a part from one track to another?

• @espiegel123 said:
    How best to copy a part from one track to another?

By track, do you mean "song" or "arranger track"?

• @SevenSystems said:

@espiegel123 said:
    How best to copy a part from one track to another?

By track, do you mean "song" or "arranger track"?

Let's say I have a part in the arranger on Drums 1 and I want to copy or move that part to a new empty track Drums 2.