Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Interesting... iOS 6 devices are now automatically downloading iOS 7

edited September 2013 in General App Discussion

Just read this article which points out that iOS 7 is being automatically downloaded to devices still on iOS 6... WITHOUT user intervention. What's worse, the update is taking up 1 GB of space, doesn't show up in storage management, and can't be deleted (via regular means).

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57604701-37/ios-6-holdouts-complain-about-large-unwanted-ios-7-download/

I just checked my iPad 3 on 6.13 and sure enough, the update shows 'downloaded' in settings. I might have to update just to reclaim that wasted space...

Comments

• My iPad also trying. But the update requires 3.3GB (!!!!) and I only have 1.5GB so it looks like it is not actually downloading it yet.

My iPhone is still showing 6.1.4 ready to install. Which explains where some space went there.

• I never thought about that"waiting for installation"could take space but it makes sense of course.So,it was always like this and is not iOS 7 related.Although that doesn't make it any better.Anyway,i dont care,happy iOS 7 user here ;-)

• @Crabman

The difference this time is that Apple is forcing the download without your knowledge.

Previously you were asked to agree to the download before it started, so you could make the decision yourself.

• edited September 2013

There is a option to turn off automatic updates. Go to settings Apple ITunes Store and turn it off.

• edited September 2013

@mgmg4871

Automatic updates are OFF.

Again, Apple is FORCING the download silently in the background for everyone, without notification or permission, regardless of settings.

I posted this here as a warning to those who may not appreciate the loss of 1 GB of space or bandwidth without agreeing to it.

• I am on iOS 6.1.3 on an iPad 2. I have deliberately chosen not to download iOS 7. In spite of this, Apple has put the new OS on my iPad and informed me "iOS 7 is ready to install" ...hmmm.

honestly, I don't need an OS that takes more time to function but makes users feel like it is "smoother". that seems silly. So... yes I'm disappointed.

• Hmm, just checked my iPad 2 (iOS6) Software Update tab and, sure enough the cogs are turning and iOS 7.0.2 is nearly completely downloaded without any action on my part!

• edited September 2013

it seems a bit strange. I have two iPad2's being on iOS6.x, one has automatically downloaded the update (not installed yet, as it needs user input), the other not. The latter one is the oldest. Looks like the age of the iPad matters. But I don't know.

• That'll teach you to defy the Big Apple. Lol

• This actually happened to me last time with iOS6. It doesn't surprise me, but I admit that I forgot about it taking up space--I haven't got any space to spare, so I'm going to have to do some serious thinking.....maybe I'll just have to go ahead and update...I had hoped to be able to wait until iOS7.1 gets released for the iPad and ACP2.0 gets released.......well, we'll see what happens....

• I suspected as much when my iPad updated so fast compared to the forever that it took to update the older phone. Seems not so cool, but it did speed up the pad update tremendously. I wonder if you keep refusing to update, they keep piling on the downloads until your device eventually gets too full to accommodate?

• I will be more than a little pissed if iOS7 is forced upon my ipad. I updated the iPhone to 7, and I'm just not keen on it at present.

Besides, I use my iPad mainly for music, and I'm very happy with Audiobus and iOS6. I personally believe its gonna take some months for IAA to be smooth and uniform between apps and there's just a hint of forgetting how good we have it right now whilst in search of greener grass.

Just my humble...

• I just checked my iPhone 4S and ios 7 hasn't downloaded yet, the button says Download and Install but on my iPad 4 it has already downloaded in the background without input from me, the button only says Install now and I have a gig less in disk space than before.

Annoying but I'm still not updating until I'm ready.

• i'll be pissed off too. I wasn't planning on updating for a few months at least. Things work fine the way they are now and as much as Interapp audio sounds good - I don't NEED it right now in my workflow - Audiobus works perfectly.

• Thinking of updating to ios7? Wait!....let apple do it for you.

Sorry,couldn't resist:)

• If you keep your battery below 50% and power unplugged it will not download.

• edited September 2013

update: now I know why the older iPad2 doesn't automatically download iOS7. The message in Settings says it all:

"This update cannot be installed because it requires at least 2.9 GB of storage. You can make more storage available ..." etc.

All my iPads are 16 GB, and always a bit short on storage.

• edited March 2014

• edited September 2013

@simon:

But you still have to confirm the installation manually.At least.Not the smartest move from this company anyway...

• Both of my iPads d/l-ed iOS7 without my permission. The weirdest thing is that I rarely use wifi with the iPad 4 and I didn't use it at all yesterday, yet when I checked this morning it said that iOS7 was downloaded and ready to be installed. And the wifi was off.

• This is another move in Apple's ratcheting strategy which is analogous to a zip tie that only goes one way. They really go out of their way to try to force people to upgrade to the latest iOS and if you take the plunge, you can't go back. I didn't appreciate having the unsolicited iOS 7 software update package being downloaded automatically. I don't want to be the guinea pig or lose functionality for apps that aren't iOS 7 ready yet. I took the plunge with iOS 6 last go around and wished I'd waited longer.

• So...Is there a move that consumers could make that would cause Apple to rethink the forceload strategy? Even though these devices utilize Apple's operating system, they do belong to us and we should have control over our own possessions. I'm curious if anybody has come up any ideas? Apple doesn't forceload the latest version of Snow Leopard do they? Or Windows 8? Seems like the precedent has been set. .?????

• I find it interesting to hear about the numbers of adopters to the new iOS and have to wonder how this fits into it.

• I have an iPod Touch 4th gen that is excluded from iOS7 and an iPad 3 that has only notified me of an iOS update yesterday. The iPad is WiFi only but has not downloaded the update (thankfully) yet.

I agree that the choice should be with the owner of the device. If my iPad does decide to automatically download the update I will be less than happy.

Shame on you, Apple.

• What I find ironic is that Apple brags about how most users are on the same version of iOS. They even show graphs and make fun of Android because of Android's version fragmentation.......it didn't occur to me that Apple might have a big part in preventing iOS fragmentation.. ;-)

• What I find ironic is that Apple brags about how most users are on the same version of iOS. They even show graphs and make fun of Android because of Android's version fragmentation.......it didn't occur to me that Apple might have a big part in preventing iOS fragmentation.. ;-)

• Wow, sorry about that.....Quadruple posts!!! I was getting errors...... :-(

• edited September 2013

New record..... ;)
    Indeed, what apple here did is an absolutly NoGo! Things like this making me hate apple really and i would like to cancel my iPhone 5s order. These things and all the lies (touch id is save lol) annoying me a lot! But Android (or windows phone) is still no option :(
    Apple shame on you a lot!!!!