Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Idensity Multiple Outputs?

Did something change with iDensity or Audiobus along the way that took away the ability to send out multiple outputs like you can in, say, Patterning?? Just tried to open it up in an audio lane in AB3 and only had the option to send the master out--could've sworn it offered multiple outs.

Comments

• edited September 2017

Gone...at least I couldn’t, find them. Use AUs, but saved presets are unusable.

Would love for someone to correct me if I’m wrong.........went looking for multiple outs last week.

• they are gone, and missed... to return?

• Missed for sure! I actually found an old AB preset which had multiple iDensity outs going into cubasis--it opened up & somehow opened 6 instances of idensity but only created one master track in cubasis. Weird. I think the dev comes around here from time to time--can't remember his handle.... Would love to see what's up w/this.

• It's gone I think for good in favour of AUs unless he decides to bring it back.

• AU's are great of course, but really miss having all six streams up and playable on one screen.... Will contact the developer and ask if he'd consider bringing it back.

• Exchanged a few messages with apesoft and gave them the link to this thread--he said there were some issues with the multiple outs which is why the feature was removed but seemed receptive to figuring out a way to bring them back in some form.

• Liked the multiple outs too, but I love the new Patch Bay. If it's an either/or situation... I'd rather have the Patch Bay.

• @skiphunt said:
    Liked the multiple outs too, but I love the new Patch Bay. If it's an either/or situation... I'd rather have the Patch Bay.

How do you use the patchbay in your workflow? Still trying to wrap my head around how it works!

• @hightunnels said:

@skiphunt said:
    Liked the multiple outs too, but I love the new Patch Bay. If it's an either/or situation... I'd rather have the Patch Bay.

How do you use the patchbay in your workflow? Still trying to wrap my head around how it works!

Hi, I don't really have a "workflow".

But, here's a repost from another thread where I was trying to figure out the new patch bay. Maybe it'll help:

I'd assumed that the little input mic icon was only for mic input. I'd get feedback when I flipped it on instead of stream 1 into stream 2. After I simply put headphones on, set the matrix to connect stream 1 to stream 2, then click the mic icon instead of the play icon only, I got signal from stream 1 coming into stream 2.

Kinda cool actually. Different from merely having the same sample in each stream, because while you play the pitch keyboard and adjust fx, it's not only effecting stream 1 but stream 2 (in this example). So you can have your effects, speed, lfo's etc. ALL different for stream 2, but when you're effecting the source feed (stream 1) it's effecting the effected stream 2 as well. And so on.. the filter routing is easy and doesn't require headphones on. :)

• @skiphunt said:

@hightunnels said:

@skiphunt said:

But, here's a repost from another thread where I was trying to figure out the new patch bay. Maybe it'll help:

I'd assumed that the little input mic icon was only for mic input. I'd get feedback when I flipped it on instead of stream 1 into stream 2. After I simply put headphones on, set the matrix to connect stream 1 to stream 2, then click the mic icon instead of the play icon only, I got signal from stream 1 coming into stream 2.

Kinda cool actually. Different from merely having the same sample in each stream, because while you play the pitch keyboard and adjust fx, it's not only effecting stream 1 but stream 2 (in this example). So you can have your effects, speed, lfo's etc. ALL different for stream 2, but when you're effecting the source feed (stream 1) it's effecting the effected stream 2 as well. And so on.. the filter routing is easy and doesn't require headphones on. :)

Ok got it—so you can have one sample being played in a number of different ways simultaneously—very cool, thanks!

• Hello everybody, I've removed the iDensity Ports since I had some problems in the implementation with the latest AB SDK3 and the new AUv3 is a good alternative. However I've discovered a lot of are using the old implementations of the AB ports. Since I can't coming back to old implementation, I'm working to improve the matrix for achieve more IO flexibility. Here is a scrrenshot of my today's work since I've received the Dave's e-mail. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

• @scarbo I was using the separate outputs in AUM... is this the same?

I think I emailed you about this at one point... but what I was hoping to do, while using the Patch Bay.. is expose each of the 6 keyboards, and then send different midi sequences to each. I thought it would be done via the separate outs in AUM, and direct midi sequences to each AUM channel with an iDensity instance loaded. I think you suggested loading separate AUs instead, but the AUs don't support the new Patch Bay do they?

• @hightunnels said:

@skiphunt said:

@hightunnels said:

@skiphunt said:

Ok got it—so you can have one sample being played in a number of different ways simultaneously—very cool, thanks!

Yeah, it's really very cool once you get the hang of it. Lots of beautifully weird potential. :)

• @scarbo said:
    Hello everybody, I've removed the iDensity Ports since I had some problems in the implementation with the latest AB SDK3 and the new AUv3 is a good alternative. However I've discovered a lot of are using the old implementations of the AB ports. Since I can't coming back to old implementation, I'm working to improve the matrix for achieve more IO flexibility. Here is a scrrenshot of my today's work since I've received the Dave's e-mail. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

@scarbo Thanks for such a quick response to this! (I’m Dave who emailed you this morning). The matrix improvements look great—so are those iaa outputs? Are the effects loaded into iDensity directly somehow-I finally got a chance to figure out the matrix somewhat (thanks again @skiphunt) but still don’t have my head completely wrapped around it. Anyhow thanks again for being so receptive and quick to figure out a solution!

• Hello.
    3 years later and I wonder if it’s possible to multi track record on the iaa version