Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IK Multimedia Syntronik

Comments

• That channel strip effect and the Ensemble effect are awesome!!!

The Black 76 I don't quite understand the metering.

• I love that Syntronik exists and the intro price feels real good. That said the concept seems perhaps a little murky: the consolidating of many different synths into 17 nicknamed ones feels clunky (to me).

Maybe it's "UI Vanity" on my part but I wish every single synth had its own skin even if that means the full IAP list would be crazy long menu-wise. Nitpicking but time has proven just how much I rely on UI to feel Connected to iOS instruments.

• Damn that layer thing is sucking me in making presets! I know I should buy Zeeon next but I also would love more options for layering with more sounds. Oh if only I had a large ass IPad!

• @Tritonman said:
    Damn that layer thing is sucking me in making presets! I know I should buy Zeeon next but I also would love more options for layering with more sounds. Oh if only I had a large ass IPad!

Yes I’ve been having a lot of fun with the full pack and making layers. It’s easy to get lost for hours - make a few tweaks, add a new layer, blend their volumes and find song ideas flying at ya.

Which packs you got so far? Is it possible to buy at the cheap price and just load some?

• @PhilW said:
    I see from Jordan's demo that Eric Norlander was involved in making the presets - I once loaned a keyboard to him for a gig as his had gone wrong. Man, did he hit those keys hard, it's no wonder his broke!

Regarding the role of samples in this instrument, I think of them as providing the Oscillators, as you don't really have much direct control over these in the instrument panel. So the samples provide stuff like the raw waveforms, different pitch combination, things like PWM, sync, etc as unique to each instrument, then with the ability to process that through a conventional (and pretty extensive) synth panel.

It's a great choice of synths too. Pretty much all the classics. No DX7 but that used a totally different synthesis method so I can see why that is not there (and the "99" has some FM type sounds). If there is one classic synth that I wish had also been included, it would be the Roland D50.

But overall, great job IKMultimedia and extra kudos for making this available on IOS!

Erik was actually THE guy with regard to Syntronik sampling and more. He owns most of the synths we used and did a fantastic job. I especially like what he did with the Andromeda because he was a project manager and one of the lead designers of the actual synth. Quite an advantage of course, not that touring and recording with the rest of them made him a slouch in any way :)

I'll pass along your kind words (maybe I'll gloss over the "many, did he hit those keys hard" part though ;) )

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    So has anyone discovered how to select MIDI channel yet? And how about sync options for the arp and lfo? @ikmultimedia ?

There is currently no MIDI channel changing available.

On the ARP page you'll see the BPM there which will sync with the arpeggiator and LFO (when BPM Sync is enabled). If you are connected via Inter-App Audio to say Cubasis/Auria, the BPM you set in the DAW will sync to Syntronik controlling the arp, LFO, effects, etc.

• @ikmultimedia, After downloading the free version, it takes up slightly over 1gb. If I were to purchase the Full version for $39.99, how much space will it occupy on my iPad? I thought I read it might be 4gb or more?

Also, can individual synths be deleted to free up space; and be able to restore the individual synth at a later date.

• Wondered if it's IOS 11 ready?

@ikmultimedia said:

@DeVlaeminck said:
    So has anyone discovered how to select MIDI channel yet? And how about sync options for the arp and lfo? @ikmultimedia ?

On the ARP page you'll see the BPM there which will sync with the arpeggiator and LFO (when BPM Sync is enabled). If you are connected via Inter-App Audio to say Cubasis/Auria, the BPM you set in the DAW will sync to Syntronik controlling the arp, LFO, effects, etc.

• edited September 2017

@bsantoro said:
    @ikmultimedia, After downloading the free version, it takes up slightly over 1gb. If I were to purchase the Full version for $39.99, how much space will it occupy on my iPad? I thought I read it might be 4gb or more?

Also, can individual synths be deleted to free up space; and be able to restore the individual synth at a later date.

The Full Version took up 4.82gb on my Air 2/128gb. Yes, you can delete/remove any or all of the 17 synth IAP purchases to free up space - Yes, you can also restore each IAP purchase at any time.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

iPhone support? Please! :smile:

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Tritonman said:
    Damn that layer thing is sucking me in making presets! I know I should buy Zeeon next but I also would love more options for layering with more sounds. Oh if only I had a large ass IPad!

Yes I’ve been having a lot of fun with the full pack and making layers. It’s easy to get lost for hours - make a few tweaks, add a new layer, blend their volumes and find song ideas flying at ya.

Which packs you got so far? Is it possible to buy at the cheap price and just load some?

How are the presets in the Andromeda? Might like to get that

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Tritonman said:

Just the free stuff and the Galaxy. I went and purchased Zeon so
    I am in a much better mood now than this morning.

• @Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Tritonman said:

That's the one I purchased and it sounds awesome. I am sure an original Andromeda would sound amazingly better than this but damn it sounds sweet, no two ways about it.

• @eross said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Wow wonder what reg price is going to be.

A good bit more, but I don't have the precise number or the end date so best bet is to get in on the introductory bundle for $39.99/€43.99 as soon as possible. As pointed out, individually these would be $170, so the non-introductory price is likely to be a good bit higher than what it is now (frankly I'm surprised that's where it landed).

how do we use jampoint or gearcredits to purchase synths on ipad?

@eross said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Wow wonder what reg price is going to be.

A good bit more, but I don't have the precise number or the end date so best bet is to get in on the introductory bundle for $39.99/€43.99 as soon as possible. As pointed out, individually these would be $170, so the non-introductory price is likely to be a good bit higher than what it is now (frankly I'm surprised that's where it landed).

how do we use jampoint or gearcredits to purchase synths on ipad?

I don't think you can. If I remember correctly, you can only use them toward the purchase of hardware.

• edited September 2017

@Tritonman said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Tritonman said:

That's the one I purchased and it sounds awesome. I am sure an original Andromeda would sound amazingly better than this but damn it sounds sweet, no two ways about it.

Thanks for the ringing endorsement! Now I’m really interested

• Really like this app so far. There are some wonderful sounds but does anyone know how to get out of multi mode? If I turn off the multi icon to get back to individual sounds I can still hear the other parts of the last multi that was on. I know I could turn down the volume on the other parts but that shouldn't be necessary. Also someone mentioned that they wanted to delete some of the synths.......but if you do this some of the multis won't work because they won't be able to find the needed sounds. So be advised.

• At first I thought it might be Romplish like the Synthmaster APP we now have on iOS but Syntronik is miles ahead of it because of the extensive Fx library and the arp page alone so they are not really alike at all as I originally had thought. I took the plunge and bought the whole enchilada. If anyone is still on the fence jump in because you will lose hours of time and not realize it. This beast is a monster and a ton of fun. I am not dissapointed in anyway. This app release bundle makes it one of the top notch synth packages available now on iOS. A SoundScapers/shapers paradise! One of the best iOS synth releases of 2017 and that’s saying something.The UI reminds me of a desktop vst similar to an Arturia synth on a mac OS. Highly recommended!

• @ikmultimedia said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

Any idea why it would play the first note coming out of Fugue Machine and then stop?

• Fiddled with the free version, agreeing with others, the efx section sound n design is very well done. Wish Gadget had a similar one.....maybe someday.

• If anyone reads this in the next half an hour I am going to start the FULL version demos today, I have already is there any particular synth you would like to hear, or may I will do two at a time, the Galaxy seems to be popular?

• I just spent an hour with Galaxy, being controlled by Xynthesizr, playing along with Future Drummer. Man time flies when things sound great and your having fun! This was incredibly good sounding.

• encenc
    edited September 2017

@thesoundtestroom said:
    If anyone reads this in the next half an hour I am going to start the FULL version demos today, I have already is there any particular synth you would like to hear, or may I will do two at a time, the Galaxy seems to be popular?

J8 ... harpy 260 ... J60 ...

• @ikmultimedia said:

@PhilW said:
    I see from Jordan's demo that Eric Norlander was involved in making the presets - I once loaned a keyboard to him for a gig as his had gone wrong. Man, did he hit those keys hard, it's no wonder his broke!

Regarding the role of samples in this instrument, I think of them as providing the Oscillators, as you don't really have much direct control over these in the instrument panel. So the samples provide stuff like the raw waveforms, different pitch combination, things like PWM, sync, etc as unique to each instrument, then with the ability to process that through a conventional (and pretty extensive) synth panel.

It's a great choice of synths too. Pretty much all the classics. No DX7 but that used a totally different synthesis method so I can see why that is not there (and the "99" has some FM type sounds). If there is one classic synth that I wish had also been included, it would be the Roland D50.

But overall, great job IKMultimedia and extra kudos for making this available on IOS!

Erik was actually THE guy with regard to Syntronik sampling and more. He owns most of the synths we used and did a fantastic job. I especially like what he did with the Andromeda because he was a project manager and one of the lead designers of the actual synth. Quite an advantage of course, not that touring and recording with the rest of them made him a slouch in any way :)

I'll pass along your kind words (maybe I'll gloss over the "many, did he hit those keys hard" part though ;) )

I only saw Eric the once (in the UK) - he's a really nice guy, and brought his Andromeda with him (that wasn't the one that had gone AWOL) and it sounded so rich and powerful!

• @PhilW said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@PhilW said:

I only saw Eric the once (in the UK) - he's a really nice guy, and brought his Andromeda with him (that wasn't the one that had gone AWOL) and it sounded so rich and powerful!

They even look rich and powerful and it's hard to believe something like that would ever go out of production. I would love a really good stand alone iOS app that more faithfully creates the original.

• I can see the appeal but not for me this, nice when you can make a decision easily. Much prefer a full synth to sampled presets. Good that you can preview a few though to see if it's your thing.

• The fx! Wow please make them available in the fx slot of AB if they are not already, I've not even checked but will now. Not expecting them to be there but wow what colossal Easter egg that would be.

• The FX! If they could manage to make them available in the AB fx slot people would go nuts over it!

• @Tritonman said:
    The FX! If they could manage to make them available in the AB fx slot people would go nuts over it!

i second that. i'd love to send other apps through those FX

• @eross said:

@Tritonman said:
    The FX! If they could manage to make them available in the AB fx slot people would go nuts over it!

Add me on.

• @eross said:

@Tritonman said:

They look as nice as they sound, good lord, we are some fo> @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@eross said:

@Tritonman said:

Add me on.

And damned if they don't look great too.