Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IK Multimedia Syntronik

Comments

• Here is my demo and tutorial for the free version, full version demos will follow over the next few weeks since I'll probably cover one or two instruments at a time like I am doing with the desktop version

• @Korakios said:
    You can also tweak and save custom presets . Unbeatable for free :)

Exactly....bit old school for my general use, but the only thing that puts me off spending the money (tbh) is the 4 gigs.....

• I'm down to my last 4 gigs too man. I'm gonna have to make some crude choices and delete unused stuff.

• Would be nice to get that arp on MIDI out. Is it possible?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Korakios said:

Exactly....bit old school for my general use, but the only thing that puts me off spending the money (tbh) is the 4 gigs.....

That big boy already full up?

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Korakios said:

That big boy already full up?

Pretty much. I really need (nah, want) a second exactly-the-same iPad, one for audio, one for visuals....happy problems I guess...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    >

but the only thing that puts me off spending the money (tbh) is the 4 gigs.....

If you were to buy the full kaboodle Is there any way to just load the synths you want.. as and when you want them or do you have to load the whole 4 gb ?

• edited September 2017

For free this is quite an app, the desktop version is very cool too (free version as well), the clips I've heard have been good.

Does the purchase actually enable sounds not available in the free version (samples of oscillators I guess) or is it just presets? I guess there's more content since the download gets bigger.

I'm not in the market to buy the full version right now but I could see this down the road. The free version gives quite a bit of function though. I've been critical of ik on some things in the past and their marketing can get tedious, but the newer version of amplitube and this app both are really great. I'm not using Sampletank at the moment on iPad but also seeing in Doug's videos that there's some cool content.

I'm rambling to avoid paperwork for day job...ha ;)

But good job as of late @ikmultimedia, syntronik is a big step forward in software on ios and computer.

• I see the midi button at the lower left, but as a midi novice I am rather confused by it. Is there a way to set the midi channel it's receiving notes on there? I want to get fugue machine to drive that beautiful Japanese string machine.

• Is this anything like the Syntronik IAP on Sampletank for iOS?

• @Telstar5 said:
    Is this anything like the Syntronik IAP on Sampletank for iOS?

There is no IAP on SampleTank called that, do you mean the Sonik Synth IAP? But no this is completely different from anything on SampleTank

• Was pretty stoked on this because it sounds gorgeous and has incredible effects, but there are two issues that prevent me from purchasing the full version:

1) it just receives on one midi channel so you can split & layer the 4 parts but not sequence them in multitimbral fashion, which, far from being the best thing (AUv3 would), would still be better than single instance;
    2) when you pan effected sounds you also pan their delay and reverb effects, which leads to terrible results. I understand these are meant to simulate insert effects, but it would be useful to have some sort of "switch" that when activated would route reverbs and delays as if they were sends, leaving them unpanned in the stereo field.

So I believe I will need to wait for the AUv3 upgrade that IK mentioned, then this will become my go-to sound source for multi tracking. It really, really sounds majestic....

• edited September 2017

@jugstries said:
    So I believe I will need to wait for the AUv3 upgrade that IK mentioned, then this will become my go-to sound source for multi tracking. It really, really sounds majestic....

Looks like the $39.99 price is "introductory pricing." That's in the press release that I received today from IK Multimedia. No mention of how long the offer will last.

I'm still deciding, too.

Here's the info from the press release:

Pricing and availability
    Syntronik is now available for free on the App Store and includes 25 instrument sounds from 17 synths. Please download it on the App Store.

Syntronik Full offers a more comprehensive experience with introductory pricing of $39.99, available as an in-app purchase.

Individual synths are also available via in-app purchase for just $9.99 each.

• Wow wonder what reg price is going to be.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Wow wonder what reg price is going to be.

A good bit more, but I don't have the precise number or the end date so best bet is to get in on the introductory bundle for $39.99/€43.99 as soon as possible. As pointed out, individually these would be $170, so the non-introductory price is likely to be a good bit higher than what it is now (frankly I'm surprised that's where it landed).

• Thanks. Trying to look for change on the couch :o :# B)

I really love the sounds coming out of this baby! Although it's a great inteobprice it's not short change for sure but IMHO totally worth it.

@ikmultimedia said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

A good bit more, but I don't have the precise number or the end date so best bet is to get in on the introductory bundle for $39.99/€43.99 as soon as possible. As pointed out, individually these would be $170, so the non-introductory price is likely to be a good bit higher than what it is now (frankly I'm surprised that's where it landed).

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Thanks. Trying to look for change on the couch :o :# B)

I really love the sounds coming out of this baby! Although it's a great inteobprice it's not short change for sure but IMHO totally worth it.

@ikmultimedia said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

I'm doing a nice juicy full version overview tomorrow so that should give you a good idea

• Oh man I can't wait!

Ok so if we already have the synths and I'm able to tweak the knobs and stuff, am I just purchasing presets? Or does the full version unlocks the synths in another way?

@thesoundtestroom said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

I'm doing a nice juicy full version overview tomorrow so that should give you a good idea

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Oh man I can't wait!

Ok so if we already have the synths and I'm able to tweak the knobs and stuff, am I just purchasing presets? Or does the full version unlocks the synths in another way?

@thesoundtestroom said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

You are not just purchasing Presets, you absolutely cannot reproduce all the sounds with just the free version, it’s sample based so each sound has been sampled from the original instrument. It won’t unlock any further control of the actual instrument interface.

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

You are not just purchasing Presets, you absolutely cannot reproduce all the sounds with just the free version, it’s sample based so each sound has been sampled from the original instrument. It won’t unlock any further control of the actual instrument interface.

So confused....

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

So confused....

OK, So imagine you have a piano sound and a set of controls to adjust the piano sound.
    Then you have a string sound and the same set of controls to adjust that sound.
    Then a synth lead sound and so on and so on, well that’s how it works.

You can adjust the piano sound as much as you want but you can’t make that piano into the string sound because it’s a completely different sample

• edited September 2017

Great explanation Doug! Thanks
    Sorta what the Korg Trinity was like a romper that's why they advertised 24 whooping megabytes of samples back in the 90's :o

I still have that silver beast tho <3

• edited September 2017

@ikmultimedia

I really like the idea of this, samples that you can tweak quite a bit further in each synth + fun with lotsa fx and whatnot. But I'm having major issues dialing in parameters, the knob behavior as well as the black box with the numbers really need some more attention. I really wanna hit that 5.0 (semitones lower) on the pic below, but it's a bit of a challenge right now.:-) Same obviously goes for all parameters, not just tuning. Maybe add a flick gesture, like Korg have in all their apps on all the knobs (they're the only devs having this gesture by the way, not sure why as it's great for moving one value per flick/gesture), or place another finger somewhere to slow down the speed on the dial. The box with the parameter nr is a bit wonky as well, you'd want that box a bit ways off from ur finger so you can see the values, now it kinda comes and goes etc. Would be totally awesome if you guys could come up with something here. Anyway, really liking what I've seen/heard so far!:-)

Edit: Also a few issues with stuck notes with the on-screen keyboard. I'm on Air 1, iOS 10.3.3 .

• edited September 2017

Thankfully the full version is way to large for me to use so I will stick with what I have for a ten note and be very happy.More than 40 for this would be highway robbery to be honest. It sounds real good but has way to many limitations for more than 20 dollars imo.

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

So confused....

OK, So imagine you have a piano sound and a set of controls to adjust the piano sound.

>

You can adjust the piano sound as much as you want but you can’t make that piano into the string sound because it’s a completely different sample

Ah, thanks very much. So the paid version is not so much better than the free version, but rather more in a similar vein. But this implies that there must be something extra in the interface to get at those paid-for samples, compared to the free version.

I'm already very happy with the string machine sounds in the free version. But until I can figure out the midi I can't see paying for even more stuff that I can't get to work.

• edited September 2017

@thesoundtestroom said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

So confused....

>

Ah, thanks very much. So the paid version is not so much better than the free version, but rather more in a similar vein. But this implies that there must be something extra in the interface to get at those paid-for samples, compared to the free version.

I'm already very happy with the string machine sounds in the free version. But until I can figure out the midi I can't see paying for even more stuff that I can't get to work.

Nothing extra really that I can see. Someone said the rest of the multis but I already have them without the full version so that's not correct. I did pay 10 dollars for the 86 alesis samples though. Real nice but take more space then they are nice in retrospect.i think I would much prefer getting rid of this and picking up Zeon! I can't believe I forgot about Zeon when I bought the Alesis.

• edited September 2017

@thesoundtestroom : Yes Doug, the Syntronik IAP Which I see now is only a synth. Thanks for clearing that up

• @ikmultimedia said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

how do we use jampoint or gearcredits to purchase synths on ipad?

• So I thought “holy cow, finally a synth app on iOS!!!” But then I tried the free one, played around a bit, and bought the whole thing. I suspect some of the patches have mind-control effects. I’m actually quite happy with this huge collection of sounds.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    So I thought “holy cow, finally a synth app on iOS!!!” But then I tried the free one, played around a bit, and bought the whole thing. I suspect some of the patches have mind-control effects. I’m actually quite happy with this huge collection of sounds.

Bought it too because Wednesday. Happy also.