Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 11 - The Big Day is here 11/19/2017

Have you got the update? Has anyone dared installed it?

First impressions, problems and cheers...
Lay it all down here

So what about iOS 11... in Antarctica lingo
  1. I'm sitting on the fence for now, sending Ernest Shackleton to explore Terra inkognito39 votes
    1. I'm as brave as Ronald Amundsen, I eat my dogs while heading for the South Pole, all fine here
      61.54%
    2. I've reached the destination, but my name is Robert Scott, and there's nothing but problems
        0.00%
    3. I'm a penguin, and have no need for iOS 11
      38.46%

Comments

• Scheisse! I fucked up my glorious poll lol

I wish you all a problemfrei update

• The only performance difference I’ve noticed was model 15 was eating a ton of battery backgrounded, but that could have been from improperly releasing it from an iaa session it was hosted in. Imo, too many handy features to not upgrade unless one is seriously in love with an app that's incompatible

• Not available in the U.K., just yet. I was going to wait, but given problem with hardware and fucking iTunes...I might as well give it a go.

So, I'll be leaving the tent, and may be some time. :)

• edited September 2017

Love that Denglish.

We’ve had it in Australia for a couple of days already, all good here with an iPhone SE and and iPad Pro 10.5 :)

Buuuut I’m leaving this Air 2 on iOS 10. I know how these things work - it’ll be coughing and sputtering and getting slower with each update from here on out, so it stays.

Unglaubable? I can glaub it.

• Can anyone tell about the functioning of bluetooth connectivity between devices on eleven, please? Thanks

• @HandOfEmpty said:

Buuuut I’m leaving this Air 2 on iOS 10. I know how these things work - it’ll be coughing and sputtering and getting slower with each update from here on out, so it stays.

Mini 4 (A8) performance has improved under iOS 11 compared to iOS 10. I reckon the same would be true of the Air 2 (A8X).

• The last of my 32-bit apps that I actually sometimes use (Polychord) was updated today so I'm 'ready'.
    If I ever would have a need for 32-bit apps I can dig up my old iPad Mini with iOS9.3.5 and run them on that...

• Not here yet.. but how is the midi improvements?

• I'll update my phone, but wait and see more reports of Air 2 performance before updating that feller.

• edited September 2017

Soon as Flux:FX update hits then I'm in. Development period at the minute so no impending concerts. Roll on progress!

• I installed the GM Public Beta last Wednesday (iPad Pro 10.5), and so far have had zero problems. New dock is great for app switching and the slide over / split screen is also much more intuitive than previous version. Looking forward to when music apps implement the new Files interface, which I think will make moving clips around a lot easier. Only old app that hasn’t been updated for me is MidiBridge, but I haven’t used it since the advent of MdiFlow and AB3, so no worries.

• I've been on the latest public beta for a while, it is an improvement for sure, the only downside for me is that the app wish list seems to be gone and the same is true for the latest iTunes update on macOS... I was using that :#

• Does AB2 still work well on iOS 11?

• Obsolescence Is Near

• The world will not end in an apocalyptic conflagration. It simply will not be able to update to the latest operating system.

• I don't want to potentialy mess with my Wacom bluetooth stylus / Procreate which has now been working amazingly for me since ios10 point something, so I will remain huddled at Ice Station Zebra before venturing out further on my Tauntaun etc etc.

• Update still not out here yet.....anyone who has it or the last beta installed who can confirm what space saving there is with the removal of the 32 bit libraries ? I'm on a 16GB device so super keen to know as this is my main drive for updating early

• Haven't really been following this too closely... does iOS 11 have any features that expand the usability of the 12.9 iPad Pros?

• @sch said:
    Haven't really been following this too closely... does iOS 11 have any features that expand the usability of the 12.9 iPad Pros?

Look at the site of ArsTechnica for a comprehensive review of iOS 11: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/09/ios-11-thoroughly-reviewed/

• It's out in the wild now :)

• @Samu said:
    It's out in the wild now :)

Cross my fingers and toes, knock on wood.
    Downloading now... if I'm not back in an hour, call the rescue squad lol

• I’ve updated and I’m using iOS11 now on my iPad Pro and its good to see Z3TA still working. So far so good.

• How are the new pencil features working out then?

• Air2 updating now

• The Apple Pencil works fine with iOS11. No problems here.

• It works! It f-ing works! At long last, Auria Pro works on this iPad Pro 2017! After I installed iOS11, I opened a multitrack project that had a lot of FabFilter effects plugins in the mixdown. I had the buffer set to 4096 in this project, because no matter what buffer size I chose, iOS10 would force the buffer to be stuck at 4096 on this iPad Pro (which is why AUs never worked). SO, in this project, I set the buffer to 512, and it played back SMOOTHLY at 512. I loaded in Korvpressor on the master track and compressed the sh-t out of the mix, just like it’s supposed to do! It works. At least my mastering environment is fine.

I wonder if all those other crazy crackling buffer issues are gone. Once I’m done with songwriting work, I’ll test some more. Maybe others with iPad Pro 2017s who “took the plunge” already can confirm the buffer issues being gone too?

• After an update to iOS11 I can once again do backups using iTunes 12.7...
    ...no more crazy 'errors' of a disconnecting iPad :)

• @samu maybe you can answer my question, if I update to 11 and some apps that I own are 32 bit but become 64 at a later date will I be able to use them? Or is it once you update anything that isn't 64 at the time is done? Sorry if it's a dumb question..

• edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anybody try the screen recording?