Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flux fx dead?

So they're not gonna update it?

Comments

• It sure doesn't look like it.

Flux:Play is compatible with ios 11, but it's just a bunch of presets.

• edited September 2017

@johnfromberkeley said:
    It sure doesn't look like it.

Flux:Play is compatible with ios 11, but it's just a bunch of presets.

That's such a shame, I think I paid $20 for it about a year ago. Oh well... live and learn. I've learned to stay away from that dev!

• @ginandjuice said:
    That's such a shame, I think I paid $20 for it about a year ago. Oh well... live and learn. I've learned to stay away from that dev!

a huge shame. they really pumped their commitment at first.

i must say, other than jordan rudess, when a professional musician puts out software 1. it never goes on sale. (e.g. brian eno), and/or 2. it usually gets abandoned.

• So sad....we had our hopes up....they sounded so confident and sure of themselves on twitter. I bet the dev weren't receiving any money to update the app...ho hum....could have been a great thing. :(

We could always bombard them with asks :)

• The one and only app I will miss on iOS 11.

• The developers email reply to me from July 12 reports that 64bit is being worked on.

It ain't over yet / fingers crossed / toes too.

• it's a live processor, doesn't need much juice, will run on 'older devices'
    (the fx engine is far from studio grade and I never expected this would change)
    not el cheapo, but fair if you're into that stuff - no reason for drama imho ;)

• edited September 2017

Addressed to anyone coming here for genuine info:

Don't get swept away in message board drama. It's a quality app which still works fine (unless you're on iOS11) and has an update incoming which will bring it up to date. It doesn't even need any new features as everything in there works perfectly, although maybe we'll get one or two new treats - who knows!

Also it's a 'creative' multi effects processor rather than a specific utility, so yeah I wouldn't use any reverbs or distortions from it raw on a track (although they're very usable and sound great as part of a patch). For its intended purpose though (changing/breaking stuff in interesting ways) it's more than usable live or in the studio and is by far the most 'playable' and creative effects processor on the platform! It's so deep!

Oh yeah, it also has the only octave down effect that I've heard on iOS which actually sounds good.

• @OscarSouth said:
    Addressed to anyone coming here for genuine info:

Don't get swept away in message board drama. It's a quality app which still works fine (unless you're on iOS11) and has an update incoming which will bring it up to date. It doesn't even need any new features as everything in there works perfectly, although maybe we'll get one or two new treats - who knows!

Also it's a 'creative' multi effects processor rather than a specific utility, so yeah I wouldn't use any reverbs or distortions from it raw on a track (although they're very usable and sound great as part of a patch). For its intended purpose though (changing/breaking stuff in interesting ways) it's more than usable live or in the studio and is by far the most 'playable' and creative effects processor on the platform! It's so deep!

Oh yeah, it also has the only octave down effect that I've heard on iOS which actually sounds good.

Alrighty, you convinced me to try it on my 2017 ipad. Air1 had performance issues for me but perhaps if I am patient and avoid presets there may be some juice.

• It’s updated and works fine on my iPad Air with iOS 11

• edited September 2017

@AudioGus I used to run it on my Mini2 and never had any performance issues, although it probably is possible to push it pretty far if you’re willing!

• I know a lot of folks who love this app that are going to be happy campers. I enjoy making my own chains rather than using the ones that came stock with it.

• There is just the slight issue that it doesn't work in Audiobus or as an IAA Effect since the update.

• Still looks pretty though!

• They have addressed this issue in the apps description so it won't be very long before some fixes start showing up for the update.

• @iamspoon said:
    There is just the slight issue that it doesn't work in Audiobus or as an IAA Effect since the update.

Hmmm, works for me as an iaa effect on ios 10.last.

• @AudioGus said:

@iamspoon said:
    There is just the slight issue that it doesn't work in Audiobus or as an IAA Effect since the update.

It is crashing when I try it as IAA inside of Cubasis .

• @Tritonman said:

@AudioGus said:

@iamspoon said:

It is crashing when I try it as IAA inside of Cubasis .

Hmmm, working for me in Cubasis on my 2017 ipad. Oh wait! Mine was a fresh install and not an update.

• A rendering bug...

• edited October 2017

This app doesn't work at all on my ipad pro. It doesn't recognize Audiobus 3 or any connectivity with other apps. The only input it can work on is the microphone. Completely useless at the moment.

• doesnt work on my ipad pro either

• They reeled us in with an update that barely updated... and now their inbox is too full to accept emails.

I think they're laughing at us.

• I run it with Audioshare and it seems well working on IOS 11

• Flux:FX was never alive :# kind of. I quit using it for months, then got excited when I read about the update, but no luck here. Flux:FX currently won't recognise AB3 as IAA. I also can't uncheck midi devices from within Flux:FX - highly inefficient. Moved over to the Audio Damage and Holderness offerings, and not looking back.

• edited October 2017

Yeah I’m starting to lose patience with FLUX:FX’s compatibility support. They made an amazing app which was pretty much fully functional, stable and by all means complete (discounting their over enthusiastic promises). They’ve stumbled on the iOS11 hurdle though and failed to regain their stride. Let’s wait and see, they’ve promised a fix and they did get their 64bit update through ‘roughly’ in time.

It’s by far the most ‘performative’ and dynamically creative FX app on the platform though, and a joy to work with. I’m holding out hope that it’ll be sorted because it’s such a creative paradise with a touchscreen (or at least, the prospect of creative work with Turnado’s interface is delaying the expiry date of my patience).

• Finally on sale !
    16.99$ to 15.99$ :/

• Aha ha ha
    Fantastic app though

• I’d suggest buying Korg Kaoss Pad Quad and ending all this suffering.

LiveFx is very dead.

• I never saw that....

I was like ooowweeeee ahhhhhhhhh

and then I was like..........

Oh No.