Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Want to test a USB Hub?

I was sent out this 4 port USB 3.0 Hub. I've been using it, but I need to test 1 other aspect. Hub claims to charge 4 devices simultaneously, along with providing Data on all 4 ports. I've been able to confirm that 2 devices do work (iPad pro 9.7 + iPad Mini 4) for charging/data.

If anyone out there has 4 devices that draw 2.4 amps, and wants to help confirm this, let me know and I'll send the hub to you. I'd normally just go by the marketing materials, but honestly the spec sheets are such poor English, I can't decipher them confidently enough, same goes with direct communication with the Co.

Here's the Hub + pictures: orico.cc/goods.php?id=6614

Comments

• edited September 2017

Interesting hub. Were you sent one as a pre-release review unit? I can't find it in the wild. Found a similar looking one but it's slightly different. https://www.rocketprice.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=124683 Same one is on Amazon with only one review that reads a little like a plant.

Does it actually work as a battery as well? Seems to read that way but I don't see a brick! If so, and if it's anywhere near the price of the other one, definitely interesting.

Sorry, not sure if I have the correct devices to test it. I have a couple of ipads and iphones in the house and two USB power bricks. Is some combination of those enough of a draw to test it? SASE for return? :P

• @syrupcore said:
    Interesting hub. Were you sent one as a pre-release review unit? I can't find it in the wild. Found a similar looking one but it's slightly different. https://www.rocketprice.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=124683 Same one is on Amazon with only one review that reads a little like a plant.

Does it actually work as a battery as well? Seems to read that way but I don't see a brick!

Yes, though I need someone to confirm that aspect as well - I think it's supposed to "bank" power, but again, I'm just not confident enough to confirm.

And yep, sent one early release. They have another cool (looking) device coming out called the Magibox, that I hope to have in-hand soon: orico.cc/magibox.php

• @DeVlaeminck said:

Yep... I'm just not willing to write to that feature, without some confirmation.

• I get that, but they actually state, that each port provides only 0.9 A when used simultaniously. Which is not enough afaik. Sorry to disturb if you are already aware of that.

• @DeVlaeminck said:

:). Yeah, I read it, thank you. That's why I wrote "Seems to read that way but I don't see a brick!"

On re-read, I think it's trying to say: "can also provide power to large, power hungry external drives". Not that it's a battery. Otherwise it would say something about number of charges it could hold, etc.

• @syrupcore said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

:). Yeah, I read it, thank you. That's why I wrote "Seems to read that way but I don't see a brick!"

On re-read, I think it's trying to say: "can also provide power to large, power hungry external drives". Not that it's a battery. Otherwise it would say something about number of charges it could hold, etc.

Yep, I've read the specs, and the technical docs. Probably it's because of being .9, instead of .5 is why all the devices still show as charging. My experience has been .5 devices still lose power, slower, whereas this charged my devices at a good clip (little charging icon shows).

I also doubt it banks power, but the hub doesn't ship with the cord or wort that handles charging, only the host cable. I'm using a Samsung wall wort and old micro USB-to-USB cable I had here - so I'm unsure if they are providing max power to the hub etc.

• It took me a while to decipher the documentation but it goes like this (note the picture 2 posts up) - The Hub has "Dual-port power supply" meaning it's getting power both from the Standard Downstream Port, which with USB 3.0 delivers 900mA, and the Downstream Charging Port, which provides another 1.5A (again standard for USB 3.0) - which gives you the 2.4A you need on all 4 ports. It took me a bit to order a power supply, but I'm currently charging a 10.5" iPad, 2 Mini 4's, and an iPhone 7 - all connected to my Mac with data transfer.

• I got a iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPhone, Akai mpd232 and one of those m-audio code controllers. Also an audio interface. Is that enough juice for testing?