Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSEM is on Sale

Seems to be 4.99 at the moment. Grab it while you can! B)

Comments

• tjatja
    edited September 2017

Yes, Sir. At your command!

But I need to say, from the first view, it looks like some others Synths.
    I will later open a topic about "Classes of Synths?" asking about this.

• @tja, yes it's another subtractive synth but it's got it's own tricks and distinctive base sound (OSC+FILT) for sure.

It remains my favorite synth. I keep looking at the reissued hardware modules and drumming up excuses to drop $1000 on a single monophonic voice with no presets, sequencer, arpeggiator or effects. Or $3500 for two voices with a keyboard and a mini-sequencer. :D Then I remind myself I could by an iPad 2, a dedicated controller and an audio/midi interface for under 1K and have as many 8 voice instances of it as I want (with presets, voice sequencer, arp, effects and extra LFO...).

I've played with the hardware a few times and there are certainly corners of it that the app doesn't seem to quite get to (or the haptic experience brings out in me) but it certainly sounds 95% of the way there.

• It takes so long to load I find I never use it. First world problem, but there it is.

• It's true. It's super duper slow to load. Wish Arturia would give a shit! Quite sure Rolf could spruce it up but I don't expect him to do it for free.

• 95% is really stretching it some. you could get a poly dsi for under $1000. i think you'd notice the difference, most certainly in the weight of your wallet. can't go wrong with $4.99. the options of oscs limits it somewhat tho.

• It's definitely had some use from me. Despite having s pile of synths to choose from it's earned it's keep in the old toolkit.

• It's one of my three desert island synths.
    Great app.

• edited September 2017

@mrcanister said:
    95% is really stretching it some. you could get a poly dsi for under $1000. i think you'd notice the difference, most certainly in the weight of your wallet. can't go wrong with $4.99. the options of oscs limits it somewhat tho.

By 95% I guess I more mean "it sounds like a SEM plenty enough for me". Certainly can't bring the full power and mayhem that an actual SEM6 or SEM8 could bring (or the multi-timbrality) but preset storage, easy polyphony, stability, and MIDI are reasonable trades IMO. Since the Voice Programmer can be set to differing step lengths, there are actually a few things the app can do that the hardware could not. Plus the extra LFO is handy.

I'm only really interested in one DSI synth at the moment: OB-6, naturally. :)

• Downloaded it. Love it. Thanks for the heads up. Some great presets too.

• Ob-6. hehe. well that's a porsche in synth form. i watched sonicstate's youtube review of the synth and thought it sounded amazing. probably as good as it gets sound wise but i'm not sure i'd buy something like that even if i had the money. hmm. yeah, i'd probably would buy it. it's the filter i like on his synths because the lower end isn't lost when increasing resonance. ipad apps are good enough for me tho- ease of setup and plenty of variety.

• edited September 2017

@JeffChasteen said:
    It's one of my three desert island synths.
    Great app.

Gotta agree! Really enjoying this one. Some great sounds for the price.

@ipadthai said:
    Downloaded it. Love it. Thanks for the heads up. Some great presets too.

No probs, I am enjoying it too. As Sir Doug would say, cool beans B)