Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fav midi mapping techniques

Care to share your favorite parameters to midi mapp for live modulation?
Also combinations, example: the filter cut of one synth and lfo rate of another synth, all on the same midi knob.
Thx

Comments

• double my adderal doseage and get to it is usually the method.

• Interested to hear what other people do, but I've had a better experience with midi knobs, when I've just added a couple at a time, and gotten a feel for what needs a knob and what doesn't. When I've gotten real elaborate, planning a control layout ahead of time, that uses all the knobs and does everything, inevitably some things just don't get used that much, or you think of something you need, once you start playing, but there isn't room for it.

• edited September 2017

I don't really do the combination thing. Mostly because that's often specific to a particular musical idea. I have few of those. :)

I use two Novation X-Stations to control my iOS synths. Since it's laid out like a synth, it make it easy to MIDI map OSC waveform to the knob in the "OSC" section labeled "Waveform", LFO speed to the knob in the LFO section labeled "Speed", etc. It's good living.

When I used controllers with banks for 8 sliders/knobs it almost always looked like this by default:

1. Filter cutoff
    2. Resonance
    3. LFO speed
    4. LFO depth
    5. Attack
    6. Sustain
    7. Release
    8. FX level or something particular to the instrument.

With 16 sliders it was generally:

1. Cutoff
    2. Res
    3. Filter LFO depth
    4. Filter Env depth
    5. LFO
    6. LFO
    7. OSC pitch
    8. FX level or something particular to the instrument
    9. 9-16 mapped to both ADSRs

Invariably with these sorts of minimal set ups, you run into synths and situations where different controls than your defaults make more sense. Or a different layout makes more sense. And this is the problem for me: as soon as I want to vary it, I lose all sense of muscle memory. I can't really use those sliders to program the synth. Just use them here and there to manually modulate something. The X-station allows for both modes of working/control.

The @AmpifyxNovation family really need to convince their hardware sisters to bring some iteration of the X-Station back! The 49 and 61 key versions fit their smaller grid controllers (or your iPad) perfectly on the blank area to the right. 61key can seat two iPads comfortable. Reckon it would hold a Circuit as well.

• I like abbreviating ADSR to attack and release knobs, if there is a knob shortage. Decay and sustain aren't as necessary to have hands on control of, as long as there is some way to adjust them in software. Also doubling up decay and release , controlled by one knob, works alot of the time, because it is often handy to have a sound decay the same (thinking bell sound type envelopes) whether you tapped the note, or held it.

• edited September 2017

@syrupcore said:
    It's good living.

:)