Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget playback issue

I've got issues with scenes started to replay from mid-way through, rather than looping properly. Only seen this issue since upgrading my iPad to 10.5 pro. Videos below. Anyone else seen this?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mb26p8833gj2xx/gadget.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pirkjjlo9u8or8x/gadget2.mp4?dl=0

Comments

• Maybe look into the loop size amount

• @breilly it's not clear from the videos but sometimes it's looping correctly, and others jumping back mid-way, so more of a bug than a setting.

• R_2R_2
    edited September 2017

I think breilly is correct. You have set a loop which is shorter than the scene.
    Notice the triangle markers in my pic. Pull these to the start and end of your scene for it to loop the entire scene again.

EDIT: looked again at your second video. It does seem to jump back mid loop, odd...

• edited September 2017

I had the same problem a few days ago. I'm on an iPhone 7. I was just messing around, so I abandoned the song and didn't think much of it. I haven't experienced it again since. It definitely seemed like a bug. I'm not positive, but I think I was also using the Milpitas gadget at the time.

• Is it that there are different length clips elsewhere across the scene?

E.g. If you had a 4 bar and a 3 bar I think that might make the 3 bar restart 1 bar into its second loop.

• edited September 2017

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 sadly not, everything is divisible by 2 :(

• @Artefact2001 Do you still have your previous iPad (or an iPhone)?
    Maybe you can check the same song on another device, to see if it's isolated to iPad Pro 10.5

• @R_2 still have my old iPad, checked a while ago and no problem with the same file, so does seem to suggest a 10.5 issue

• @Artefact2001 Is Ableton Link disabled in settings?
    Did you play with the Audio Latency setting to see if this has an effect?

• I can confirm same issue on my iPad Pro 10.5 iOS 10.3.3

• @dawww so I'm not going crazy! also happening on ios11. it seems like it could be an issue with a scene (row) that contains clips that have been shortened using the new length trimmer in the header?
    @R_2 seems like latency change and link doesn't fix it :/

• edited September 2017

@Artefact2001I looked again on your video and I think I have different behavior here. My case is similar to what Matt_Fletcher_2000 described. Only happens when I make 3, 5, 6, 7 bar loop. Sorry for misleading.