Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Installing old 32bit apps to older iPads

edited September 2017 in General App Discussion

Since the disasterous decision by Apple scrapping apps on iTunes 12.7 will it still be possible to install old 32bit apps like NanoStudio to older iPads by using Mac or PC or will the app be lost forever if it is accidentally deleted or the iPad need reformatted?

Comments

• Yes, just don't update your iOS version.

• @Artmuzz said:
    Since the disasterous decision by Apple scrapping apps on iTunes 12.7 will it still be possible to install old 32bit apps like NanoStudio to older iPads by using Mac or PC or will the app be lost forever if it is accidentally deleted or the iPad need reformatted?

I take that back, I'm sorry. Just read about the latest iTunes 12.7 update, so I can't say for sure. Unless you just don't update iTunes.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Artmuzz said:

I take that back, I'm sorry. Just read about the latest iTunes 12.7 update, so I can't say for sure. Unless you just don't update iTunes.

Yeah, but sooner or later Apple will stop the ability to download and backup apps on older versions of iTunes. So that means if I have an old 32bit app like NanoStudio or iSequenceHD on my old iPad and I accidentally delete it or my older iPad needs reformatted then the apps are lost forever. Apple really are an awkward set of bastards. :(

• @Artmuzz said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Artmuzz said:

Yeah, but sooner or later Apple will stop the ability to download and backup apps on older versions of iTunes. So that means if I have an old 32bit app like NanoStudio or iSequenceHD on my old iPad and I accidentally delete it or my older iPad needs reformatted then the apps are lost forever. Apple really are an awkward set of bastards. :(

Something like imazing or ifunbox would allow you to back it up now and keep in case you need to re-install. And yes, itunes is terrible.

• @Artmuzz said:

Actually. If you have ifunbox it can install existing .ipa files even without iTunes. So while downloading new copies might be difficult uploading the older one to the device won't be affected.

• @Artmuzz said:

So that means if I have an old 32bit app like NanoStudio or iSequenceHD on my old iPad and I accidentally delete it or my older iPad needs reformatted then the apps are lost forever.

That’s incorrect. You can still download and install 32 bit apps you previously bought. You just can’t download and install them on iOS 11.

• I just downloaded every single App I ever had from the App Store.

It seems, that "transfer purchases" does not work anymore for a connected device.

I needed to go to the whole list of purchases and downloaded from there.

• @tja said:
    I just downloaded every single App I ever had from the App Store.

It seems, that "transfer purchases" does not work anymore for a connected device.

I needed to go to the whole list of purchases and downloaded from there.

Good to know .. I thought I was having issues with iTunes..