Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audioshare Update?

Hi,

@j_liljedahl Any chance of some further development to Audioshare?
Specifically, If you could add a threshold level to trigger the recorder to it would make it so much more useful for me.
I think other people would like this too.
Cheers.

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Erm.

Gimme dat ding, :)

• A built-in metronome in AudioShare would be a nightmare if one is using the built-in mic for recording as it would bleed thru like crazy ;)

• Yes to threshold recording!

• @HandOfEmpty said:
    Yes to threshold recording!

For both starting and optionally ending the recording :)
    (This would make it super handy to record single hints/sounds to separate files).

• the only (simple) thing I miss is an option to set normalization to a target value instead of a fixed zero dB/fs.

• Still the best $2.99 I've spent in the App Store: it's the glue that holds everything together. I'd love to see it refined just to chip in another pittance for version 3.0. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Erm.

You could export a click from another app and load it into the file player in loop mode :) for now

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Erm.

You could export a click from another app and load it into the file player in loop mode :) for now

You people with your perfectly sensible ideas.... :)

• edited September 2017

Since we are here, I'd like old school tape style pitch up and pitch down by semi. No time stretching, no pitchshifting just simple playback rate changing with linear interpolation and file saving.

Also, I am looking forward to/expecting/hoping/preemptively eternally grateful for iOS 11 Files support

• @Tovokas said:
    Still the best $2.99 I've spent in the App Store: it's the glue that holds everything together. I'd love to see it refined just to chip in another pittance for version 3.0. :)

Agreed.
    I would have no workflow without it.

• @JeffChasteen quite agree and would like to see it refined, maybe with a bit more editing features.

• I wouldn't have stuck with iOS music without it. Most valuable app I own by far. Always has been, still is.

• @Telefunky said:
    the only (simple) thing I miss is an option to set normalization to a target value instead of a fixed zero dB/fs.

That has always kind of bugged me.

• Yes- more editing- along the lines of what Audacity offers would be wonderful.

• Thanks everyone for your feedback and wishes :) As you can imagine, I have quite a long list of feature requests and things to consider for future updates. The focus will be on managing soundfiles. The built in recorder is very useful, but don't forget that AUM can do that job really well too. Setting up a channel that just records the mic takes just a couple of taps. (And it has a metronome!) But yeah, threshold for auto-recording is on my TODO, as well as iOS11 Files support, and some more editing/processing stuff (transpose, reverse, split, merge, etc). But AudioShare will never be a full wave editor like Audacity. Instead I'm meaning to make another app for that some time in the future, which shares the filespace with AudioShare (so no need to duplicate or transfer any files).

• tjatja
    edited September 2017

@j_liljedahl as you are reading here:

Why does AudioShare require the mic to record from AUM?
    I am not using the mic for anything.

It does not allow recordings at all, when the mic is not allowed for it!

Other Apps do not seem to need that, and I realy don't like it when Apps force me to enable the microphone ...

P.S. I would love to buy some AudaCity clone :)

• @j_liljedahl just a suggestion, but maybe an audio editing IAP for Audioshare might be a neater package than a completely separate app.

• @richardyot said:
    @j_liljedahl just a suggestion, but maybe an audio editing IAP for Audioshare might be a neater package than a completely separate app.

+1

• @richardyot said:
    @j_liljedahl just a suggestion, but maybe an audio editing IAP for Audioshare might be a neater package than a completely separate app.

I'd like to keep AS lean and mean, and knowing Jlil, he probably has a unique way of handling audio editing that doesn't really fit within the AS paradigm. The file space interaction within his ecosystem is so seamless that it won't matter anyway.

• @aaronpc said:

@richardyot said:

I'd like to keep AS lean and mean, and knowing Jlil, he probably has a unique way of handling audio editing that doesn't really fit within the AS paradigm. The file space interaction within his ecosystem is so seamless that it won't matter anyway.

agree, I think it'll be better if it's an all new design which uses the same filespace. You'll be able to have them both open at once anyway.

• @tja said:
    @j_liljedahl as you are reading here:

Why does AudioShare require the mic to record from AUM?
    I am not using the mic for anything.

There's no reason to record from AUM into AudioShare like that. The record-function in AUM already puts its files inside AudioShare! Just record in AUM and then go to AudioShare to rename/convert/trim/whatever.

It does not allow recordings at all, when the mic is not allowed for it!

Technically, it could be possible to enable recording IAA sources but still disable microphone access. However, that's not how the code works right now. The app needs microphone access to function properly.

Other Apps do not seem to need that, and I realy don't like it when Apps force me to enable the microphone ...

I can guarantee that AudioShare does not record anything without you knowing it :)

• @Carnbot said:

@aaronpc said:

@richardyot said:

agree, I think it'll be better if it's an all new design which uses the same filespace. You'll be able to have them both open at once anyway.

Yep. This is my thinking and I'm pretty sure it will work out great.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Carnbot said:

@aaronpc said:

@richardyot said:

OK - in that case would it be possible to have buttons in each app that open the other? Because I actually find the round-tripping between AUM and AS a little cumbersome (hence my suggestion of having the editor built-in to AS).

As an aside, I noticed recently that when you tap-to-play files in AS now it will play the whole folder in sequence, something I had wanted for years - so thanks for that addition!

• @AudioGus said:
    Since we are here, I'd like old school tape style pitch up and pitch down by semi. No time stretching, no pitchshifting just simple playback rate changing with linear interpolation and file saving.

Also, I am looking forward to/expecting/hoping/preemptively eternally grateful for iOS 11 Files support

+1 for micropitching rather than just semitones. Would be great to have ability to retune samples that are just a bit off, or detune samples that are spot on sometimes

• @richardyot said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Carnbot said:

@aaronpc said:

@richardyot said:

OK - in that case would it be possible to have buttons in each app that open the other? Because I actually find the round-tripping between AUM and AS a little cumbersome (hence my suggestion of having the editor built-in to AS).

Yes, some kind of "Edit this file in " action. In AUM you already have a button to open a file or recordings-folder in AudioShare.

As an aside, I noticed recently that when you tap-to-play files in AS now it will play the whole folder in sequence, something I had wanted for years - so thanks for that addition!

You're welcome :)

• @j_liljedahl said:
    In AUM you already have a button to open a file or recordings-folder in AudioShare.

Ah, I need to keep my eyes open for that one!

• @j_liljedahl When do you plan to do the sequencer? That would really tie a lot of loose ends together for me and improve my productivity with AUM. Thanks!!

• @Samu said:

@HandOfEmpty said:
    Yes to threshold recording!

For both starting and optionally ending the recording :)
    (This would make it super handy to record single hints/sounds to separate files).

+1