Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WerkBench 3 Official Announcement (Available now!)

Hey folks! Surprise!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/werkbench/id522262614?mt=8

Werkbench 3 will be submitted to the App Store later today (edit: it's out now!). Here's a summary of what's new:

Essentials:
* iOS11 compatibility
* Audiobus 3 (Audio receiver and sender, MIDI receiver)
* All new graphics by Erik Maniscalco

More effects:
* Reverb (decay, color, and mix), independent sends for each sample
* Bit crusher
* High-pass filter in instrument controls.

More step-editing/automation parameters:
* Attack
* Reverb sends
* Bit crusher down-sampling per step
* Low-pass filter

New ways to interact:
* All step-automation parameters can be recorded in real time.
* All step-automation parameters can be randomized.
* Step-automation can be preserved when sampling (letting you pre-program melodies, etc. before sampling).

New file format:
* Easy sharing and importing between devices:
* .werk files can be made by zipping a folder of wavs and renaming the extension.
* And vice versa, you can unzip .werk files on your computer to get the .wav files that were recorded in Werkbench.

Engine stuff:
* Longer sample times (2x as long as before)
* Wider pitch range (up to 8 octave range per sample).
* 64 note max polyphony (configurable)
* Tempo goes up to 999 BPM

Werkbench is $9.99 now and will be a free update for existing users.

Comments

• edited September 2017

Slowest of slow claps from Atlanta. Looks great, and love the new / updated feature list. Nicely done!

Been a while since I've used Werkbench....is Link currently supported? If not, is that something on your road map? Would be a great feature to have with this one.

• @brice said:
    Been a while since I've used Werkbench....is Link currently supported? If not, is that something on your road map? Would be a great feature to have with this one.

Yes Link is planned for the following update. And universal compatibility shortly after that :)

• Look forward to universal

• @KarlBolasol said:

@brice said:

Yes Link is planned for the following update. And universal compatibility shortly after that :)

Wonderful surprise!!!! thank you and looking forward to Link/Universal compat.
    is there any chance we could get a suite of fx for glitching, time shifting, and randomizing patterns in the near future?

• btw is the new skin permanent or do you have choices of skins you can choose from, or possible to make your own?...

• @kobamoto said:
    is there any chance we could get a suite of fx for glitching, time shifting, and randomizing patterns in the near future?

Yes. I've been playing around with ideas for glitching and probability based effects based on the Werkbench logo easter egg that came out in v2. More to come on that later.

• @kobamoto said:
    btw is the new skin permanent or do you have choices of skins you can choose from, or possible to make your own?...

Just this skin for now.

• This looks useful. I have zilch experience with this - any expanded impressions?

• Nice Werk :)
    AB3 midi compatible too, looking forward to this.
    New skin is a definite improvement for me as well. Thanks!

• Pretty darn cool!

• Nice update! Thanks @KarlBolasol

• @KarlBolasol said:

@kobamoto said:

Yes. I've been playing around with ideas for glitching and probability based effects based on the Werkbench logo easter egg that came out in v2. More to come on that later.

yes!! thank you

• @ALB said:
    This looks useful. I have zilch experience with this - any expanded impressions?

Hard to put into words. It's best to look up a video of it in use. Preferably from Karl, as he has it on lock down. It's right up there with Egoist in terms of fun and improvisational abilities.

Thanks, Karl! Can't wait.

• New features and design look great. <3

I feel bad for asking but I will....
    Any chance of the 2 sequencers being able to run at different beat divisions of the master tempo?
    (I always wished for this feature)

• ALBALB
    edited September 2017

@aaronpc said:

@ALB said:
    This looks useful. I have zilch experience with this - any expanded impressions?

Hard to put into words. It's best to look up a video of it in use. Preferably from Karl, as he has it on lock down. It's right up there with Egoist in terms of fun and improvisational abilities.

Thanks, Karl! Can't wait.

That's a high recommendation. OK - I'm in - AB3 compatibility is a must for now, so that's great. Hope to see it soon.

• @iamspoon said:
    New features and design look great. <3

Any chance of the 2 sequencers being able to run at different beat divisions of the master tempo?

me tooo!!!! +10000

• edited September 2017

@iamspoon said:

Don't feel bad! It's something I totally want too! Working out the details on how it will work when chaining patterns. It feels like each pattern should be able to have it's own time scale. What I've been thinking so far is some combination of clock multiplier per side (i.e. run 2x or 0.5 speed) and then stretching timing based on the first and last markers. I'll come up with something...

I think the stretching to loop markers might be the first thing I do in that territory to get some euclidian stuff happening.

• @KarlBolasol said:

@iamspoon said:

Don't feel bad! It's something I totally want too! Working out the details on how it will work when chaining patterns. It feels like each pattern should be able to have it's own time scale. What I've been thinking so far is some combination of clock multiplier per side (i.e. run 2x or 0.5 speed) and then stretching timing based on the first and last markers. I'll come up with something...

I think the stretching to loop markers might be the first thing I do in that territory to get some euclidian stuff happening.

couldn't have imagined a better response :)

• edited September 2017

@ALB said:

Here are some of the demos that people liked from previous versions:
    V2 with an ER-1 and flower pots
    V1 with a Monotron
    And the very first demo

• @KarlBolasol said:

@ALB said:

Here are some of the demos that people liked from previous versions:
    V2 with an ER-1 and flower pots
    V1 with a Monotron
    And the very first demo

Thanks - I'll check them out!

• @kobamoto said:

@KarlBolasol said:

@iamspoon said:

couldn't have imagined a better response :)

except if it had Link in it.

• he already said that's coming next

• @KarlBolasol said:

@brice said:

• what he's talking about now is stuff coming after link

• It's fair! Link will be cool to have.

• wunderbar. looking forward to it.

• When Colin Swinney was part of thesoundtestroom he made an excellent tutorial for the original WerkBench, this really is worth a watch for anyone who is new to the app