Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DrumJam preset selection from MidiDesigner

Hi,

I'm trying to trigger user preset in DrumJam from MidiDesigner, did not have any success. Any help or advise please?

Comments

• edited September 2017

Hi @Jameybond

This is from 2014. Not sure if this info has changed since...

@sonosaurus said:
    @JamMaestro said:

@sonosaurus also, am I right in thinking DrumJam doesn't support program change? Or is there a 'enable Program Change' switch somewhere that I haven't found?

Correct, DrumJam does not support it. If it did, what would you have it do given the Group/Name internal preset naming conventions? Also given that bank select can be misunderstood and often not well supported?

• I think it does support. Below is what is available in the DrumJam user doc. But I couldn't get it to work.

ProgramChanges:
    Bank select MSB (CC0) = 00 - program change messages load pad
    instruments (indexed from the alphabetically ordered list)
    Bank select MSB (CC0) = 01
    with LSB (CC32) picks the FACTORY preset group, with
    program change events selecting the preset within that group.
    Bank select MSB (CC0) = 02
    with LSB (CC32) picks the USER preset group, with
    program change events selecting the preset within that group.

• @sonosaurus would know for sure

• The bank LSB number you want to send should be the index of the group in the user presets. The first would be 0, the second 1, etc. Then when you send the program change that should match the index of the preset within that group. So for instance, if you want to switch to the fourth preset in your first user group set MSB to 2, LSB to 0, and send a program change 3.