Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Luma Fusion -- don't update on iPad Air

word of caution, Luma Fusion has a great new update but on my iPad Air, nothing goes after the update, no projects, does not respond to touch etc ...
seems to be fine on Pro

Comments

• Thanks for the warning, just saw the update and thought I'd wait for feedback on here first.

• Yeah broke, Air2

• Doug at the TSTR wont be happy sure he uses a Air 2 for his videos. The app took a age to load on my pro this morning then bugged out ok after a restart though. Glad i didnt have to do a fresh reinstall. Would of lost a few unfinished projects.

• @nick
    there was a quite nasty bug with enumerating certain AU plug in parameters in the last Betas, it only seemed to be happening to me and it took a long process to identify and fix.. I think Chris thought it was all kosher, I am slightly surprised he already released it.
    But most people here will be like me with tons of Au plugs in their system..
    do you have au's on yr air that you don't have on yr Pro?
    Have you tried shutting Lumafusion down and opening it again a couple of times?
    I got a hang opening it this morning but a shut down and open fixed it and I think Chris has put some process in that will catch the Au thing if you do this?
    He won't be up yet but I'll mail Chris and mention this thread..
    hopefully this can be sorted v quickly..
    the new LUT capabilities make it just a bit more 'Pro' :)

• edited September 2017

Ah right. Hmm I'm just not so sure AU support is a good idea, cause instability issues, more support needed etc. Why not just focus on video? I'd rather take the video into a audio DAW to do the audio parts. As long as there's good basic audio tracks supported for moving audio around that's probably enough for me...

I think it's nice if you don't have any other apps to do this but most people coming into this will have. It's a nice idea in theory but just my 2c. :)

• @RockySmalls said:
    @nick
    there was a quite nasty bug with enumerating certain AU plug in parameters in the last Betas, it only seemed to be happening to me and it took a long process to identify and fix.. I think Chris thought it was all kosher, I am slightly surprised he already released it.
    But most people here will be like me with tons of Au plugs in their system..
    do you have au's on yr air that you don't have on yr Pro?
    Have you tried shutting Lumafusion down and opening it again a couple of times?
    I got a hang opening it this morning but a shut down and open fixed it and I think Chris has put some process in that will catch the Au thing if you do this?
    He won't be up yet but I'll mail Chris and mention this thread..
    hopefully this can be sorted v quickly..
    the new LUT capabilities make it just a bit more 'Pro' :)

I have restarted a number of times, rebooted, and eventually even reinstalled. nothing fixed the hangs. I have a few aus more on the Air than on the Pro so if oyu think it is usefull for the developers, I could make a list of the difference

• @Carnbot said:
    Ah right. Hmm I'm just not so sure AU support is a good idea, cause instability issues, more support needed etc. Why not just focus on video? I'd rather take the video into a audio DAW to do the audio parts. As long as there's good basic audio tracks supported for moving audio around that's probably enough for me...

I think it's nice if you don't have any other apps to do this but most people coming into this will have. It's a nice idea in theory but just my 2c. :)

I totally agree with this.

• OK, to check whether installed audio units could be the problem, I found that frekvens might be the offender here, after deleting it, Luma Fusion seems to work again.
    Maybe not as fluid as before, but basically working.

• @nick said:

@Carnbot said:

in a way, so do I, it's nice to see all those Au in the panel but it in some ways there is enough capability in just the Apple generic Au plug ins to service basic needs in this area and I'd be happy with just thise for now..
    the wealth of au's isn't going to make support so easy..
    But that said, once Chris had identified what the problem was it was fixed ( mostly! :] )
    within half an hour.. so maybe after the teething troubles it will be fine..
    after all, the Daw devs here have managed to cover it so no reason Chris can't

• @RockySmalls said:

@nick said:

@Carnbot said:

in a way, so do I, it's nice to see all those Au in the panel but it in some ways there is enough capability in just the Apple generic Au plug ins to service basic needs in this area and I'd be happy with just thise for now..
    the wealth of au's isn't going to make support so easy..
    But that said, once Chris had identified what the problem was it was fixed ( mostly! :] )
    within half an hour.. so maybe after the teething troubles it will be fine..
    after all, the Daw devs here have managed to cover it so no reason Chris can't

it looks like an amazing update otherwise, I hope the stability can be fixed soon!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Doug at the TSTR wont be happy sure he uses a Air 2 for his videos. The app took a age to load on my pro this morning then bugged out ok after a restart though. Glad i didnt have to do a fresh reinstall. Would of lost a few unfinished projects.

Hi all this is very odd, I just made a video demo of a few of the new features including using Eos and automating, plus a few other things and it all worked fine, I did notice that it didn't load one time but after closing and opening it did, I also noticed the Audio Meters not working properly which I mention, but obviously there are a few glitches that need to be fixed, I think Chris will definitely get these things sorted ASAP, I'm using an Air 2.

The video should be live later today sometime B)

• @nick
    and anyone having probs... please email [email protected] if you can, he will beta you up so specific problems can be squashed quicker..
    Chris is prepping a 1.4.1 emergency fixer upper. there are some Interapp audio glitches also
    . he's actually in Holland at some expo.. so not in bed on canada time as i presumed..
    looking forward to the STR vid...

• 1.41.1 doesn't seem to fix much! Still broken.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    1.41.1 doesn't seem to fix much! Still broken.

yep, still broken. it seems to me that Luma Fusion fails to start every second time. any one else experiencing this? first start, no projects , frozen. next start, project loads and interface is responsive, next start frozen again etc.

• Yes that's what's happening it's stuttering to function!

• @nick i have contacted Chris the developer and he is working on it.

• That's good news

• Fingers crossed etc.

• This has just been updated again...to remove £rd party AU audio plugins.....causing too many issues apparently.