Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Remaster

Anyone recommend this app ?

Comments

• I can highly recommend this. The GUI is a little slow on my ipad3 but the sound more than makes up for it.

Who ever has worked with the current DAWs and the flagship EQ plugins will easily tell you after hearing this work.

This to my ears doesnt sound like simple boosting or cutting frequencies with a couple of db. Usually with EQ its better to cut but with Remaster you can boost without destroying your sound. I Like iit a lot.

For the price you cant go wrong.

• Thanks for the info Oliver I might just have to get it.

• Just updated with improvements. Oddly there is now also a compressor, but only the EQ is on the Audiobus.

• Yeah it says in the description on the store at the side of the feature set (non-Audiobus only for now) regards the compressor so they must still be workin on its Audiobus integration.

• Hi there and sorry for not answering before:
    We are indeed still working on the integration of the compressor. I want it to be as light-weight as the 7 band eq but there are some road blocks we have to overcome.

• Thanks for the response, I look forward to it.

• Hi, just bought ur app. Any update on compressor in ab? I think there are a few vocal apps about to get on bus (improvix, vocalive) where this would help a lot.

also, this may be asking a lot, but is ur app able to be used on daws such as multitrack or any other daw (thats iphone, not just ipad) so say ive got a vocal track, drums, bass and want to send those tracks and have 4:1 ratio on vocals, cut low end out on them, 8:1 ratio on drums, cut high end out, etc? basically make ur app the goto app for mixing eq on multiple tracks in mix as thats how i (and many others) are used to using eq and compression. just my two cents

thanks in advance

• Hello again, just re-read your app's description and saw "fix it in the mix". how exactly do I fix something in the mix using ur app when I can only use it on incoming signals into say loopy or multitrack? If I have to copy and paste each individual track out to ur app and back again, it would kill the creative workflow for me so I hope I'm just missing something here.

Thanks in advance

• Hello there again,

Sorry have another question as ive been playing around with your app settings. I'd like to be able to set up a narrow q when sweeping the frequencies to find the sweet spot of a track and also the harsh spots to cut but am having trouble narrowing the q to be really thin. Granted i can still do a frequency sweep but visually it doesnt look as pin point accurate as it could be. Can it be any thinner than a 1 setting?

thanks in advance

• Anybody using the eq with audiobus and can recommend it?Light on cpu?Works flawless?How about the handling?Sluggish?Speedy?

• overall, works fine for me,

• I'm not technically proficient in this area but ReMaster has been wonderful for me.
    Actually, now I'm learning how NOT to make my tracks too hot.

• Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I'm finding that this app introduces a 1 second delay when used as an effect in AudioBus. Everybody who posted here seems happy enough, and finding any manual or in depth documentation for this app is tougher than I thought. If anyone out there uses this and has any suggestions, I'd be grateful.

• I contacted the developer, and it turns out that there is a problem with the app that causes an approximately 1 second delay when it is placed in the AB2 chain. He plans to release an update to fix this soon. I was interested in this because it's an inexpensive and extensive EQ and compressor that already supports state saving in AB2.

• Great to hear that a fix with the aprox. 1 sec delay is on it's way. I was just about to find another EQ app but then I read this.

• edited April 2014

Hi guys,

Yes, the delay is a problem. But the good news is that I have it fixed and the update is now with Apple, waiting for review. According to Apple stats it is going to take about 5 days to go through.

Thanks for the heads up @Audiohub!

• @gjcyrus
    Sorry for answering so late.
    To the question about how to make the bandwidth (q) more narrow: just enter a value of 10 or higher in the key board entry for Q and you should have a really narrow peak.

• Anyone using Remaster as AU?How does it look like?

i'm still looking for a better (=more flexible) eq in cubasis,