Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yamaha IAA Apps problems getting sound out.

Hi guys I've got Yamaha MMS and also Yamaha TNR-i and when I try to connect a external instrument through IAA I have all the connections made but for some reason, I can't get any audio out from the connected app. Has anyone else managed to set these connections up successful with the Yamaha apps and if you did how did you manage it?

In Yamaha MSS, keyboard mode the instrument name is greyed out?

Comments

• I have TNR-I and it works with both imini and magellan. Have you selected background audio to be on? This confused me for a bit.

• I've been a lurker here for sometime and never posted before but iaa is amazing and works a treat. The only thing I can't figure out is if TNR-I can record the input of a connected app. I thought it could but may be getting it mixed up with the tabletop demo I saw. Things blend into one after a while.

• I only bought TNR-i a day or two ago and haven't tried midi. I guess iaa acts as the carrier for that particular aspect of the connection process. The background audio thing is usually activated when connecting to audio bus isn't it? Maybe this will happen in future versions of iaa.

• edited September 2013

Yamaha Music Sequencer says it IAA support in last update. I have the US version and it does not. I have a host app (Looptical) and it doesn't show up at all. I have heard the UK version does show up. I emailed Yamaha. Hopefully I'll hear something and post hear. Anyone else want to email them here's the link.

http://usa.yamaha.com/support/contact/

• @mgmg4871

Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer is a host app, which is why you're not seeing it show up in Looptical :)

• @busker Thank you. How do you see generator nodes from MMS?

• I'm not seeing anything in MMS, but someone here said there was some issue with US version? I believe the international version works fine tho

• I hear you have to create your own phrase, but not working in US version. I saw some screenshots, so it does work in other version.