Useful content for music producers, beatmakers, audio engineers, and DJs.

Hello to music producers, audio engineers, beatmakers, DJs, and musicians. Today I would like to tell you about a wonderful project, in which I was honored to take part. Sorry for self-promotion but I guess it can be useful. It is a book, written by a team of professional music producers, sound engineers, and music teachers around the world, which contains all music production words, acoustics terms, all EDM genres, audio engineering terminology, recording vocabulary, DJ slang, and electronic music theory definitions. Ebook and print version are available. This is the second version of the book, which we launched just now. We added even more words (rare and unique) that we could only find, and now it contains 201 pages. The book is suitable both for beginners in the world of music creation and for more experienced producers and engineers. Here is a link to it, if anyone is interested. Thank you for attention.

https://www.amazon.com/Good-Musician-engineering-terminology-definitions-ebook/dp/B072M8QRLN/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1505134440&sr=1-1&keywords=good+musician

Comments

  • 12 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • You'd probably sell more if your amazon sample didn't stop at the table of contents and you'd show an example of the type of coverage you give. Otherwise it's just an index of terms to me.

  • If it's not giving away too much of the plot, what does "warm" mean?

  • @robertreynolds said:
    You'd probably sell more if your amazon sample didn't stop at the table of contents and you'd show an example of the type of coverage you give. Otherwise it's just an index of terms to me.

    You can watch some example in a preview of a print book. There is a ebook and print version and you can switch

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    If it's not giving away too much of the plot, what does "warm" mean?

    )))
    Warm Sound is a sound with a lot of low mid/upper bass frequencies.
    Cold Sound means sound with a plenty of high frequencies. It is the opposite of warm.

  • @PrimeSuspect said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    If it's not giving away too much of the plot, what does "warm" mean?

    )))
    Warm Sound is a sound with a lot of low mid/upper bass frequencies.
    Cold Sound means sound with a plenty of high frequencies. It is the opposite of warm.

    Is this from the book?

  • @robertreynolds said:

    @PrimeSuspect said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    If it's not giving away too much of the plot, what does "warm" mean?

    )))
    Warm Sound is a sound with a lot of low mid/upper bass frequencies.
    Cold Sound means sound with a plenty of high frequencies. It is the opposite of warm.

    Is this from the book?

    Hi! Yes, I gues. +/- couple words

  • @PrimeSuspect said:
    all EDM genres

    All genres?

  • @PrimeSuspect said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    If it's not giving away too much of the plot, what does "warm" mean?

    )))
    Warm Sound is a sound with a lot of low mid/upper bass frequencies.
    Cold Sound means sound with a plenty of high frequencies. It is the opposite of warm.

    Has there ever been a piece of music equipment on the market that was described in promotional materials as cold? It seems like all of them claim to be warm.

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

    @PrimeSuspect said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    If it's not giving away too much of the plot, what does "warm" mean?

    )))
    Warm Sound is a sound with a lot of low mid/upper bass frequencies.
    Cold Sound means sound with a plenty of high frequencies. It is the opposite of warm.

    Has there ever been a piece of music equipment on the market that was described in promotional materials as cold? It seems like all of them claim to be warm.

    No because the terminology is all conjecture,
    Apparently in the book it says that cold means plenty of high frequencies, but if a piano has lots of high frequencies it is sometimes called bright, if a vocal has plenty of high frequencies it could be said it has air, so trying to break things down in to a single terminology will never work and should be avoided.

    I could see this working as a book to be a humourous look at ourselves and the nonsense we speak on a daily basis, but unless it was written in a meaning of liff sort of way, I could not see it being a great read for myself at least, some of the rubbish i speak and is understood by the people i work with is better code than an Enigma machine.

  • edited September 14 Vote Up0

    @nrgb said:

    @PrimeSuspect said:
    all EDM genres

    All genres?

    Except rare yes. There are just several sentences just to describe the main characteristics of the genre.

  • edited September 14 Vote Up0

    @PrimeSuspect said:
    Except rare yes. There are just several sentences just to describe the main characteristics of the genre.

    How many genres out of interest?
    There must be 100+ ?

  • @nrgb said:

    @PrimeSuspect said:
    Except rare yes. There are just several sentences just to describe the main characteristics of the genre.

    How many genres out of interest?
    There must be 100+ ?

    No, maybe 30 +/-

Sign In or Register to comment.