Price rises

Something that didn't get so much publicity yesterday: "Surprisingly, the larger storage versions of the iPad Pro have also risen in price: the 512GB model starts at £969 now, when two days ago it cost £889. Increasing prices of devices with no material change is unusual for Apple, and particularly odd since the pound has strengthened against the dollar since the iPad Pro’s introduction in June. But those price increases have also hit US customers (the 512GB version has gone from $949 to $999)"

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/13/apple-iphone-x-launch-uk-prices-dollar-parity?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

«13

Comments

  • Yeah I just read that too, no excuse other than greed...

  • edited September 13

    Totally scandalous! I guess now if I am wanting the new 10.5 iPad Pro then I will have to wait until Currys/PC World have their UK Boxing Day sales.

  • Yea.. I'm going to be performing with my 16gb Air2 for a good long time..

  • There was talk of moving production back to the US from China. This is perhaps a first result of that?

  • @Carnbot said:
    Yeah I just read that too, no excuse other than greed...

    >

    They must really believe that there is an unending supply of fan-boys, brainwashed millennials, and corporate clients who don't give a toss.

  • Online stores are still pricing the iPad Pro 10.5 512Gb models at £889. Maybe it's time to buy now.

  • @Artmuzz said:
    Online stores are still pricing the iPad Pro 10.5 512Gb models at £889. Maybe it's time to buy now.

    I reckon so, the article also goes on:

    "That means that products which are like-for-like replacements of previous releases have received yet another price increase from the technology company: a new iPhone 8, for instance, starts at £699, while the iPhone 7 started at £599 until it was replaced. The Apple Watch series 2, meanwhile, was £269, while the cheapest Apple Watch series 3 is now £329."

  • Capitalist pigs!

  • interesting. I was surprised when they came out that the new iPad Pro's with all the new tech etc. were less expensive than the previous generation (at least the configurations that I was interested in) maybe that was an intro price and now they're pricing it a bit closer to previous generations

  • edited September 13

    It looks like those greedy pigs Apple really are taking the piss out of customers in the UK. I just don't get it why they charge for example $1145 for the new iPhone X and £1145 in the UK they are blatantly ignoring the currency conversion and they have the nerve to increase the price of their products yet again by nearly £100. I can see me ending my days as a loyal Apple customer. Sod them!

  • And once again, despite the strengthening £....$50 = £80 ???

  • @Zen210507 said:

    @Carnbot said:
    Yeah I just read that too, no excuse other than greed...

    >

    They must really believe that there is an unending supply of fan-boys, brainwashed millennials, and corporate clients who don't give a toss.

    That may not be so far from the truth. I suspect this isn't true of Apple alone.

  • @brambos said:
    There was talk of moving production back to the US from China. This is perhaps a first result of that?

    For what products?

    Where is that article at, very interested indeed?

  • @RUST( i )K said:

    @brambos said:
    There was talk of moving production back to the US from China. This is perhaps a first result of that?

    For what products?

    Where is that article at, very interested indeed?

    Disclaimer: by posting the following I expressly do not intend to start a discussion on politics

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-trump/apple-ceo-promised-to-build-3-big-plants-in-u-s-trump-tells-wsj-idUSKBN1AA2LS

  • The reason they gave was because a shortage of flash storage chips has pushed the price up.

  • foxconn is making something "i" related in Wisconsin. or, will be soon.

    I'm still shocked at the $1300.00 price tag for the damn watch. I thought the 200.00 I';m going to spend on a nice looking Seiko was a lot!

  • @Mark B said:
    The reason they gave was because a shortage of flash storage chips has pushed the price up.

    Nothing to do with cost of that fancy new building then.

  • yugyug
    edited September 13

    @High5denied said:
    foxconn is making something "i" related in Wisconsin. or, will be soon.

    I'm still shocked at the $1300.00 price tag for the damn watch. I thought the 200.00 I';m going to spend on a nice looking Seiko was a lot!

    I thought you were joking. But you weren't :/

    So, the watch itself is $300 and for another 1K you can have a special watch face and a leather band. And we think Apple is greedy, how about a thousand dollar leather band from Hermes? :)

  • @yug said:

    @High5denied said:
    foxconn is making something "i" related in Wisconsin. or, will be soon.

    I'm still shocked at the $1300.00 price tag for the damn watch. I thought the 200.00 I';m going to spend on a nice looking Seiko was a lot!

    I thought you were joking. But you weren't :/

    So, the watch itself is $300 and for another 1K you can have a special watch face and a leather band. And we think Apple is greedy, how about a thousand dollar leather band from Hermes? :)

    While $1300 is a bit much for a smartwatch, those kind of prices are actually pretty much on the low end of swiss-movement automatics. I guess that's what Apple wants to compete with.

  • For a while now I've been tempted by a new iPad. Apple keep giving me pause for thought each time I come close and I go spend the money on something else :p

  • @Carnbot said:
    Yeah I just read that too, no excuse other than greed...

    A friend of mine working on this was in the basement and swears he saw rocket boosters.

  • @brambos said:

    @RUST( i )K said:

    @brambos said:
    There was talk of moving production back to the US from China. This is perhaps a first result of that?

    For what products?

    Where is that article at, very interested indeed?

    Disclaimer: by posting the following I expressly do not intend to start a discussion on politics

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-trump/apple-ceo-promised-to-build-3-big-plants-in-u-s-trump-tells-wsj-idUSKBN1AA2LS

    Turned out they weren't that big.

  • Is there anyone buying from Apple these days?
    I get iPhone/iPads/macs a lot cheaper from many third party sellers.

  • edited September 13

    In Spain, a new tax called "canon digital" has increased prices, about 1,10 € per smartphone and 3,15 € per tablet (average values).

  • @brambos said:

    @RUST( i )K said:

    @brambos said:
    There was talk of moving production back to the US from China. This is perhaps a first result of that?

    For what products?

    Where is that article at, very interested indeed?

    Disclaimer: by posting the following I expressly do not intend to start a discussion on politics

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-trump/apple-ceo-promised-to-build-3-big-plants-in-u-s-trump-tells-wsj-idUSKBN1AA2LS

    You fucking troublemaker.

    ;)

  • @brambos said:

    @yug said:

    @High5denied said:
    foxconn is making something "i" related in Wisconsin. or, will be soon.

    I'm still shocked at the $1300.00 price tag for the damn watch. I thought the 200.00 I';m going to spend on a nice looking Seiko was a lot!

    I thought you were joking. But you weren't :/

    So, the watch itself is $300 and for another 1K you can have a special watch face and a leather band. And we think Apple is greedy, how about a thousand dollar leather band from Hermes? :)

    While $1300 is a bit much for a smartwatch, those kind of prices are actually pretty much on the low end of swiss-movement automatics. I guess that's what Apple wants to compete with.

    Facts have nothing to do with this discussion.

    Next you will say that if you say that by putting $21 under my mattress once week for year I can afford a 1200 watch or anything else for that matter.

  • @RUST( i )K said:

    @brambos said:

    @RUST( i )K said:

    @brambos said:
    There was talk of moving production back to the US from China. This is perhaps a first result of that?

    For what products?

    Where is that article at, very interested indeed?

    Disclaimer: by posting the following I expressly do not intend to start a discussion on politics

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-trump/apple-ceo-promised-to-build-3-big-plants-in-u-s-trump-tells-wsj-idUSKBN1AA2LS


    You fucking troublemaker.

    ;)

    O I see what you did there @RUST( i )K lol

  • @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @RUST( i )K said:

    @brambos said:

    @RUST( i )K said:

    @brambos said:
    There was talk of moving production back to the US from China. This is perhaps a first result of that?

    For what products?

    Where is that article at, very interested indeed?

    Disclaimer: by posting the following I expressly do not intend to start a discussion on politics

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-trump/apple-ceo-promised-to-build-3-big-plants-in-u-s-trump-tells-wsj-idUSKBN1AA2LS


    You fucking troublemaker.

    ;)

    O I see what you did there @RUST( i )K lol

    :D

  • Question to my friends, what items have prices went down on in last couple years besides heroin?

Sign In or Register to comment.