Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iTunes 12.7

Comments

• I wonder if this means no more iTunes file sharing. If it is then it's no problem because I use iFunbox.

• You can extract ipas with ifunbox and imazing, hopefully this will still be possible......

• @Artmuzz said:
    I wonder if this means no more iTunes file sharing. If it is then it's no problem because I use iFunbox.

File Sharing is still there.

• tjatja
    edited September 2017

I never made a backup of my iPad.

Right now, I do this - with my older iTunes 12.6.2.20
    Just to make sure.

• I'm a bit in panic.
    I had reasons to never use iTunes - I just don't understand what it does, means, wants, thinks, etc.

I made a backup "to this computer", encrypted.
    Worked well.

Then i discovered that i can move whole screens to different positions, which i did for some screens.

After that, i clicked on "Apply" directly beside "Finish" (or Ready).
    And then the button changed to "Synchronizing".

And then, iTunes started 5 different steps, as is now quite a long time on step 5 from 5: Waiting for Applying the Changes or something.

But this takes LONG and meanwhile both iTunes and iPad seem busy (showing the turning circle).

I now fear, that it does something that i realy dont want ...

For example, on the left side i can see lots of Apps with buttons like "Remove" and "Install" - I very much hope that it does not do this!!!!!!

I am not sure if it would be better to wait, or to try to stop this.

• @tja said:
    I'm a bit in panic.
    I had reasons to never use iTunes - I just don't understand what it does, means, wants, thinks, etc.

I made a backup "to this computer", encrypted.
    Worked well.

Then i discovered that i can move whole screens to different positions, which i did for some screens.

After that, i clicked on "Apply" directly beside "Finish" (or Ready).
    And then the button changed to "Synchronizing".

And then, iTunes started 5 different steps, as is now quite a long time on step 5 from 5: Waiting for Applying the Changes or something.

But this takes LONG and meanwhile both iTunes and iPad seem busy (showing the turning circle).

I now fear, that it does something that i realy dont want ...

For example, on the left side i can see lots of Apps with buttons like "Remove" and "Install" - I very much hope that it does not do this!!!!!!

I am not sure if it would be better to wait, or to try to stop this.

iTunes backups terrify me, I just don't bother these days.

• I would very much just like to do a 'Ghost Image' of the entire iOS device...
    This way I could make sure that absolutely everything on the device gets backed up.

What ever happens I will be doing OTA(Over The Air) update to iOS11 since I can NOT use iTunes to do it.
    If things go haywire I can always set it up as a new iPad and copy over all the stuff I have manually backed up from Cubasis, Gadget, BM3, AudioShare and a bunch of other apps.
    (I've used iFunBox to copy all the stuff from each apps 'Documents' folder or exported them via other means).

If I look at this from an ironycally positive view it's a good way to get a 'clean start' and install only those apps that I actually use :D

• Now it synchronizing "Songtexts".

I don't have Songtexts!

Don´t know what to do ...

Let them both play with each other over night?!?

• Don't stop the beast... my advise

• And the finished backup is 30 GB.
    But i have over 190 GB used!

Can that be, with compression?

Or did it NOT backup my Apps, which was the goal of this backup :disappointed:

I scheduled a call from Apple for tomorrow morning and try to get some hints about all of this.

• @AlexB said:
    Don't stop the beast... my advise

Yes, think so.

Still frustrating.
    It did not get better.
    The devs at Apple have very strange brains.

• @tja said:
    And the finished backup is 30 GB.
    But i have over 190 GB used!

Can that be, with compression?

Or did it NOT backup my Apps, which was the goal of this backup :disappointed:

I scheduled a call from Apple for tomorrow morning and try to get some hints about all of this.

Yes, it did not backup your Apps.

I think Apple calls this: "improvement" of functionality. They argue, that it is "no problem" to download apps from the app/iTunes store if you need them. And if they are not available in the App/iTunes store anymore (or only in a cripled version):

Your problem.

(directly translates into: it just dont work)

The reason for this decision maybe could be that Apple want to reduce system wide issues which causes lots of calls in their call centers.

• Uhmm. :s :( :/ :'(
    This was the sole reason to backup now.

I wanted to save all my Apps, as i read that this may not be possible anymore with iTunes 12.7
    And yes, explicitely those Apps that may vanish from the App Store.
    For example, when i get a "new" old devices and want to install those Apps - which may be gone from the App Store already, which is sure for the 32 Bit Apps.

So, wasted time and effort.
    Unbelievable.

Will talk about this to Apple tomorrow!

• edited September 2017

If you synced your device to your computer and did a back up as well, then the apps should be in the folder where your iTunes library is on your hard drive.

• Interesting.
    And strange :p

I am going to let PC and iPad running over night.

Thanks for this hint!

Which program are you using in this screenshot?
    Or is this some view in iTunes, may look different on PC :#

• That's just Finder on OSX, it's like Windows Explorer.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Without a full tank of fuel, the new phone costs around three times the total value of my car.

Which illustrates just how utterly ludicrous pricing has become. Part of me wants this to escalate, rapidly, so we can see the point at which even those who love Apple products more than their families and have suitcases full of disposable cash finally say 'no more.' ;)

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Without a full tank of fuel, the new phone costs around three times the total value of my car.

Which illustrates just how utterly ludicrous pricing has become. Part of me wants this to escalate, rapidly, so we can see the point at which even those who love Apple products more than their families and have suitcases full of disposable cash finally say 'no more.' ;)

Mrs Monzo's already done that

• In the first hour, Apple support could not help me.
    I am going to have the next session in the evening.

• @tja said:
    In the first hour, Apple support could not help me.

>

Welcome to the Machine. Hope you get good result soon.

• @tja said:
    In the first hour, Apple support could not help me.

I just use the 'chat' feature they have on the support page.
    From what I know it's a 'chat bot' most of the time with some built-in AI, almost like 'Eliza' or her evil twin 'Azile' :)

http://www.manifestation.com/neurotoys/eliza.php3

I was told to wait for iOS11 & macOS High Sierra to solve the backup problems I'm having with my Air 2.
    For now I have no desire to do a complete factory reset and start from zero...

• @Samu said:
    I just use the 'chat' feature they have on the support page.
    From what I know it's a 'chat bot' most of the time with some built-in AI, almost like 'Eliza' or her evil twin 'Azile' :)

Every time I've tried that route, I find irritating twonks who think using my first name makes them my friend. Ultimately, I get passed to a senior, less bubbly twonk, who informs me that his/her job is to schedule returns, and that Apple will not continue 'problem solving' via e-mail.

• All this is like rearranging shelves in a supermarket. While you're looking for the old things you used to buy you find new ones you never came across on your usual shopping round.

• On a windows computer it is possible to completely deinstall iTunes (without losing your backups - see https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204275), and then install an older Version of iTunes, which can be found there:

https://support.apple.com/de_DE/downloads/itunes

• I will miss downloading updates using iTunes...
    It was a perfect way to see when an app I had uninstalled on my iOS devices got updated...

How can I now keep track of my 'old' apps and when they eventually get updated as I no longer have then i stalled on my iOS device?!

• Installing an older version of iTunes is not an option as it will not suppert newer devices or iOS versions.

• @supadom said:
    All this is like rearranging shelves in a supermarket. While you're looking for the old things you used to buy you find new ones you never came across on your usual shopping round.

>

A theory which in practise just wastes people's time and irritates them. If I am made to work too hard in a supermarket, I shop elsewhere.

• @Samu said:
    Installing an older version of iTunes is not an option as it will not suppert newer devices or iOS versions.

thats not exactly true. they usually let a few older versions of itunes still connect to newer devices.
    they do phase it out thats true but its not immediate. i've been using itunes 12.1 for the last six months lol.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Samu said:
    Installing an older version of iTunes is not an option as it will not suppert newer devices or iOS versions.

thats not exactly true. they usually let a few older versions of itunes still connect to newer devices.
    they do phase it out thats true but its not immediate. i've been using itunes 12.1 for the last six months lol.

True, but iPhone 8/8+ are out soon and iTunes 12.7 is needed for them and Apple will most likely disable downloads for older iTunes versions by turning of the web-servives that provide the iOS content to the desktop iTunes.

Remains to be see how well the 'tethered caching services' work on macOS High Sierra.
    (ie. when downloading an app using a tethered iOS device the download is saved on the computer and can then be shared to all connected iOS devices). Too bad the computer I'm using for backing up my iOS devices is too old for macOS High Sierra.

I will go iOS11 in hope that it will do some 'repair' on my iPad Air 2 so I can do backups of it again, if not I'll do a complete factory reset and start from scratch since I do not have a working backup for it...

I will miss digging into *.ipa files and extracting samples :D

• The "technical lead" support from Apple did it:

$ ls Mobile\ Applications/
    total 18890944
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 18908630 Sep 14 19:04 'Basic Calc 3.0.2.ipa'*
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 58292456 Sep 14 19:06 'Drag'\''n'\''Boom 1.0.1.ipa'*
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 64529120 Sep 14 19:06 'Vectornator 1.1.5.ipa'*
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 4549029 Sep 14 19:06 'Diktierger'$'\303\244''t 2.3.ipa'*
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 27890527 Sep 14 19:07 'Audulus 3 3.4.2.ipa'*
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 73072770 Sep 14 19:08 'NanoStudio 1.4.4.ipa'*
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 141185084 Sep 14 19:08 'drumsession 15.ipa'*
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 6036046 Sep 14 19:09 'Ton 1.1.0.ipa'*
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 76746618 Sep 14 19:09 'TC-Performer 1.1.2.ipa'*
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 23499324 Sep 14 19:10 'EGDR606 1.0.ipa'*
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 12593367 Sep 14 19:10 'Impaktor 1.4.ipa'*
    -rwxr-----+ 1 tja None 98825258 Sep 14 19:12 'Patterning 1.3.ipa'*
    <...>

It is continuing to download alllllllllll my Apps.

I am happy