Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is DrumPerfect Pro the one?

13»

Comments

• It’s near the very top of my my essential app list. ...just to answer the original question sort-of. That’s because it can sound so “real drummer” when a project demands it. I hope you find a way to make it work as an audio unit eventaully, @Marinus, because I would absolutely freaking LOVE to use it in context within a DAW. (I know it has AB3 and IAA, but AU tends to work SO much better for me and lots of others)

• Reposting here, as i read about DrumPerfect Pro while discussing EG Pulse and Drum Computer.

As i rarely use my Drum Apps, i will have a new look at them, esp. DrumPerfect Pro and Drum Session.
    Just bought my first DPP kit B)
    I also own Patterning, the first version.

I never managed to get iBassist running with the Drums Apps like Soft Drummer and collect the MIDI, will try this too.

• DPP is best for realistic drum programming. It is very difficult to learn and use. I mean ridiculously opaque. But it’s the best realistic drum machine on iOS.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • As a fan of standalone and IAA Apps that are AudioBus-compatible, I'm always confused when AU versions are asked for.

The DrumPerfect Pro AU Player does not help in what you want to do, @BCKeys ?

• I thought the player would useful but it’s very cpu heavy, and one of the things I liked about DPP was a randomisation feature, which doesn’t work on the player. I was pretty disappointed.

• @SimonSomeone said:
    I thought the player would useful but it’s very cpu heavy, and one of the things I liked about DPP was a randomisation feature, which doesn’t work on the player. I was pretty disappointed.

Maybe we can get @Marinus and @Gilbert to comment on this :)

• edited November 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tja said:

@SimonSomeone said:
    I thought the player would useful but it’s very cpu heavy, and one of the things I liked about DPP was a randomisation feature, which doesn’t work on the player. I was pretty disappointed.

Maybe we can get @Marinus and @Gilbert to comment on this :)

DPP Player has exactly the same randomisation features as the app itself. Playing a song in the app or in the player doesn’t make any difference.

• @Marinus Sorry if I got that wrong. It might have been user error.

• @madbanjoman said:
    I have a yamaha DTX multi 12 that I use as a midi controller for software on my mac, currently BFD3. I have no plans for recording, I just like having different sound choices than what’s built in. I was wondering if I could use DPP in this manner? Connect my DTX 12, load kit and start playing?

Hey! did you get it to work well with your Yamaha DTX multi 12?

I have connect my dtx m12 to my launchpad pro midi in. But I can’t play good… can’t do fast strokes, it works when I use a midi controller but not from my dtx :(

• Is it the one? No, in my opinion it is not the one. To be honest, in my opinion it is not even one of the ones. The closest one to being the one in one's opinion is the one and only Audiolayer.

• edited May 2022

@Ailerom said:
    Is it the one? No, in my opinion it is not the one. To be honest, in my opinion it is not even one of the ones. The closest one to being the one in one's opinion is the one and only Audiolayer.

Haha! You are right. It is not even one of the ones. To be honest, how can we compare apples 🍏 and oranges 🍊 unless we have fun indulging in logical fallacies?
    Compare a virtual drummer with a sampler?
    Well, Audiolayer will be a deep, powerful sampler app, when you know how to make the best of it.
    DrumPerfect Pro is a deep, powerful virtual drum app, when you have learned how to make the best of it.

So the One is You? Right?

( By the way, for aficionados, new requested things will come in the next update. When? No ETA yet. )

• @Gilbert said:

The only point I'm comparing them is at the outputs. As wonderful or painful (and personal) as a UI experience can be, it really becomes irrelevant if the output is not what you want.

• We already had the perfect ‘drum machine’… His name was Neil.

• @Ailerom said:

@Gilbert said:

The only point I'm comparing them is at the outputs. As wonderful or painful (and personal) as a UI experience can be, it really becomes irrelevant if the output is not what you want.

DrumPerfect when programmed well sounds great and very nuanced at the output. It is at its best when being used as a drum sequencer /drum sampler combo.

• @Ailerom said:

@Gilbert said:

Does Audiolayer do what you want it to right out of the box without setting up a bunch of layers etc, first? I don’t think it does and I can tell you that I’m not going to waste time setting all that up. Creating music is not remotely the same thing as cultivating samples. To each his own.

Your comparison is pretty worthless because they aren’t even close to being the same type of app. Not fair to either app really.

• @yowza said:

@Ailerom said:

@Gilbert said:

Does Audiolayer do what you want it to right out of the box without setting up a bunch of layers etc, first? I don’t think it does and I can tell you that I’m not going to waste time setting all that up. Creating music is not remotely the same thing as cultivating samples. To each his own.

Your comparison is pretty worthless because they aren’t even close to being the same type of app. Not fair to either app really.

That guy is the first and only ever, I blocked in this forum 😅😅😅
    For a reason.

Sadly I saw his quote ... should also better be removed from what I see.

• @yowza said:

No it doesn't, but neither does DPP. The difference one has the potential to produce the sound I want and the other doesn't.

Worthless? Harsh. :'( Not sure how it is worthless considering Audiolayer can produce drum sounds. Isn't DPP a sample player? If I've misunderstood and it is in fact a drum synth then I've made a mistake. Although, I still prefer not to use it.

• @tja said:

@yowza said:

@Ailerom said:

@Gilbert said:

That guy is the first and only ever, I blocked in this forum 😅😅😅
    For a reason.

Sadly I saw his quote ... should also better be removed from what I see.

Me or Gilbert? Not that I'm upset, I just had a question.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Ailerom said:

@Gilbert said:

DrumPerfect when programmed well sounds great and very nuanced at the output. It is at its best when being used as a drum sequencer /drum sampler combo.

That's fair, but it is just an opinion. One person's The One is another persons none.

• @Ailerom said:

@yowza said:

No it doesn't, but neither does DPP. The difference one has the potential to produce the sound I want and the other doesn't.

Worthless? Harsh. :'( Not sure how it is worthless considering Audiolayer can produce drum sounds. Isn't DPP a sample player? If I've misunderstood and it is in fact a drum synth then I've made a mistake. Although, I still prefer not to use it.

Yes your comparison was worthless as it was posted. DPP is a drum machine with samples along with an advanced sequencer which AL does NOT have. AL just sits there and does nothing unless you send it notes from a sequencer so you need 2 apps to do what DPP can do all by itself. You are treating DPP as if it is strictly a sample player which it's not so your comparison is way off the mark.

• Breaking News: "Man Marries Drum Kit"

• @yowza said:
    Yes your comparison was worthless as it was posted. DPP is a drum machine with samples along with an advanced sequencer which AL does NOT have. AL just sits there and does nothing unless you send it notes from a sequencer so you need 2 apps to do what DPP can do all by itself. You are treating DPP as if it is strictly a sample player which it's not so your comparison is way off the mark.

Ok, I'll accept that what I said had literally no value whatsoever to you personally.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm treating DPP as strictly a sample player but it's certainly not from what I said. If I said that, any fool could see the comparison starts to fall down. I mean, a cow is not a cat but I can still say I prefer the sound of moo over meow right?

I'll simplify it . Post 1: DPP is not the one for me. Post 2: I am only talking about the sound I get from each app.