Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Seeking Powered USB hub recommendatons

2»

Comments

• @supadom said:

Excuse my ignorance but is any of these an all in one solution ?

depends on your skill with tape ;-) otherwise, no.

• Hahaha!!!! :-) I laugh, but I am constantly on the lookout for exactly the same thing. :-)

• DebDeb
    edited September 2014

Did anyone find a USB Hub that will charge and transmit data to the iPad? There are so many different hubs out there I'm not sure which one will work.

I have 1 bus power USB midi and 1 bus power audio device. Both class compliant.

• Wall socket and care free life on IOS7 ;)

• Nice set-up there cowboy...Also perfect for airports.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Nice set-up there cowboy...Also perfect for airports.

The sub is heavy enough to fill up the excess language space ;)

• I'm currently using an iPhone 6 Plus with the lightning to USB adapter to connect a small 4-port Iogear usb hub using a Unu 2000 mah power pack and USB-to-power barrel connector to power the hub. I've got a Fishman Triple Play USB receiver and iRig Pro with it's USB cable adapter connected to the hub. Either the Fishman or iRig will connect using Apple's USB adapter with no problem but to use both at the same time, I have to use the hub and thus have to power it as the iPhone balks upon plugging in an unpowered hub. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience using a Mophie juice pack or other battery case to connect the Apple adapter to a USB hub. I did a chat with Mophie but they couldn't tell me. I'm thinking that if the lightning port on the case supplies any additional juice with the data perhaps it would provide enough power to the hub without my having to dangle a separate power pack off it. Would anyone here know if that's feasible?

• As far as know there is no USB hub that will charge the iPad while it's being used as a USB host (i.e. when used via the camera connection kit cable).

• I've bought this on amazon in germany: http://www.amazon.de/Gilsey-Camera-Connection-Adapter-Reader/dp/B00H8PPSLQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428598776&sr=8-1&keywords=ipad+hub

It has the advantage, that it connects directly to the lightning-port, without a cck. It has also memorycard-slots. It has a 5v input to power devices, but an AC/DC-Adapter for that is not included.

There does not exist a hub that allows hosting usb-devices while charging the ipad currently to my knowledge.

• @Ringleader said:
    Just upgraded to this one. Looks like it is sold out at the moment. http://www.amazon.com/20000mAh-Aluminum-Portable-Multi-Voltage-Technology/dp/B005NGLTZQ/ref=sr_1_4?srs=2528932011&ie=UTF8&qid=1397571390&sr=8-4&keywords=Astro+pro

It is a powerhouse. Powers an apogee one ios while simultaneously charging the ipad (4.5A output!) plus power to spare for external 9v pedals. Note: if you plan to power a guitar pedal with this battery pack, check the polarity! Most pedals are center negative while this is center positive. You will need an adapter to flip polarity (or modify the power cable).

I'm on a mission to have the smallest modular rig possible that fits in my tablet bag so I am actually using it as a mini pedalboard. Your best rig is the one you always have with you! It fits two standard sized pedals next to each other with only about 1/2" overhang at the top. Very cool!

I sighned up to audiobus just to ask you a couple of questions.

I plan on connecting guitar pedals to this anker device. Where can i buy an adaptor to flip the polarity? Can you send me a link i tried looking for one on the internet but i dont know what they are as i no nothing about electronics.

Question 2- can you tell me how i would modify the power cable? I also have a 12v guitar pedal called the tc-helicon voicelive 3 (that i want to run completely seperate to my other 9v pedals) so how would i get The barrel plug of my voivelive 3 onto the ankers 12v barrel cable? Basicaly im asking how to modify the power cable?

Cheers