Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited September 2017

:o this update is fire!

• Double keyboard and direct keyboard access from the piano roll will be great.

• Markers improvements aren't warping yet, right?

• I'm curious. Does applying global scale finally give us a scale locked piano roll ? If yes I'm definitely excited :D if not. Meh.
    The sample editing updates are nice though.

• @mathieugarcia someone's been busy...

BeatMaker 3.0.3 has been submitted to Apple
    While we wait for the update to be reviewed, here are the full update notes of BeatMaker 3.0.3:

Added a keyboard shortcut in the global navigation bar for quick access of the currently selected instrument, from any screen.
    Double keyboard mode is now available in the full-screen keyboard screen.
    It is now possible to adjust the master tuning of a session (Settings > GENERAL).
    Max undo/redo history is now 64.
    Visual improvements on the sample editor markers, selection and tools.
    Visual improvements on the audio export panel.
    Improved the GENERAL settings, cleaner CPU/RAM meters and options.
    Preview volume setting now applies to the sample editor and audio recorder previews.
    Added copy & paste in pattern editor.
    Added two new slice snapping (left/right) tools in the full-screen sample editor. The default behavior can also be set in the settings screen.
    6-band EQ graph now shows frequencies up to 20kHz.
    It is now possible to draw the note length by long-pressing a new note on the pattern editor.
    When a track is muted (or excluded from the solo group), no MIDI data will be sent on output.
    It is now possible to set the current chord/scale from the full-screen keyboard.
    It is now possible to scroll piano roll vertically using left keyboard.
    Peak meters cosmetic improvements.
    It is now possible to set SCENE trigger quantize value In the perform screen in SCENE mode.
    Chords/Scales screens are now available along with the velocity, roll and wheels zone.
    Added “Fade In” parameter in sampler SLICE mode. Note that this is a shortcut to the amplitude envelope Attack parameter.
    Full-screen step modulator improvements: display the value tooltip and the small keyboard.
    Fixed multiple crashes that would occur while editing and managing samples and layers in the editor.
    Fixed various sample start/end and loop start/end related issues.
    Fixed a crash that would happen while exporting, with samples in disk streaming mode.
    Fixed reading of samples that have more than 2 channels.
    Fixed a visual glitch in the library browser category filters and results, that would bogusly get stuck, showing no items.
    Fixed a visual glitch in the audio export panel that would make it impossible to export multiple tracks in WAV format.
    Fixed an issue where loading a preset on an existing bank would change the current bank and bank group.
    Fixed an issue with the MIDI OMNI settings button.
    Fixed an issue where AIFF samples were not tagged properly.
    Fixed an issue with MIDI device listing in the settings screen.
    Fixed auto-scale crash on audio clips on the sequencer.
    Fixed trigger of audio pattern in SCENE mode.
    Fixed MIDI transposition selection.
    Fixed pads / solo bug where bank would stay in solo after disabling solo on last pad.
    Fixed file size labels for files smaller than 1kB, which would bogusly display “0 byte”.
    Fixed a crash that could happen while displaying a delete modulator.
    Fixed support of Bluetooth speakers (through A2DP / iOS10+ only).
    Fixed effects preset listing glitch.
    Fixed an issue where the sample selection would not reset upon sample, pad, bank or session change.
    Fixed a crash that would happen while changing the default audio preview volume after creating a new session.
    Fixed peak meter highest value indicators that wouldn't decay down completely.
    Fixed an crash that could happen while loading a session from the welcome screen while an iOS pop-up appeared.
    Fixed missing elapsed time label on the audio recorder.
    Fixed an issue with layers folders in the editor SAMPLES tab.
    Minor visual improvements around the app.

• Fixed a visual glitch in the library browser category filters and results, that would bogusly get stuck, showing no items.

• tjatja
    edited September 2017

I just can't believe it.

The third update and still no sign of the missing MIDI stuff - things that were already there at the pre-release beta version.

It seems, they don't want to fix this / add this.

****speechless****

For me, this is straight the wrong list of priorities, @mathieugarcia

• @tja said:
    I just can't believe it.

The third update and still no sign of the missing MIDI stuff - things that were already there at the pre-release beta version.

****speechless****

I think they just want to fix glitches/crashes first, then get to the more major remodeling later. I hope so.

• @alb I agree.
    They are mending the quick and easy. Stuff that effects the general public.
    Then they have the time to mend / insert what we require.......
    That's what I'm telling myself.

It makes me feel better

• @Nicebutfun said:
    @alb I agree.
    They are mending the quick and easy. Stuff that effects the general public.
    Then they have the time to mend / insert what we require.......
    That's what I'm telling myself.

It makes me feel better

+1

• You know what makes me feel better? I bought it for $20. Seriously, even if they never got around to some of the oft-requested features (even those in the pre-release betas), do I think BM3 is worth $20? HELL YES.

The fact that they probably will get around to a chunk of what I'd like to see is just icing on the cake. We live in amazing times... Teleport this app back to 20-year-old me and I'd swear that it was magic.

• @tja what "missing midi stuff" do you mean? It connects with other apps and external gear just fine... macros... what more can you ask for?

• edited September 2017

@tja said:
    I just can't believe it.

****speechless****

For the sake of efficiency (etc) these things often need to be done in bundles or groups, rooms...

(Insert stunning, well thought out home renovation analogy here.)

• @ALB said:

<...>

@Nicebutfun said:

<...>

@AudioGus said:

<...>

Yes, i hope so and wait :smile:

• @tja said:
    I just can't believe it.

****speechless****

Not sure what you're missing...I'm sampling my Dave Smith AS-1 and Minilogue fine while using my Circuit to sequence them...

Just curious as to what you're missing Midi wise?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    You know what makes me feel better? I bought it for $20. Seriously, even if they never got around to some of the oft-requested features (even those in the pre-release betas), do I think BM3 is worth $20? HELL YES.

The fact that they probably will get around to a chunk of what I'd like to see is just icing on the cake. We live in amazing times... Teleport this app back to 20-year-old me and I'd swear that it was magic.

• tjatja
    edited September 2017

First an foremost AudioBus MIDI Sender.

I cannot use it as DAW when I cannot let it send MIDI - and no, I don't want to run IAA or AU Apps inside of Beatmaker, I want to have it AB3 and AUM.

And MIDI Out only works for the currently selected Pad,
    And then, as far as I remember, MIDI input also does only work for the currently selected Pad.

And sequencing with automation is also not possible, IIRC.

Those are some threads where this is discussed:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19973/bm3-modstep/p1

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19958/bm3-and-external-synths-not-working

I am just waiting for the MIDI gurus like @gonekrazy3000 to yell "Yes, it works!" instead of complaining that MIDI sequencing is just barebone or similar comments :wink:

• Cool. Thanks for the specifics. I'm sure these will get fixed when they get around to them.

• edited September 2017

@tja You're voicing your opinion very loudly here, but your assumptions are incorrect. While it does take some adjustment, MIDI is actually very deep in BM3. While I've had to take time to become familiar with its 'logic', I've not yet found anything that I can't accomplish or at least work around until the many confirmed fixes are implemented. I use very complicated performance configs with lots of audio and MIDI sends and returns.

Being loud, angry and negative is detrimental to both the community in general and Intuas business interests (which are also our interests, if we want BM3 to grow and flourish!). I would also like more AB integration and there are other features I'm waiting eagerly for. I'm sure they'll come with time! (pre/post sends in 3.0.4 - woohoo!)

Let's be positive and support the development of of the app, rather than spreading negativity and misleading blanket statements. This is a fantastic update! BM3 is a fantastic piece of software. It's revolutionised how I work and what I can do with my tools, I use it every single day and each day I discover new and deeper functionality and possibility!

• tjatja
    edited September 2017

It is just that i heared many interesting things about the pre-release beta version - all of which was not included in the release and after the 3rd update it is still not there.
    That kind of frustrates me.

I get the impression, that MIDI stuff is not very important for the devs - and that is all i said!
    Then again, Nanostudio 2 will first come with MIDI only, no Audio tracks - that seems to fit my bill better :smile:

I quote myself and cannot see something loud and angry, not even negative - i just describe that my list of priorities is different. And yes, you can "see" my frustration.
    And i also wanted to get this to the developers.

Please read again:

@tja said:
    I just can't believe it.

****speechless****

• Nice to see copy/paste added to the pattern editor, I hope at some point we can get copy/paste in the song editor, speaking of pattern editor, I hope soon we'll be able to start playing from where ever the cursor is and not have to play from the beginning. No complaints here though, I thinks its coming along nicely, it's barely 2 months since the release date of BM3 and were already about to get a third update, before the last update people were complaining about it only having 8 banks and now we have 128, lol, I think were in good shape thus far, as long as the next update doesnt crash Im happy, Ive been busting my ass making drum kits and instrument banks.

Now what I REALLY want to see is whats going to happen with BM3 and IOS11, in particular being able to send audio and midi in and out via lighting cable to my MacBook pro, if we could use Kontakt and Massive in BM3's sequencer via lightning cable that would be amazing.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    You know what makes me feel better? I bought it for $20. Seriously, even if they never got around to some of the oft-requested features (even those in the pre-release betas), do I think BM3 is worth $20? HELL YES.

I'm not a hypeman but i gotta agree with this. It's not about settling but folks bitching over software that was $20 which can make a creative product worth many times over its price? Hilariously ridiculous. Lol

BM3 isn't perfect but it's a tool that is quite capable for the price. Have patience and let's get to making some music other than unwarranted bitching.

• @TheMediocritist said:
    Double keyboard and direct keyboard access from the piano roll will be great.

I think double keyboard is only for BM3 keyboard sampler not AU/AB/IAA.

• @tja said:
    It is just that i heared many interesting things about the pre-release beta version - all of which was not included in the release and after the 3rd update it is still not there.

I get the impression, that MIDI stuff is not very important for the devs - and that is all i said!
    Then again, Nanostudio 2 will first come with MIDI only, no Audio tracks - that seems to fit my bill better :smile:

I quote myself and cannot see something loud and angry, not even negative - i just describe that my list of priorities is different. And yes, you can "see" my frustration.

Please read again:

@tja said:
    I just can't believe it.

****speechless****

It is difficult to know what someone else's priorities are without hearing it directly from them. These things are often not simple linear equations. For example, my priority is to retire. Then why am I still going to work? :)

• @philowerx said:

@TheMediocritist said:

I was told it worked on any pad ?

• @Samplemunch said:

@philowerx said:

@TheMediocritist said:

I was told it worked on any pad ?

I can’t see why it wouldn’t!

• @tja said:

Please read again:

@tja said:
    I just can't believe it.

****speechless****

Well...it's funny that you place all your hopes in NanoStudio 2...which isn't due for release until Decemberish...it looks to be a good app...but by Xmas, I think BM3 will be in a very good and amazing place...

I dunno...I am really loving it and all the great updates.

Call me a glass half full person...ho hey.... :)

• Back to the topic, nobody has really discussed the addition of a master session tuning function, but that's a huge thing for me! Totally unexpected too!

• @OscarSouth said:
    Back to the topic, nobody has really discussed the addition of a master session tuning function, but that's a huge thing for me! Totally unexpected too!

I saw the feature but to be honest I'm not exactly sure what I meant?