Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: consider backing this NDLR a-multi-part-polyphonic-arpeggiator

Since I'm starting a small hardware collection this looks awesome.

It is a new MIDI device that defines a new place in your synth studio. It fits between your sequencer and keyboard controllers and your sound modules. Plays sequences of notes over several MIDI channels so you can keep your fingers tweaking patches and twisting knobs.

The NDLR can play up to eight synthesizers via MIDI. It can independently send...

• a bass line to one synth.
  • an arpeggiated sequence to your favorite lead synth.
  • chord notes of a selectable range and position to up to four synthesizers by using interleaved poly-chaining.
  • a drone note targeting those exotic evolving synths.
  • a transposed MIDI pass-through. Transposes from the key of “C” on your favorite external sequencer or keyboard controller into the current chord notes.

A ring of seven buttons enables playing any chord degree directly. When shifted, the same buttons allow you to pick chord types: triads, 7ths, 9ths, and suspensions, etc. The sonorities of these chords, major, minor, diminished... are automatically selected based on the chord degree and the key and mode chosen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thendlr/the-ndlr-a-multi-part-polyphonic-arpeggiator

Comments

• edited October 2017

Has met it's target and there is a stretch goal:

Get this Kickstarter up to $45K, and we will add an arpeggio Pattern and Rhythm editor!

• While in Pattern Editor mode, you will be able to create a note pattern that will play against the selected diatonic scale (or chord notes depending on mode).
    • You can also set the number of octaves the pattern will play across.
    • You can save and recall patterns in the Pattern editor.
    • Once saved, the patterns will be selectable with the pattern knobs. The saved patterns will follow in the list of predefined patterns.
    • While in Rhythm editor mode, you can recall and store rhythm patterns. For each note and rest in the pattern, you can set note length

Nice Demo of the unit in action:

• I've been dribbling over this the last few days...
    The $45k arpeggio Pattern and Rhythm editor is such an incredible bonus - I hope it gets there.

• @Mayo said:
    The $45k arpeggio Pattern and Rhythm editor is such an incredible bonus - I hope it gets there.

Just did my bit and got the bonus tee shirt :smile:

I think it will be useful for getting raw material into a sequencer for later manipulation and is just so immediate for pushing out to a bunch of synths without too much thinking involved.

• @chris_foster said:
    Get this Kickstarter up to $45K, and we will add an arpeggio Pattern and Rhythm editor!

Stretch goal met..yes!

5 days left to pick one up @ $199

• That's too cool!

• edited October 2017

New $50k stretch goal with 69 hours to go!

Hardware clock/sync output on an 1/8" (3.5mm) jack.

• Configurable for common clock at 1 Pulse Per Quarter note (1 PPQ)
    • Supports Korg Volca @ 2 PPQ
    • Clock divide for slowing down an external sequencer*, great for slowing down chord sequences.

If we see a good reaction to this, there are a couple of other CV related interfaces we could do.

*In our tests, not all sequencers can clock much below their internal minimum clock rate. Expect some trial and error to determine how slow your sequencer can go

• Yes! stretch goal met: Hardware clock/sync output on an 1/8" (3.5mm) jack

12 hours left to snag one @ $199 with hardware sync to the Volcas