Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What?? No new apps??

I have not heard of any new apps last few days

Am I missing something??

Comments

• The point?

(Sorry, no offence intended.. I just wanted to do it)

• edited September 2017

That chorus came out from the RP1 guy, think that's about it. I don't have it but based on Soundtestroom vid, I wouldn't recommend it.

• @OscarSouth said:
    The point?

(Sorry, no offence intended.. I just wanted to do it)

The point is I am not always able to catch the latest app news and I want to buy a new app lol

That's all

• Dischord or musicappblog could help you to stay uptodate :wink:

• @OscarSouth said:
    The point?

The Point?

Is that some kind of frequency alteration. ;)

• It is quite interesting- there is a downward turn in the amount of new apps coming out - where we may have previously thought that they would come thick and fast and with ever increasing functionality. There was an interesting discussion started by myself in a thread called- 'the law of diminishing apps' (I would leave a link but I don't know how)
    Anyway- my own sense is that we have almost everything that we need now to make most excellent music with on iOS. All I am really waiting for now is Propellerhead Reason Mobile to appear- which I think may be the icing on the cake- and my happiness will be complete....... ( hopefully).

• Good we need a break! To learn what we've got.

• @robosardine said:
    It is quite interesting- there is a downward turn in the amount of new apps coming out - where we may have previously thought that they would come thick and fast and with ever increasing functionality. There was an interesting discussion started by myself in a thread called- 'the law of diminishing apps' (I would leave a link but I don't know how)
    Anyway- my own sense is that we have almost everything that we need now to make most excellent music with on iOS. All I am really waiting for now is Propellerhead Reason Mobile to appear- which I think may be the icing on the cake- and my happiness will be complete....... ( hopefully).

I am not expecting reason mobile to be amazing, Thor and then selling figure to aligoopa tell me that the props will not exert too much effort on their future offerings which is a damned shame

NS2 will suffice :)

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Good we need a break! To learn what we've got.

@Jumpercollins said:

That's very very true...

• It's ok, crisis over, I remembered that I didn't have imono/poly so I grabbed it and love it to bits. Such a joy to tweak and some great sounds there!!

Reinstalling gadget now lol

• edited September 2017

@oat_phipps said:
    That chorus came out from the RP1 guy, think that's about it. I don't have it but based on Soundtestroom vid, I wouldn't recommend it.

I have the VC-1 app you reference. What the STR vid unfortunately doesn't really cover in his typical cursory preset run-through, are the features to significantly widen the illusion of stereo field and 3D spatial widening. It does this very well IMO.

You can get similar control With some of the Fabfilter IAPs, but I think what VC-1 does is a bit more convincing and doesn't require AP. It's also AUv3.

Not essential, but very useful for what it does.

• Personally, I think it's a good thing to take a break from buying that shiny new toy and not just for a cost reason.
    I even stopped myself from downloading Beathawk for free. Call me stupid, but it was 1gb and it's a case of learning a whole new app instead of just concentrating on writing.
    I truly do think that we are 'spoilt' at the moment in this IOS world, where there is so much choice available at a decent price.
    I've given my self a self imposed moratorium so that I can get the best I can out of what I've got. There's a method to the madness in that you can work better and more productively with limitations!
    It's the same reason that I didn't buy Beatmaker 3.
    If I bought every shiny new toy, it would be yet another excuse to not finish songs.

• @Love3quency said:

@robosardine said:
    It is quite interesting- there is a downward turn in the amount of new apps coming out - where we may have previously thought that they would come thick and fast and with ever increasing functionality. There was an interesting discussion started by myself in a thread called- 'the law of diminishing apps' (I would leave a link but I don't know how)

I am not expecting reason mobile to be amazing, Thor and then selling figure to aligoopa tell me that the props will not exert too much effort on their future offerings which is a damned shame

I am not at all sure what you are meaning?
    What about Thor?
    Figure sold to Alihoopa- what about it?- brilliant app- sold for money In the bank to invest in future productions- like perhaps Reason Mobile- sounds ok and sensible to me?
    Can you provide some substance or reasoning as to the deductions that you are making? You think Propellerhead would lack effort in producing a new music app- thereby compromising their reputation and integrity??

Please elucidate.

• @robosardine said:

@Love3quency said:

@robosardine said:

I am not at all sure what you are meaning?
    What about Thor?
    Figure sold to Alihoopa- what about it?- brilliant app- sold for money In the bank to invest in future productions- like perhaps Reason Mobile- sounds ok and sensible to me?
    Can you provide some substance or reasoning as to the deductions that you are making? You think Propellerhead would lack effort in producing a new music app- thereby compromising their reputation and integrity??

Please elucidate.

They have made three apps in so many years: rebirth which was removed by Roland's demands, figure- cool but limited to built in sounds and hardly any updates then sold. Thor, a good synth but hardly updated.

This tells me that they have one pro app on the AppStore and a huge customer base for desktop users and frequent updates for such.

Their loyalties and interests lie not with the likes of us who pay pennies for apps... they want the big bucks lol

I guess I'm being (reason)able in my deductions right?

• Possibly- but coming from a person who doesn't use midi etc (though I do use Link) - updates don't really bother me. Rebirth is still the closest iOS emulator of all. Figure has a brilliant & easy to use interface- there are enough good sounds in it to make some dynamic audio clips when used with it's internal tweaks and then through any number of iOS effects.
    They will clean up if they can produce a good mobile version of Reason- and sell a ton of apps. I would imagine that there would be very few iOS music producers who will not be interested enough to shell out a few quid for this app should it be even moderately well received. If ever there was to be a no brainier instabuy- then surely this would be it. If they put the effort in- they will make a fortune. If they don't- and produce a turkey- it will crash and burn like so many others. I do have high expectations - based on their history, reputation, fanbase, demonstrable quality and notwithstanding my fondness for Figure.
    If it were only pennies for apps - and the effort was too much- then they would not do it.

• @Jumpercollins said:

QUOTE OF THE DAY :wink:

• @robosardine said:
    Possibly- but coming from a person who doesn't use midi etc (though I do use Link) - updates don't really bother me. Rebirth is still the closest iOS emulator of all. Figure has a brilliant & easy to use interface- there are enough good sounds in it to make some dynamic audio clips when used with it's internal tweaks and then through any number of iOS effects.
    They will clean up if they can produce a good mobile version of Reason- and sell a ton of apps. I would imagine that there would be very few iOS music producers who will not be interested enough to shell out a few quid for this app should it be even moderately well received. If ever there was to be a no brainier instabuy- then surely this would be it. If they put the effort in- they will make a fortune. If they don't- and produce a turkey- it will crash and burn like so many others. I do have high expectations - based on their history, reputation, fanbase, demonstrable quality and notwithstanding my fondness for Figure.
    If it were only pennies for apps - and the effort was too much- then they would not do it.

That's my point

WILL they make an effort and release a pro iOS version of reason??

"If" they did, it would likely bring many more into the iOS music scene, thus benefitting other devs too

Maybe it will be like gadget with its own constant iap updates

I do hope so as reason is amazing

• @Love3quency said:

@robosardine said:
    Possibly- but coming from a person who doesn't use midi etc (though I do use Link) - updates don't really bother me. Rebirth is still the closest iOS emulator of all. Figure has a brilliant & easy to use interface- there are enough good sounds in it to make some dynamic audio clips when used with it's internal tweaks and then through any number of iOS effects.

That's my point

"If" they did, it would likely bring many more into the iOS music scene, thus benefitting other devs too

Some things to ponder:

1. Propellerhead didn't sell figure to Alioopa, they created alioopa.

2. Propellerhead just advertised positions for iOS developers at Reason HQ

3. Propellerhead added Ableton Link to Reason (the only 3rd party DAW to add link so far..)

4. Propellerhead created their own platform agnostic plugin format.. Rack Extensions. They can run on any platform that has a host made by propellerheads. The same code base is used for mac/pc for example. Now imagine an iOS AU wrapper for Rack Exstensions :smile:
      one little AU wrapper and they change the whole iOS music platform.

5. Then maybe they drop Reason rack as a host with sequencer. Most likely to coincide with Reason10 and with performance/session mode like ableton.
      That way they beat Gadget by coming into the market with a similar sequencer, but vastly more 'Gadgets' (their version of gadgets - rack extensions), plus if you buy rack extensions you can use them outside of Reason Mobile. And they beat them on song export, because you can export as a Reason file.

• @mireko_2 said:

@Love3quency said:

@robosardine said:

That's my point

Some things to ponder:

1. Propellerhead didn't sell figure to Alioopa, they created alioopa.

2. Propellerhead just advertised positions for iOS developers at Reason HQ

3. Propellerhead added Ableton Link to Reason (the only 3rd party DAW to add link so far..)

4. Propellerhead created their own platform agnostic plugin format.. Rack Extensions. They can run on any platform that has a host made by propellerheads. The same code base is used for mac/pc for example. Now imagine an iOS AU wrapper for Rack Exstensions :smile:
      one little AU wrapper and they change the whole iOS music platform.

5. Then maybe they drop Reason rack as a host with sequencer. Most likely to coincide with Reason10 and with performance/session mode like ableton.
      That way they beat Gadget by coming into the market with a similar sequencer, but vastly more 'Gadgets' (their version of gadgets - rack extensions), plus if you buy rack extensions you can use them outside of Reason Mobile. And they beat them on song export, because you can export as a Reason file.

Very informative , thank you @mireko_2

• Damn it! This reminded me that Rebirth will be useless after an update to 11!

• @Tritonman said:
    Damn it! This reminded me that Rebirth will be useless after an update to 11!

Nope. It will not.

• @Tritonman said:

Isn't it useless already?

• @Redo1 said:

@Tritonman said:

Isn't it useless already?

I find it very, very, very useless. Almost on the scale of tremendously useless.
    This is THE app I regret spending money on.
    No rebirth for Rebirth.