Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Axon is on its way to iOS from Audio Damage.

Comments

• Any idea when this feller will be live?

• I'll gladly just take the latter

• edited September 2017

Yeah I'm trying here with phosphor 2. It is too small on the mini. Confirmed.
    Respect for all the work done but it's not usable as is. Don't have many apps like that. Needs fixing. (I'm assuming the people posting to get over it are not using a mini)

And that's why I suggested something like an overlapping 2 screen/page ui rather than enlarging just the space invaders in the existing setup. All of the sliders need to be bigger too.
    Not trying to be an ungrateful ass. I want to see these quality apps rid of the frustrations for all.

Like, the sacrifice should not be that everything is small but rather that maybe you need to scroll a bit or switch between pages.

Thor solution as a good example with the 'expand'able modules

(Again I am not talking about an iPhone version)

• @Chris_Randall honestly man you don't need to explain why you do or don't support iPhone. As a developer of interesting and powerful audio tools I want everything you can give me so I'd be 100% happy with iPad only plug ins from you.

You are free to create what your mind envisions. Just keep doing that to insure the integrity of that vision. B)

• @echoopera said:
    @Chris_Randall honestly man you don't need to explain why you do or don't support iPhone. As a developer of interesting and powerful audio tools I want everything you can give me so I'd be 100% happy with iPad only plug ins from you.

You are free to create what your mind envisions. Just keep doing that to insure the integrity of that vision. B)

Doubleplus this

• edited September 2017

@Chris_Randall said:
    I imagine you guys are getting used to my honesty, so here's another dose for you, and I hope it doesn't piss too many of you off:

I have all the usage numbers in front of me, provided by iTunes Connect, and I know that, despite the people that write in this thread otherwise, the vast majority of you that actually instance our products in sessions (and yes, we can see when that happens, and what device you do it on) use them on full-sized iPads. So if a product is still moderately useful on iPhone without changing anything specifically for that format, we release it for iPhone as well. But once it gets to where it's not really usable (the border being Replicant 2, which is right on the edge) we have to exhibit some tough love.

If our iOS line gets to the point where we can hire someone to deal with it exclusively, you'll see more iOS-specific stuff. But until that magical time occurs, we can't diverge too much from the desktop products.

Ok. Well, as far as your "tough love" shooting from the hip honesty, yada-yada... I only asked about Phosphor 2 on iPhone because you said when it launched the iPhone version would be trailing by about a week. Add to that, your own appstore app description for Phosphor 2 still says "iPhone version coming soon"

I don't really care that much. Was just wondering if it was still coming.

• I recently bought this for my Mac - and will be very happy to have it running on my iPad at the same time!

• Looks like it has been a week now.. she must be ready to pop! This would go nicely with my post colonoscopy sedation buzz I will have goin on tomorrow.

• @AudioGus said:

Looks like it has been a week now.. she must be ready to pop! This would go nicely with my post colonoscopy sedation buzz I will have goin on tomorrow.

1. Timestamp is Oct. 9. A week? Are you from the future?
    2. Far too much information. Even among friends.
  • edited October 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

Looks like it has been a week now.. she must be ready to pop! This would go nicely with my post colonoscopy sedation buzz I will have goin on tomorrow.

One. Timestamp is Oct. 9. A week? Are you from the future?

Two. Far too much information. Even among friends.

I'll post more pics tomorrow!

• @AudioGus said:

Dude, ew. :D

• @AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

One. Timestamp is Oct. 9. A week? Are you from the future?

Two. Far too much information. Even among friends.

I'll post more pics tomorrow!

hahah.
    I misunderstood your first meaning.

• Mhh.

A day, mostly.

• Purchased. :)

• edited October 2017

Woohoo! Thanks for the goods!

No thanks to Mr. Tease up there... ;)

• "....surprisingly intuitive once you get the knack of it...."

I'm going to need hand-holding aren't I?

• @AudioGus said:

Woohoo! Thanks for the goods!

No thanks to Mr. Tease up there... ;)

Hehe, ah, sorry. Actually run AB forum on my desktop iMac, but I (obviously) downloaded it into my iPad, so didn't have a link to offer (thanks to iTunes). Have already lost 40 minutes to it in BM3 along with LayR. Great fun. :)

• This is fun

• edited October 2017

Axon MIDI out to Ruismaker FM. Zero out the Axon master to just hear Ruis. Then sync in Ruis’ own patterns. Tidy!

[Edit: There’s MIDI out per drum. Awesome.]

• Random addict that I am, I have tapped every single part of the screen to see if there is a random function... :smiley:

I will not sulk.

• @gusgranite said:
    Random addict that I am, I have tapped every single part of the screen to see if there is a random function... :smiley:

I will not sulk.

Til such time as random is added, be the random (pretty random myself)

Meanwhile the thing is sick (neat-o)

• edited October 2017

Any good? Does it live up to the stellar AudioDamage pedigre? :)

• edited October 2017

full screen mode is clever in AUM.
    For now you could always make your own randomiser and send it to AUM, eg I have a Lemur patch. :)
    It has loads of parameters to map though......
    hope this gets AB3 midi sending sometime

• Damn. He wasn't joking when he said it would be too cramped on the iPad Mini. I gotta pass on it, unfortunately.

• edited October 2017

Ok just got the hang of the sequencer, press network mode to change connections.
    Yep I like this :)
    I'm not a big fan of typing in drum patterns in a grid so this kind of thing is much more fun for me.
    Managed to crash AUM a couple of times with it so far.

• @skiphunt said:

In my opinion, yes. More rhythms, more sounds, and different to any other app on my iPad.

It also makes me want to get in the basement to find my Autechre - Anti EP and play Flutter again.

• @gusgranite said:

@skiphunt said:

In my opinion, yes. More rhythms, more sounds, and different to any other app on my iPad.

It also makes me want to get in the basement to find my Autechre - Anti EP and play Flutter again.

I’ve got it, but struggling to figure out the sequencer. I get the network setting and linking nodes, but all are playing at the same time instead of any kind of sequential manner. The presets all play in interesting and somewhat generative sequences, but haven’t figured out how to make my own linked network to play in sequence.