Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Axon is on its way to iOS from Audio Damage.

Comments

• Awesome!!

• Ow that looks wonderful!

• It's been at least a week since the last release, about time these slackers got back on the horse. ;)

Can't wait to add to my AD collection.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Like the look of this feller, might break my app-buying fast

• Isn't it time Jlila got Sector onto the planet AU

• @MonzoPro said:
    Like the look of this feller, might break my app-buying fast

>

Yes, this looks up my strasse, too. Clever peeps, these AD boys.

• @supadom said:
    Isn't it time Jlila got Sector onto the planet AU

Exactly what I was thinking watching that video

• Give @Chris_Randall more caffeine or amphetamine so he gets it released quicker lol

• Axon is probably my all time favourite VSTi on the desktop. Cannot wait to program new presets for it while I am sitting on the train....

• @d4d0ug said:
    Interesting - so it's a randomizer / sequencer is it? is it going to be AU? Cos I didn't think AU could have midi outs or does it have its own sounds?

There is nothing random about Axon at all. It is a tiny artificial neural network where we have replaced the learning mode normal in ANN with certain controls, and this ANN acts as a sequencer. The voices are seven FM percussion synths. There is a bit of a learning curve to program it, (or really a leap of imagination more than anything) but once you get the knack of it, it is pretty easy.

It makes a particular kind of rhythm; it will remind you of Euclidian rhythms such as those that something like Ruismaker does (and, in practice, any two nodes are a Euclidian pair) but the way they connect is very different.

As for MIDI, the AUv3, when it ships, will not have MIDI out, but this will theoretically change. iOS 11 is bringing MIDI out to AUv3, but we have to wait for JUCE to add it before we can build it with that specific feature. It shouldn't be too long after that, though. The standalone will, of course, have MIDI out and IAA.

• Brilliant news

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The new one, while it looks quite a bit different, is more or less the same in operation as the old one, and the videos we made years ago still apply. Here's an overview video:

And here's a tutorial on how to program the ANN sequencer:

• edited September 2017

@Chris_Randall
    So glad y'all are bringing us Axon, hijinks will ensue!

• @Chris_Randall is this gonna be iPad only like phosphor or will u do universal?

You did promise universal phosphor but it's been weeks ( u said 2 weeks lol)

• @TheVimFuego said:
    It's been at least a week since the last release, about time these slackers got back on the horse. ;)

Can't wait to add to my AD collection.

Give 'em hell!
    ;)

• Great stuff I love unusual sequencers, any idea of when and how much?

• @Carnbot said:
    Great stuff I love unusual sequencers, any idea of when and how much?

6 bucks

• @Chris_Randall said:

@d4d0ug said:
    Interesting - so it's a randomizer / sequencer is it? is it going to be AU? Cos I didn't think AU could have midi outs or does it have its own sounds?

There is nothing random about Axon at all. It is a tiny artificial neural network where we have replaced the learning mode normal in ANN with certain controls, and this ANN acts as a sequencer. The voices are seven FM percussion synths. There is a bit of a learning curve to program it, (or really a leap of imagination more than anything) but once you get the knack of it, it is pretty easy.

It makes a particular kind of rhythm; it will remind you of Euclidian rhythms such as those that something like Ruismaker does (and, in practice, any two nodes are a Euclidian pair) but the way they connect is very different.

As for MIDI, the AUv3, when it ships, will not have MIDI out, but this will theoretically change. iOS 11 is bringing MIDI out to AUv3, but we have to wait for JUCE to add it before we can build it with that specific feature. It shouldn't be too long after that, though. The standalone will, of course, have MIDI out and IAA.

Thank you for making my music better.

• @Chris_Randall Will Axon be universal? And is Phosphor 2 universal still coming? Or, did it hit a snag?

• edited September 2017

Looking forward to this. Been using phosphor 2,more lately. Really like it. My only issue as with some of the other AD apps is the size of the controls on my mini2.
    If there is any way to increase the size on the smallest controls......would make my day. I'm sure others as well.

Yup trying again. It is almost unusable unfortunately. Obviously not built for the mini.

• I imagine you guys are getting used to my honesty, so here's another dose for you, and I hope it doesn't piss too many of you off:

I have all the usage numbers in front of me, provided by iTunes Connect, and I know that, despite the people that write in this thread otherwise, the vast majority of you that actually instance our products in sessions (and yes, we can see when that happens, and what device you do it on) use them on full-sized iPads. So if a product is still moderately useful on iPhone without changing anything specifically for that format, we release it for iPhone as well. But once it gets to where it's not really usable (the border being Replicant 2, which is right on the edge) we have to exhibit some tough love.

If our iOS line gets to the point where we can hire someone to deal with it exclusively, you'll see more iOS-specific stuff. But until that magical time occurs, we can't diverge too much from the desktop products.

• Makes sense, must be pretty tiny numbers for iphone. I consider it a bonus if it's iphone compatible but not essential. As said before elsewhere ipads are cheaper than iphones too. :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Makes sense, must be pretty tiny numbers for iphone. I consider it a bonus if it's iphone compatible but not essential. As said before elsewhere ipads are cheaper than iphones too. :)

Every time someone asks me if the iPhone version can be bigger, I always want to say "no, but your screen can!" I should try that some time.

• edited September 2017

I get the iPhone being too small. But the iPad mini should be large enough for some easy enough solution. Just about everything needs to be bigger so maybe some kind of overlapping 2 page system you can tap on to slide overtop partially. Would have to,study and think more but certainly something could be figured out.
    There should never be a situation where I have to tap on something 2-5 times before it is selected like the alien dude next to CTRL. Wow is that area(CLEAR CTRL alien dude) ever frustrating.

Also while I think of it. Why not have the presets menu drop all the way down if nothing else outside of it is going to be accessible? Not sure why apps do this. If the rest of the app is accessible while the menu is down that is one thing,....

• The size of everything is fine. Clicking the Phosphor Space Invaders is the only thing that has ever given me problems; a little focus will do ya.

• Just focus on what gives us the best experience from your mad genius mind.

• edited September 2017

I guess my point is this: there is a more-or-less hard limit to what I can accomplish without drastically changing the UI. If I just make the space invader dudes bigger, there are four of them. So that's 16 values that have to be trial-and-errored in to place (x, y, width, height). Plus, do they then overlap anything? Overlaps mean something else has to be moved. I then have to decide how I'm going to do it, since it will be different on the iPad Mini than it will be on the normal iPads. I have to make an if/then/else comparator. Then I have forked from the desktop version. So do I rebuild all 14 of those, or just live with the fork. And then, down the road, when we update, we have a fork to deal with and two code bases instead of one.

Repeat for the 190 controls in Phosphor.

Etc. etc. etc.

As is the way of all things, you can have it fast, you can have it cheap, or or you can have it good. Pick two.