Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT : New project I'm mixing

I thought I'd share this here, the only role ios has here at the moment is using touch Osc with harrison mixbus (although if I could get music io or studiomux to work correctly with mixbus I could certainly use the processing help!). Tracked live in the empty church where I do sound on Sunday evenings, where the singer sometimes sings, but not a church project. Some very cool songs coming up, one every two weeks. But here's the first two if you are interested, very very different from the original show tunes so don't be scared away if you think show tunes are not your thing :

Comments

• Tracked through a Yamaha m7cl via ethernet Asio streamer into a windows laptop (my only use for windows) into reaper, then mixed on harrison mixbus on my macbook air (which is being pushed to its absolute max when mixing, not really built for it). Maybe I'll do a video and compare mixbus and auria....

• @mrufino1 Wow. Sujin is a monster pianist and the cat has some serious pipes. I liked the "Carefully Taught" video on the account too, but I'm watching thinking "Is this the footage of the real tracking or an "in studio" performance video?!" Because if that was recorded in that room, no treatment, mic next to a window...damn, sounded EXCELLENT.

That Yamaha board is the new cut of the older Yamaha digital mixers, the PD5 (?) I think was the name, then of course the old 02's, but I really dug the sounds. Punchy, warm and very pro.

The Harrison MixBus, especially the latest version based on the old 32C desk, is badass. Auria certainly isn't going to be mistaken for MixBus, yes Auria (my choden DAW) is extraordinary, but MixBus is purpose built for mixing with tons of routing and monitoring options.

Great stuff man, always love seeing what other guys are up to.

• @JRSIV said:
    @mrufino1 Wow. Sujin is a monster pianist and the cat has some serious pipes. I liked the "Carefully Taught" video on the account too, but I'm watching thinking "Is this the footage of the real tracking or an "in studio" performance video?!" Because if that was recorded in that room, no treatment, mic next to a window...damn, sounded EXCELLENT.

That Yamaha board is the new cut of the older Yamaha digital mixers, the PD5 (?) I think was the name, then of course the old 02's, but I really dug the sounds. Punchy, warm and very pro.

The Harrison MixBus, especially the latest version based on the old 32C desk, is badass. Auria certainly isn't going to be mistaken for MixBus, yes Auria (my choden DAW) is extraordinary, but MixBus is purpose built for mixing with tons of routing and monitoring options.

I'm not sure about the studio video, that's the only song I wasnt involved in. I do know though that the whole idea was to do it live, so it's quite possible that was him tracking it. But yeah, they're really really good, that was a fun two days. I hadn't met sujin before but I hope I can work with her again, and I work with Brandon every so often and its always great. There is only one tiny fix that he dropped in (and I don't tell you where) at the end of the day on the second day, but they did 8 songs from scratch in 2 3 hour sessions, very cool. They are all live - the video itself may be from different takes to get alternate shots but the audio is all from one take on each song.

I didn't really know any of the songs that they did prior to the session - I love what they are doing with the arrangements, when I did the originals on spotify I much prefer these.

I don't have 32c but the difference in sound in mixbus is really noticeable from other daw's, and v4 is a real step forward.

• edited September 2017

@JRSIV said:
    ... I liked the "Carefully Taught" video on the account too, but I'm watching thinking "Is this the footage of the real tracking or an "in studio" performance video?!" Because if that was recorded in that room, no treatment, mic next to a window...damn, sounded EXCELLENT.

seconded, a really nice live mix @mrufino1 :+1:

regarding the plain room shot: he's oriented diagonally to the walls/window and has some voice, so this may work out - but at first glance it's stunning indeed.
    Reminds me on a performance tracked by an Olympus pocket recorder or similiar on the floor in front of the group