Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

URGENT: Audiobus 3 & Ableton Link - not working!!! :(

Hey there I've recently got the new Ipad 9.7 128gb wifi only version. I installed Audiobus 3 on it and loaded up some Ableton Link enabled apps but when attempting to run them in sync they simply failed. The apps I was trying to sync together was DM1 and Beatmaker 2. I'm very disappointed. Can someone shed some light on this please as I feel quite annoyed. In principle Audiobus 3 seems great but in practice it doesn't appear to work. :-( By the way my Ipad isn't an Ipad Pro in case you're wondering. Thanks.

Comments

• According to the AB app list Beatmaker 2 doesn't support link.

• @TheBro said:
    Hey there I've recently got the new Ipad 9.7 128gb wifi only version. I installed Audiobus 3 on it and loaded up some Ableton Link enabled apps but when attempting to run them in sync they simply failed. The apps I was trying to sync together was DM1 and Beatmaker 2. I'm very disappointed. Can someone shed some light on this please as I feel quite annoyed. In principle Audiobus 3 seems great but in practice it doesn't appear to work. :-( By the way my Ipad isn't an Ipad Pro in case you're wondering. Thanks.

Sorry bud. Beatmaker 2 doesn't have link. It's neither Audiobus nor ableton links fault. Works well with beatmaker 3 though.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@TheBro said:

Sorry bud. Beatmaker 2 doesn't have link. It's neither Audiobus nor ableton links fault. Works well with beatmaker 3 though.

I beg to differ

• Yeah Beatmaker 2 definitely supports Ableton Link. Anyways have bypassed Link as it doesn't work and am using Midi Clock instead which does. Anyone recommend a decent audio mixer with wav/mp3 rendering to put on the output of Audiobus 3? Cheers. :smiley:

• There's only one option:
    AUM

• @supadom said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@TheBro said:

I beg to differ

I stand corrected. My bad.

• BM2 was the first DAW to support Link...BM3 is the 2nd

• edited September 2017

@OscarSouth said:
    There's only one option:
    AUM

What's that mate? :smiley:

EDIT Just Googled it - seems good. Any idea how I would upload a recording from that app to Soundcloud? Nice one. :smiley:

EDIT 2 Bit pricey lol at almost $19 :open_mouth: Any cheaper alternatives or am I being a cheap skate lol?

• With everything AUM can do, $19 is more than fair.

• @kgmessier said:
    With everything AUM can do, $19 is more than fair.

Mm guess so. :smile: Need a pay rise for all these apps me thinks lol.

• AUM is the way forward. It's worth every penny

• edited November 2017

@TheBro
    Audioshare by kymatica. Its really useful for organizing files and playing them back, converting from m4a <---> wav. You can record out into that and its super simple/useful tool

If you need more editing options (eq/compression/fine edits/layers) then get Multitrack DAW by harmonicdog

• edited November 2017

Check your DM1 midi out settings... it should say something like ‘disable iaa for link to work’ or something like that.

Edit... me thinks