Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: CME Xkey keyboards: design issue but great service

I thought I would pass along this warning to anybody using the CME Xkey MIDI controllers.

The bad news: the micro-USB port is too close to the keyboard housing to accommodate a typical cable. Trying to insert a standard cable, as I did, risks damaging the USB port, making an almost-new keyboard unusable. (They ship with a special cable with a slimmer profile). This happened to me and I was pretty annoyed.

The good news: I explained my situation to the support organization here in California, and they offered to replace my keyboard even after the warranty had expired (after I explained that I had barely used it).

I think that was pretty solid behavior for a small company which I wanted to pass along. Other than the USB port issue, I like the keyboard and would now consider buying another one someday with Bluetooth.

Comments