Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - September 2017

Comments

• @Marcel said:
    @Bluepunk - , ...with some sort of Ian Dury like song (loved his work).

I happened across a track by his son, Baxter Dury, last week. Interesting..

• @Jocphone said:

@Marcel said:

My old man wore three-piece whistles...he was never home for long....

• @Marcel said:
    @Bluepunk - Too many words for me to really understand it, and I feel like I miss a lot by not understanding the words, so sorry about the lack of some sort of "in depth review" of the track. Apart from the words I hear a good, powerful, nice punky vibe and a good mix and a good production. Perhaps its a great idea to slow your words down, perhaps slow everything down, to end up with some sort of Ian Dury like song (loved his work).

Edit: haha, just watched your review vid pt1 :smiley: Great!! Very original. And great "haircut"! Thanks for your words about my track. Underneath the clown is a sincere soul (and I mean that as a complement :smile: )

Thank you so very much Marcel. Yes, I shall try to slow down and it has been mentioned before about understanding the lyrics, so thank you for the nudge/reminder. :)

• @Jocphone said:

@Marcel said:

VERY interesting. :) 'Pleasure' indeed Joc. Thanks for posting.

• @Shaken&;Stirred reverb sounds good. I always have a problem of being too dry . Vocals sound awesome I gotta say. Good job high energy

• @studs1966 disco style huh. K I don't want to pry too much but what all exactly is going on here.?

• @trackedout said:
    @studs1966 disco style huh. K I don't want to pry too much but what all exactly is going on here.?

Welllllllllllll ......... It's....... Ummmmmmmmm.........Well........ Errr...... Disco!.......
    Add a little alterations to it...... Then people call it NU Disco........ Add a little more, then people call it Soulful House, or US Garage........... Mellow it out a bit, them people call it Deep House...... Add crazy synths to it, then people call it Electro House......... All House/Dance music derives from classic 70's Disco really.......
    A bit like Hip Hop/R&B/Soulful House/Latin music stems from a jazz style of play really..... ;)

• @MonzoPro said:
    Quite a lot of Ripplemaker on this, and some other stuff.

very interesting track! I always think it's cool when something seems jumbled/disjoint when it first hits the ears, but then with repetition the brain sorts it out and the groove sets in. That's what happened as I stumbled through Harrison's Stairwell. Nice mix of sounds, mixed well with enough going on to keep the listener interested.

• @Retzilience said:
    crashes trough the door huffing and puffing

Ok! I made it in September!

My life took a chaotic turn, had some devastating losses and made this song.

Peace.

Hey, seems appropriate to quote Petty, "Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks" - let's have less rocks, more diamonds for us all!

I enjoyed your track. it's a cool vibe, and I like the instruments included, and how it builds. I founds myself eagerly anticipating what was going to come next, and where was it going to come from? Nice work!

• @MonzoPro This was quite a relaxing listen - a new experience for me from a Monzo track. Although the start does have some of the trademark madness it soon settles down into quite a gentle groove. Some nice textural and rhythmic elements going on in the background, and a pleasant laid-back vibe.

If I was still a stoner I would probably enjoy it even more while under the influence, in fact it would be perfect for the purpose, with it's constant stream of interesting sounds.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Jocphone said:

@Marcel said:

My old man wore three-piece whistles...he was never home for long....

Well, .....it is obvious.....there's a valid explanation for this.....he wanted to be home more......but......this constant waiting for taxis.....that never came.

• @Retzilience said:
    crashes trough the door huffing and puffing

Ok! I made it in September!

My life took a chaotic turn, had some devastating losses and made this song.

Peace.

a nice strange charm to this....works very well. lovely instrumentation...and very well put together....I like it :)

• @Retzilience it's like slipping into a dream where a mad organist is playing on a carousel. It's quirky and slightly spooky. The structure feels pretty loose, more like a jam than a song but the lead sounds are good.

• @richardyot said:
    @MonzoPro This was quite a relaxing listen - a new experience for me from a Monzo track. Although the start does have some of the trademark madness it soon settles down into quite a gentle groove. Some nice textural and rhythmic elements going on in the background, and a pleasant laid-back vibe.

If I was still a stoner I would probably enjoy it even more while under the influence, in fact it would be perfect for the purpose, with it's constant stream of interesting sounds.

Thanks Richard! This was put together in Maschine, but using quite a lot of iOS ‘chunks’ (quite a bit of Ripplemaker in there). I’ve been slowly re-learning Maschine, and working out ways of integrating iPad bits. Think I’m finally starting to get there, so future SOTM submissions should benefit from a bit more structure.

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Quite a lot of Ripplemaker on this, and some other stuff.

very interesting track! I always think it's cool when something seems jumbled/disjoint when it first hits the ears, but then with repetition the brain sorts it out and the groove sets in. That's what happened as I stumbled through Harrison's Stairwell. Nice mix of sounds, mixed well with enough going on to keep the listener interested.

Thanks! I’ve got a bit of a short attention span - so I tend to throw everything including the kitchen sink into my tracks!

• edited October 2017

@Shaken&;Stirred said:
    Hey y'all, meet Llewellyn! Please pay special attention to the level of the reverb on the vocal, if you would. I struggle with this. I set up an AUX channel in Auria with the Convolution Reverb "Vocal Plate" into Pro-Q2 with the both the highs and lows rolled off the reverb. Also the vocal subgroup also through a little hall reverb, but I have trouble settling on how much is enough, not too much, etc. Feedback on that, and any and all other feedback appreciated!

Meet the band:

• Song flushed out in BM3 using internal sounds Lo-FI House kit, Donk Nation
    • iSem hosted in BM3 for the synth lead
    • Beathawk, 3 instances hosted in BM3 for some bass and noises
    • Audio Damage's Grind and Pumphouse for added fun
    • Guitar recorded in AUM hosting ToneStack
    • everthing brought into Auria Pro for mixing with Saturn, Pro-Q2, Microwarmer
    • "Mastered" in Auria using Pro-L

Thanks for listening!

Llewellyn
    Verse
    Let me tell you about a girl I know
    She’s got four L’s in her name
    The first one stands for “loneliness”
    She’ll go out just the way she came

The seconds stands for “law and order”
    She has so many rules
    The third one stands for “leave it alone”
    She thinks changes are for fools

But the fourth “L” stands for “lunatic”
    Cuz I think she's kind of strange
    I’ve tried everything to win her heart
    I’m losing sleep, I’m going insane

Chorus
    Llewellyn is yellin’
    While I’m just trying to talk some sense
    Llewellyn keeps yellin’
    What’s it gonna take to push her off the fence
    Llewellyn is yellin’
    Why won’t she set her love free
    Llewellyn stop yellin’
    Whisper to me, you’ll love nobody but me

Verse
    Logic’s never been her strong suit
    But that ain’t part of her game
    She’s the power and the strength of the sun
    My heart burns for that flame

Seems so strange
    Won't ever change
    I’ve tried everything to win her heart
    I’m losing sleep, I’m going insane

Great track, I really like the sound you’ve got on the vocals too. Reminds me of They Might Be Giants for some reason....and they’d appreciate the title here in Wales!

• I like your track Richard - there’s a Floydy/Barrett feel to it, dreamy and laid back, a relaxing listen! Only thing I’d do differently (apart from adding my trademark farmyard samples) would be to add a bit more treble to the EQ, as the drums are a bit muffled for my old ears. Quality stuff though.

• Loved your entry for this month, @DefRobot, specially the guitar riff, and your vocal parts! Great song! Keep them coming!

• @Marcel, always love your harmonies, and this time is no different. Bravo! Beautiful lyrics as well. Keep it up!

• Very interesting song, @rickwaugh! Do you like progressive rock? This sounds a little like some early Premiata Forneria Marconi. Loved it! Keep it up!

• Great alternative rock song, @trackedout! Loved the harmonies. Found the voice a little buried in the mix, but it’s sort of appropriate for the style. Well done!

• Great song, @Shaken&;Stirred! Perfect mix, ready for commercial release IMO. A little Oingo Boingo vibe - not the style itself, but the vibe of the song. Loved it! Keep them coming.

• Another great EDM offering, @studs1966! You’re becoming a master of the genre. Ready for commercial release. Bravo!

• Great energy, inventive lyrics and a great mix! Bravo! Really loved this one, @Bluepunk! I know, I still have to listen last month’s, I haven’t forget! Keep it up!

• Interesting track, @moff! You have a good command of the genre. Is it your voice or a sampled speech? Keep it up!

• Welcome to the SOTMC, @AndyPlankton! Loved your first track. Didn’t understand the cowbell click, though. Nice mix, great synth timbres and great mix!

• Interesting track, @Jumpercollins! Great, infectious techno beat! Loved it.

• Your poetry/lyrics work is top notch as usual, @JohnnyGoodyear! Where did the video footage come from? Great job!

• Loved your track, @richardyot. In fact, it sounds a little like 80’s gothic new wave, which is perhaps what you intended with you “funeral song” concept. Great harmonies and nice modulation to the choruses. Really cool!

• Weird and cool track, @MonzoPro! Could easily be a soundtrack of horror/suspense movie. Thumbs up!

• @Retzilience, sorry to hear about the troubles you’ve been through. Your song is interesting and well crafted. Enjoyed the clean guitar, both the chords and tone, and also the stereo imaging. Great piece!