Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - September 2017

Comments

• @Bluepunk said:
    Second round of reviews that lack ANY substance..... sorry for that! Also apologise if I've missed anyone out, and if so please let me know before 17.30 hrs Saturday as a game of huge proportions is due to begin....Thanks. Feeling the love for this alcatel PIXI now. It has a mind of its own, works intermittently and possesses caverns full of character. Still a bastard of a thing mind you. :)

It's worth all the bother just for this.

• @AndyPlankton said:

Definitely Red........Manc by personal adoption for the last 12 years, originally from Surrey (which is even further from Liverpool.....blame Kevin Keegan for that one).

Surrey? A natural United supporter. Bravo!

• @moff A pretty cool bouncy trance tune, lots of nice little sequenced melodies and bleeps in there, and a good groove pumping throughout. Enough changes and evolution to stop it being boring over the course of five minutes, the toes keep tapping and the ears are entertained throughout. Good job.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Definitely Red........Manc by personal adoption for the last 12 years, originally from Surrey (which is even further from Liverpool.....blame Kevin Keegan for that one).

Surrey? A natural United supporter. Bravo!

United supporter :O

Scouse Red ;)

• edited September 2017

Quite a lot of Ripplemaker on this, and some other stuff.

• edited September 2017

@MonzoPro We see you there, sneaking in to the back of the club in your big boots....first and trivially foremost I love the 'cover'. Perfectly weird without trying too hard. Also love how there's real nuance in this quiet madness. Sort of thing I would have listened to at one time without hearing any more than the first layer, but not now. So much atmosphere (decrepit sci-fi) BUT I'd like more words, even if seemingly plotless. Maybe a few less scissors and a few more left-field things. The various other vocal noises, squeaks and stutters and giggles work perfectly. Good and gaseous stuff.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @MonzoPro We see you there, sneaking in to the back of the club in your big boots....first and trivially foremost I love the 'cover'. Perfectly weird without trying too hard. Also love how there's real nuance in this quiet madness. Sort of thing I would have listened to at one time without hearing any more than the first layer, but not now. So much atmosphere (decrepit sci-fi) BUT I'd like more words, even if seemingly plotless. Maybe a few less scissors and a few more left-field things. The various other vocal noises, squeaks and stutters and giggles work perfectly. Good and gaseous stuff.

Thanks Boss.

I’m suffering from a lack of vocals/vocalists - a good song helps with the structure, so my instrumentals flounder a bit. Just noticed the middle bit of this is a mess, but I kept getting interrupted during the final mix so didn’t listen to it properly etc. etc.

Would love to have some vocals to tie it all in - just making do with squeaks and giggles at the moment, but plucking up courage to do my own soon.

Will give a bit of feedback to the others, late to the party etc.

• @MonzoPro said:

I’m sorry but I still getting over the teeth......and believe me when I say that’s rich coming from me :)

Had me confused and awkward at the start, but ended up comfortable and relaxed by the end....Nice sounds and great mix too.
    Kinda wanted it to kick off into something so a perfect partner for something raucous to follow it :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

I’m sorry but I still getting over the teeth......and believe me when I say that’s rich coming from me :)

Had me confused and awkward at the start, but ended up comfortable and relaxed by the end....Nice sounds and great mix too.
    Kinda wanted it to kick off into something so a perfect partner for something raucous to follow it :)

Thanks Andy, yeah I need to work on it a bit more. I’ve got loads of ‘bits’ but finishing/tying them together is the usual stumbling block for me :) I’m determined to get the guitar and voice on something at some point, though maybe that might not be an improvement...

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Thanks Andy, yeah I need to work on it a bit more. I’ve got loads of ‘bits’ but finishing/tying them together is the usual stumbling block for me :) I’m determined to get the guitar and voice on something at some point, though maybe that might not be an improvement...

Sounds like a mirror image of me there fella

• @Zen210507 said:

@Bluepunk said:
    Missed out on him first time around and now beginning to understand what all the fuss was/is about.

Neil Young is probably the only one of the Laurel Canyon mob who did not either burn out, sell out or fade away. If you fancy hearing it, here’s link to what I think is in his top five songs, yet least played.

Cortez the Killer

https://youtu.be/ijrkKNZRIfM

An unexpected gift to receive in the post and that is very kind of you sir. Are we about to hear some Zen stuff down here in The Club? Thanks again. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Bluepunk said:
    Second round of reviews that lack ANY substance..... sorry for that! Also apologise if I've missed anyone out, and if so please let me know before 17.30 hrs Saturday as a game of huge proportions is due to begin....Thanks. Feeling the love for this alcatel PIXI now. It has a mind of its own, works intermittently and possesses caverns full of character. Still a bastard of a thing mind you. :)

A small film unto itself. LOVED the Meerkat metaphor. Yes you're full of undigested and mad cool beans, but boy you pack a lot of references and allusions into a very small package (nurse). I'm guessing that only those of us who fiddle with video know how much time this kind of (seemingly) effortless production takes. And that's not including the costume changes....

B+ :)

Thank you. Yes, it tests me to the limits and as you well know, technicals are not my thing. And B+ to boot! A good, honest mark and a first for me.... (apart from the Dealer Courses... 'A+'.... with distinctions.. and smashed eye socket :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Bluepunk said:

Definitely Red........Scouse Red :) Manc by personal adoption for the last 12 years, originally from Surrey (which is even further from Liverpool.....blame Kevin Keegan for that one).

Love these reviews man, you are definitely mad as a box of frogs....
    The ties...still giggling now :D

Oh, and do these Judges not know the service you are doing for the local community already by saving them having to go down the docks themselves ?

>
    Exactly Andy. And the fact that I can employ local folk to do the door-to-door-delivery service provided, means they come off benefits, work hard, pay their taxes (of sorts) and all get lung cancer and die early saving on pension payouts down the line.

Oh really? Liverpool. F and a weeks detention for you lad. :)

• @Bluepunk said:
    An unexpected gift to receive in the post and that is very kind of you sir. Are we about to hear some Zen stuff down here in The Club? Thanks again. :)

>

You are very welcome. Always love to spread the word about something good.

As for contributing here, I am the lyricist. :) But Repulse the Monkey as a whole are working on the second album. Should you be so inclined, you can hear our track ‘Assume Nothing’ on the Doug Woods benefit album.

• I can't find your track in the thread (I'm sure it's here somewhere but my head is too full of bees to concentrate), but listened on the Soundcloud thingy. Really like it, you should sing more. There's a Neil Young tang there, which is very pleasant, and I particularly like the bit where you're accompanied by other voices (yours too?), very good.

@Bluepunk said:
    Apologies for uploading before commenting. Planning to vid review a few of your scrumptious songs this month so getting this out the way first.

Someone around here planted a word into my topsoil.... 'ballad' (ssshhh). It took root (kind of), began to grow (kind of), got eaten by caterpillars, and died slowly. oh well. Flat as fuck and sharp as shit but had to give it a go... had to. Guitarism + iFretless Bass + REd Snearan.

Blimey, that's a proper thing. I was watching a bit of new wave 80's stuff on the telly last night (and lamenting the current 'pop charts'), and that would fit right in. Proper job.

@AndyPlankton said:
    OK here goes.....my first entry into SOTMC, I have always bailed out of posting here due to me not being a songwriter and making tunes rather than songs....that and being a little scared of keeping company with the talent on display here....

The track was conceived in Groovebox....built and played using Novation circuit using both it's internal synths and sequencing a BassStation2 and Mininova, with guitar played through a Line 6 Ampifii TT, recorded and mixed in Cubasis.
    Vocal samples come from blocs wave packs, with Audio Damage and VoiceRack FX applied.

I'll be listening to all other entries throughout today and this evening, and feeding back.

Great structure and tune - all fits together really nicely. Surprised the vocals are from a pack as they sound custom yelled for the track. Like it.

@Jumpercollins said:
    Ambience in Space. All iOS.

Nice to have a video to go with the track. Good ambience and mix of synths, and I lkike the weird vocal sample. I'm a bit lost in space this morning so it's probably an apt listen.

• @Zen210507 said:

As for contributing here, I am the lyricist. :) But Repulse the Monkey as a whole are working on the second album. Should you be so inclined, you can hear our track ‘Assume Nothing’ on the Doug Woods benefit album.

It's a classy track that one, puts me in mind of some of @johnnygoodyear 's work, very polished.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

It's a classy track that one, puts me in mind of some of @johnnygoodyear 's work, very polished.

>

Cheers, Monzo. Much appreciated.

• edited September 2017

@DefRobot - Very good one! It all sounds very good to my ears. Very good production. Also the development/progression/dynamic in the song sounds good to me. The only thing that could improve it is the adding of a stunning catchy melody line :smile: . Hard to do that, I know. Nice artwork!

@rickwaugh - It starts a bit like Robert Fripp. A sort of counter offbeat accent in playing style - don't exactly know what I mean by this :smile: , but it feels like a correct statement. But this changes after a while. Interesting solo play. Is it a real guitar? I like it anyway - whatever it is. It is playful, joyful, nice, original, weird in a positive way, I like it!! EDIT: just read your introducing words on your track, its a strat. And: yes the solo fits very good, it stands out for me.

@trackedout - Wow, heavy, in a good way!. Good production! A lot to hear here. But it is all well played and mixed/produced. It sounds good as it is, but perhaps the voice needs a tiny tiny volume lift, but this could be my speakers. I know this is one of the hardest things to get right, plus when you think its right, the next day it sounds wrong again, one could spend weeks/months/years on this and still not be happy about it (getting drifted away now).

@richardyot - Wow, that sounds very good! Nice mood!! Great moody guitar licks!! Love it! The voice sounds good in the mix. The "chorus voice" sounds a tiny bit less good in the mix (to my ears), could be my hearing, don't know what it is, it sounds different then the rest of the voice. Is there more reverb? Is the EQ-ing different there? But I am a bit too critical now perhaps. I like this track!! Lovely laid back mood!

• Today is review day! :)

• crashes trough the door huffing and puffing

Ok! I made it in September!

My life took a chaotic turn, had some devastating losses and made this song.

Peace.

• @Retzilience said:
    crashes trough the door huffing and puffing

Peace.

A grinding sad carousel with funhouse mirrors....deliberately or otherwise it's most certainly elegiac . Sorry to hear you've had some troubles. Keep the faith (whatever brand works for you) and keep making music also (of course). Finally, well done for getting in under the wire; next month is soon to be here and all starts fresh and new....

• edited October 2017

@Retzilience - Alienated/estranged piece. Must be your recent experiences. Well put into music! Interesting mood this piece. Well done! Nice banjo. Spices it up. Good luck! Peace.

• edited October 2017

@Shaken&;Stirred - You specifically ask feedback about the amount of reverb in the voice: it sounds great to me! Def not too much! Can't hear the issue as a matter of fact, the voice sounds great/perfect in the mix. Great production!

• edited October 2017

@studs1966 - Great your piece has been signed to a company! Disco house hop. Great rythm guitar! Great vocals. Pro level. Not my piece of cake though, but I hear it sounds good. I wonder what your role in this piece is.....did you compose it and played (or programmed) all the instruments and asked a lady to sing on top of it? How much of it is made/done by you? I search on Soundcloud and I find the same song.....yours sounds better, but is yours a cover, or is this one below also from you? My questions are perhaps a bit of a suspicious nature, but it just makes me think.....if I remix a Neil Young song...is it appropriate to post it here....(I don't want to be negative/offensive, I just have these reflections about your track, caused by a combination of lack of information and my imagination).

• edited October 2017

@Bluepunk - Too many words for me to really understand it, and I feel like I miss a lot by not understanding the words, so sorry about the lack of some sort of "in depth review" of the track. Apart from the words I hear a good, powerful, nice punky vibe and a good mix and a good production. Perhaps its a great idea to slow your words down, perhaps slow everything down, to end up with some sort of Ian Dury like song (loved his work).

Edit: haha, just watched your review vid pt1 :smiley: Great!! Very original. And great "haircut"! Thanks for your words about my track. Underneath the clown is a sincere soul (and I mean that as a complement :smile: )

• @theconnactic - Nice!! Atmospheric. And real. Lovely solo!! Great tone. Nice shaker. Very nice composition. Good production, well done! Some vocals could really finish it off.

• @JohnnyGoodyear - Very atmospheric! I like it! Very nice piano stuff in it, and other sounds. It crawls under the skin this one. Magic indeed (as someone else said here). Well done!

• Last vid review. There's always one....... :smile:

• @Retzilience said:
    crashes trough the door huffing and puffing

Peace.

Sorry for missing your track first time around, and also to hear of the turbulence in your life. There's a Sleaford Mods vid (yeah, them again) filmed at a closing for winter, wet, miserable amusement arcade and your tune would slip easily into their excellent vid. A taste of candy floss laced with sadness/emptiness is a delicacy one can only experience on a run down pier at a deserted seaside town.... Nice one sir. B+ :)